Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for "Enter The Elder Scrolls Online: Greymoor Home Decorating Contest"

• Ufretin
    Ufretin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's kinda hard to decorate a vampire or (Western) Nord themed house with the abysmal drop rate of the new furniture plans.
    OH wait, I can buy them from the Crown Store, can't I?
    :#
  • Azriael2
    Azriael2
    ✭✭✭
    To delete.
    Edited by Azriael2 on June 18, 2020 2:00AM
    "Rise, red as the dawn."
  • MageCatF4F
    MageCatF4F
    ✭✭✭✭
    JHartEllis wrote: »
    @ZOS_SarahHecker
    Is inclusion of player characters in the screenshot allowed/encouraged/discouraged? <3

I hope its allowed, or else I need to retake my screenshot :disappointed:

I did a whole vampire theme and used my vampire character in the screenshot!

Good question. Also, is it even possible to retake and resubmit a screenshot?
  • axecidential
    axecidential
    Soul Shriven
    can the characters be inside the screen shot?
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This one is also curious as to if there may be your own apprentices or even some willing friends within the screenshot?

If not than she may have to replace Snowstorm Claws with a chub loon or something …

Also why are the Money Nation team on the judging panel??!!

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws
    Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
    Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/
  • seecodenotgames
    seecodenotgames
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This one is also curious as to if there may be your own apprentices or even some willing friends within the screenshot?

If not than she may have to replace Snowstorm Claws with a chub loon or something …

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws

It says it is judged by the devs, plus JHart as a member of the stream team.
    Houses on PC EU (newest first)
    • 62. Sand Castles (Fogbreak Lighthouse) - A literal life size sand castle
    • 61. Riften Meadery (Old Mistveil Manor) - A new meadery has opened outside Riften
    • 60. Helene's Writing Room (Golden Gryphon Garret) - A small room for Helene to get some quiet writing time
    • 59. Picnic at Pelin (Black Vine Villa) - Based on the lore book Picnic at Pelin (A Horror Story)
    • 58. Almalexias Temple (Forsaken Stronghold) - A Dunmer Tower with a shrine to the three
    • 57. Pirate New Life For Me (Highhallow Hold) - A pirate tavern where they gift you loot
    • 56. Woodvine Cathedral (Agony's Ascent) - A living cathedral thriving in the Deadlands
    • 55. Dark Elf Town House (Quondam Indorilia) - A small and cosy town house on the edge of Mournhold
    • 54. The Secret Tower (Exorcised Coven Cottage) - A hidden mage tower in the swamps on the Hag Fen
    • 53. Knight Club (Frostvault Chasm) - A disco in a dwarven mineshaft
    • 52. Dwemer Cave City (The Erstwhile Sanctuary) - A lost dwarven city has been found deep underground
    • 51. Alinor Gryphon Aerie (Colossal Aldmeri Grotto) - A place where gryphons are trained
    • 50. The Charred Towers (Doomchar Plateau) - Deadlands themed fortress with two towers and custom furniture
    • 49. Argonian Sea Town (Tel Galen) - An Argonian sea port
    • 48. Daedric Princess Tower (Seaveil Spire) - An underwater tower dedicated to the Daedric Prince Meridia
    • 47. Fargrave Observatory (Ossa Accentium) - An observatory in the portal realm of Fargrave
    • 46. Hundings Beach House (Hundings Palatial Hall) - Beach house and hottub
    • 45. Crystal Gardens (Snugpod) - Enchanted Gardens with crystalline trees
    • 44. Dawnlight Health Spa (Princely Dawnlight Palace) - Our spa waters are revitalising and ready to heal your aching body
    • 43. Mountainside Retreat (Pariah's Pinnacle) - An orc mountainside hall with an amazing view
    • 42. Volcanic Vile Villa (Kushalit Sanctuary) - A private hollowed out volcano for all your mad alchemist needs
    • 41. Arenthian Water Temple (Strident Springs Demesne) - A relaxing water temple outside Arenthia
    • 40. Woodland Cottage (Ald Velothi Harbor House) - A house in a tree, but not a treehouse
    • 39. Winter Snow Meadhall (Enchanted Snow Globe Home) - A winter meadhall has opened to get everyone in the festive mood
    • 38. Fire and Ice Hotel (Elinhir Private Arena) - An new hotel has opened with an ice bar and a lava room
    • 37. City of Princes (Pantherfang Chapel) - Citadese is under attack from a dragon invasion. Prince Tarvia is leading the escape through the sewers.
    • 36. Dark Brotherhood Home (Stay-Moist Mansion) - A Dark Brotherhood Sanctuary found beneath an Argonian village
    • 35. Volkihar Courtyard (Velothi Reverie) - A castle courtyard modelled on the famous Volkihar Castle in Skyrim
    • 34. Rada's Summer Getaway (Potentate's Retreat) - A Redguard mansion with a dark vampiric secret in the basement
    • 33. Cascadia Wine N Dine (Sweetwater Cascades) - Vineyard and meadery with two restaurants and a chapel
    • 32. Walled Kitchen Garden (Amaya Lake Lodge) - Fresh produce and cut flowers for sale. Hot food served in a family restaurant.
    • 31. Luckycat Summerhouse (Lucky Cat Landing) - A khajiiti villa with spa and dining
    • 30. Helene's Boutique (Water's Edge) - The famous dressmaker has opened a new dress shop in town
    • 29. Alinor Garden Party (Mathiisen Manor) - A party in the flower gardens of a Altmer noble's manor
    • 28. Markarth Bath House (Stone Eagle Aerie) - A relaxing spa and bath house with an arts and craft centre
    • 27. Treeboat house (The Gorinir Estate) - No one know how an imperial ship ended up in the treetops
    • 26. Varlaisvea College (Varlaisvea Ayleid Ruins) - An ancient library has been discovered deep inside an Ayleid ruin
    • 25. City on the Moon (The Orbservatory Prior) - Moonbase with housing and an inn under the stars
    • 24. Lakemire Water Gardens (Lakemire Xanmeer Manor) - Relaxing hanging gardens and a fish restaurant beneath the Xanmeer
    • 23. Hircine's Hunt Club (Hunters Glade) - A relaxing villa for werewolves to feast in the ever refilling hunting grounds
    • 22. Lost Dwarven Kingdom (Shalidor’s Shrouded Realm) - A lost Dwemer king's palace has been found in a mage's pocket realm
    • 21. Replaced with 54. The Secret Tower
    • 20. Topal Fishing Resort (Grand Topal Hideaway) - A resort in the middle of a fishing lake on a private island
    • 19. Castleton Manor (Alinor Crest Townhouse) - The home of Lord Castleton and his daughter Sonja
    • 18. Cave of BBQ N Ribs (Earthtear Cavern) - A secret rocky dome, hosts a BBQ and ribs restaurant
    • 17. Who Lived in a Shoe (The Ample Domicile) - There was an old reach witch who lived in a shoe
    • 16. Dwemer Party Tower (Hall of the Lunar Champion - Lion's Cradle) - A dwarven flying tower repurposed for parties
    • 15. A Taste of Alinor (Sleek Creek House) - A small piece of Alinor beside a creek
    • 14. Lava Submarine Base (Bastion Sanguinaris) - An evil vampire alchemy lab, accessible only via a lava submarine
    • 13. Spirit-tree Library (Wraithhome) - A library built atop an ancient forest within an ancient Daedric ruin
    • 12. Golden Beach Palace (Thieves' Oasis) - A dwarven inspired Redguard beach resort
    • 11. Mad Scientists House (Cyrodilic Jungle House) - Workshop and garage with an experimental De-lore-ean
    • 10. Big Toy House (Antiquarian's Alpine Gallery) - Two life sized doll's houses and a inn beneath the stairs
    • 9. Icy Falls Inn (Forgemaster Falls) - Two Nord lodges on a lake, serving mead and fresh fish
    • 8. Blue-ice Palace (Stillwaters Retreat) - Solitude, but on a frozen lake
    • 7. Mushroom Manor (Coldharbour Surreal Estate) - Dunmer house built from giant mushrooms
    • 6. Vampire Academy with wine bar (Daggerfall Overlook) - Come for the nibbles; stay for eternity
    • 5. Three Pillows War (Grymharth's Woe) - Re-enact the three banners war with pillow forts and floof balls
    • 4. Treefern House (Moon-sugar meadow) - Giant treefern treehouse
    • 3. Artaeum Theatre/Opera housel (Grand Psijic Manor) - Tiered Balcony
    • 2. Imperial Bridal Suite (Linchal Grand Manor) - Wedding venue with bridal suite extension
    • 1. Dragonguard Penthouse (Jode's Embrace) - 3 Extra floors, with indoor conservatory and top floor gym
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws

It says it is judged by the devs, plus JHart as a member of the stream team.

It most certainly mentioned a number of different teams earlier on ...

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws
    Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
    Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Show off your sense of style and interior design skills for a chance to win some fantastic ESO prizes!

i submitted my screenshot and entered it about 4 days ago, i never received an Email, nor did i receive any "Entry" as you noted in the rules, i never received any notification at all.
    nothing ...

as per stated in your rules:

quote:
    "Once your Submission is received, you will receive an entry (each an “Entry” or collectively, the “Entries”) into the Contest."
    quote:
    6. PRIZE CLAIM CONDITIONS
    "The selected entrants will be notified by Sponsor via the e-mail address submitted by the entrant from the Entry. The selected entrants may also be required to complete and return to Sponsor (or its authorized agent) by the deadline specified in the documents a written affidavit of eligibility (or declaration and release), a release of liability and assignment of intellectual property, and publicity release form (collectively, the “Release”), releasing the Contest Group from any liability in connection with this Contest or the acceptance, possession, use or misuse of any prize. Return of any prize or winner notification as undeliverable, inability to reach selected entrant or failure of selected entrant to respond to notification within two (2) days of first attempt by Sponsor or Sponsor’s agent, failure to provide proof of eligibility (if requested), Release documents, or other required documentation in a timely manner.
    end quote"

Edited by Gilvoth on June 20, 2020 5:30PM
  • StabbityDoom
    StabbityDoom
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I think you misunderstand Gilvoth. "Once your Submission is received, you will receive an entry (each an “Entry” or collectively, the “Entries”) into the Contest." - this means you will be entered. It has nothing to do with you getting a confirmation (which they are not doing.) The SELECTED entrants (winners) will be notified. Not all entrants. I am a lawyer and this is my read on this, if it helps.
    PC/NA
    EHT zealot
    streamer: http://twitch.tv/stabbitydoom
  • hashii
    hashii
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom @ZOS_SarahHecker Are Reshades allowed when taking the picture? They make for nice pictures.
  • Jthomas56
    Jthomas56
    ✭✭✭
    @hashii they said add ons need to be disabled, but if you’re asking about photoshop touch-ups after capturing the image I have not seen anything from them regarding this.
  • hashii
    hashii
    ✭✭✭
    Jthomas56 wrote: »
    @hashii they said add ons need to be disabled, but if you’re asking about photoshop touch-ups after capturing the image I have not seen anything from them regarding this.

nah, it's not a photoshop touch up after capturing the image. Think of TESV: Skyrim ReShades, but for ESO. A reshade is a preset download that makes your game look better, prettier, more picturesque, and vibrant just by tweaking the lighting and colors of the game. It allows for better screenshots in the game. I have been playing ESO with a ReShade for a long time cause I love taking pictures in this game, so it feels odd to remove it.

Just wanted to get confirmation if it is allowed for this contest. It's not part of the traditional Minion addons or Essential Housing Tools and it doesn't add any special effects or animations to your house. All it does is, it makes your colors and lighting a bit more vibrant.

Please let me know if this is allowed @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom @ZOS_SarahHecker . Thanks
  • Wolf_Eye
    Wolf_Eye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have a question about the personal identifying information that would be published on the website.

It states the Sponsor may post the name and hometown of people entering the contest. Is this only for the winners? Does it necessarily have to be the real name of the individual or can it be the in-game ID tag? Is email address published too?

That is a lot of personally identifying information that would then be widely available for the public, and any stranger could take advantage of that. I can understand that the company would need it privately so they could dispense and/or mail the rewards, but I just want clarification of it being made publicly because that makes me a little nervous. I had a friend who was stalked before...
  • Mix
    Mix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have a question. I have submitted a screenshot for the Nord theme and after submitting realized I had a better screenshot that framed it a bit better, is there a way to re-submit?
  • Raltin
    Raltin
    ✭✭✭✭
    Wait for this contest to turn into something dictated by bunches of players standing around wearing vampire or nord costumes, surrounded by some of the most lazily done housing designs possible. This is why I never enter these contests, they always turn into something they're not supposed to be, and I rage every time. Lemme give you an example...

Remember when the outfit system came out, where first implemented the learned motif pages as overrides for you to use and truly get creative with your outfit design work? They made a contest for the best outfits created using this new system, themed after various daedric princes, offering similar prizes to what they are now for this contest. Following these rules, I ended up making a near-exact replica, a lovingly detailed recreation of the Priest of Order outfit from TES IV Oblivion. End of the contest rolled around and this is what happened.

99% of the winners used the eso+ option to dye crown store outfits (which already existed to my knowledge before the outfit system was updated) and used HOUSING to present an image. They did not use the new outfit system, and used housing to create visuals to make up for their lack of outfit design creativity. One player used the Nocturnal robes and used the housing editor to make wings out of quills behind herself to resemble Meridia, another had a SECOND player with him and they dressed up in crown store outfits to resemble Sheogorath and Haskil (not even resemble, they used the EXACT same outfits the prince and his steward used, the sheogorath outfit being exclusive to crown crates) while putting a bunch of furniture on the ceiling and setting a glowing wheel of cheese on one of the tables. Which adds another problem... the contest was apparently supposed to be only for one winner per prince category, but then you had all these entrances with MULTIPLE players in them, helping them with group outfit photos. How fair is that to the players who haven't built up a large friend-base yet? Let alone the conundrum of WHO is even worthy of winning the prize for that... the person who submitted the picture who leeched off the creativity of their friends or the people who supported the leech? The contest was for the OUTFIT SYSTEM, not crown store outfits to be dyed, NOT for housing visuals, NOT for massive groups, it was for MOTIFS in the NEW SYSTEM.

So, that's why I never enter these things. Someone who bends and even BREAKS the rules and has an unfair advantage will always come out the winner, while you get left in the dust.
    "Proud purveyor of Cyrodiil Pickles."
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Raltin wrote: »
    I never enter these things..

Much snippage, I admit, but I wanted to take the above comment and note that I often do "participate" in the sense that I get inspired to make or redecorate a house/apt because of a contest, but too many times I just completely space the actual entering part.

The playing around, and the inspiration from the "contest" are the fun parts to me...I don't even have to enter to win.
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • bluebird
    bluebird
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Raltin wrote: »
    Wait for this contest to turn into something dictated by bunches of players standing around wearing vampire or nord costumes, surrounded by some of the most lazily done housing designs possible. This is why I never enter these contests, they always turn into something they're not supposed to be, and I rage every time. Lemme give you an example...
    [...]
    99% of the winners used the eso+ option to dye crown store outfits
    I also sincerely hope this 'housing' contest won't turn into a 'pose with your friends in vampire outfits' contest, and that the submissions will focus on the housing aspect of it only. I'm also very salty about how the 'Daedric Dress-Up' contest turned into the Daedric Background contest.

But just for fact's sake, the winners did use Outfits, not costumes. The Sheo one you mentioned was using Abah's Watch I think, and the Meridia one was using an Ebonshadow outfit style, not the Nocturnal costume. But yeah, agreed on the fact that a very bland Outfit won simply by standing in front of some feathered background they made with housing lol.
  • Lyterette
    Lyterette
    ✭✭
    This question has not been answered yet and has been asked a few times now. Are we able to resubmit our screenshot if we have a better one to submit? I was under the impression our houses would be toured so I took a wide screenshot that does not show off finer details I think would be better suited for my entry. I know others have the same problem. Can we resubmit our screenshots?
  • Dave10346
    Dave10346
    Soul Shriven
    Submitted my screenshots today but I did not see any uploading at all. It went instantly to the "Thank you for submitting your entry!" page. Is this normal? With no confirmation, how do I know that my photos were received?
    Edited by Dave10346 on July 8, 2020 5:12AM
  • Arictheana
    Arictheana
    ✭✭✭
    So after we submit screenshot, can we tear our 'set' down? Things are taking a lot of slots up lol
    Edited by Arictheana on July 2, 2020 9:56PM
  • Ruggerue
    Ruggerue
    Soul Shriven
    When will the winners be notified? I only ask because I have seen several people post their screen shots on social media. My understanding of the rules was can not be published, does this mean they could be disqualified? I’m curious only as an individual who would like to post their screenshot when it is appropriate:) ty
    Edited by Ruggerue on July 8, 2020 1:48AM
  • Cameron991
    Cameron991
    ✭✭✭✭
    Have the winners received their emails? They said they were being sent today sadly I haven’t gotten one :(
  • Chuck_Finley
    Chuck_Finley
    ✭✭✭
    Great job to all the winners. Those were some very nice homes they showed during the stream yesterday!