The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Stamblade in graymoor

Deathlord92
Deathlord92
✭✭✭✭✭
So can’t wait to test it myself anyone who knows me knows I main stamblade. So how’s stamblade in graymoor pc players? What’s it like with stuhns favour and as a vampire both things I’m eager to try?
Edited by Deathlord92 on June 3, 2020 4:52PM
  • Unfadingsilence
    Unfadingsilence
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So can’t wait to test it myself anyone who knows me knows I main stamblade. So how’s stamblade in graymoor pc players? What’s it like with stuhns favour and as a vampire both things I’m eager to try?

not running vampire or stuhns on stam NB there are a few other sets and older sets that are currently fun to play on
  • Vietfox
    Vietfox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    With the healing nerf i want to try sets like Affliction or Ward of Cyrodiil, maybe paired with Stuhns could work well?
  • erio
    erio
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Ok in cp, reroll for no cp
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Depends. In PvE it is still playable, but it is not a top class for dps, healing or tanking.

In PvP, NB is quite underpowered. To the point that is not competitive. Even if you fight vs average player, you are very handicapped. Vs good player ? Run & hide...

Only thing that you can kinda do on a NB (sadly) is to make a stealth potato build & leach AP. Maybe in a organized group it gets better, but almost no one wants NB into a group, as there are better choices and NB offers little to no group utility.
  • EtTuBrutus
    EtTuBrutus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stamblade is and always will be for players who know the game or noobs who snipe. Being a mediocre stamblade means you can't cover the weaknesses good enough and you might as well run a class with more survivability.
  • Deathlord92
    Deathlord92
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    EtTuBrutus wrote: »
    Stamblade is and always will be for players who know the game or noobs who snipe. Being a mediocre stamblade means you can't cover the weaknesses good enough and you might as well run a class with more survivability.
    After testing I’m actually really liking stamblade in graymoor the healing nerf is painful for stamblade but our healing isn’t suppose to be good anyways but our burst ohhh man I’m loving it feels a lot better imo.
  • xdross
    xdross
    ✭✭
    I've found vampire to be very good for non-cp stamnb. Start off in sneak and use bow light attack for wd enchant proc. You get 900 wd for 6 seconds just by doing that (if you wear med armour of course)! I tried Stuhn in non-cp and it just seems really awkward to use. I'd recommend trying a different set. I use nma and acuity myself. The 10% skill cost increase isn't so bad because I just stacked regen. The base crit res is good too. I swapped out 5 traits for well fitted and don't see much difference in surviveability. I wear snow treaders too to get rid of snares/roots that could get me burst down. With bow roll and channeled accel mobility really isn't a problem.
  • EtTuBrutus
    EtTuBrutus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    After testing I’m actually really liking stamblade in graymoor the healing nerf is painful for stamblade but our healing isn’t suppose to be good anyways but our burst ohhh man I’m loving it feels a lot better imo.

I actually like the healing. Dark cloak is an excellent magicka dump imo. I think of it like this- it takes 2 gcds to make my stam dks vigor strong. With those same 2 gcds i can cast dark cloak and vigor and heal for 3k per second before crits. Sure it's not a vigor with major mending, but it's not like the healing is abysmal.

I don't think stealth is fun in small group play as it forces your opponent to attack someone else. Almost of my builds are meant to stand and fight instead of run and gun.
  • Deathlord92
    Deathlord92
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I actually like the healing. Dark cloak is an excellent magicka dump imo. I think of it like this- it takes 2 gcds to make my stam dks vigor strong. With those same 2 gcds i can cast dark cloak and vigor and heal for 3k per second before crits. Sure it's not a vigor with major mending, but it's not like the healing is abysmal.

I don't think stealth is fun in small group play as it forces your opponent to attack someone else. Almost of my builds are meant to stand and fight instead of run and gun.
    I personally love playing with shadow disguise i play solo and I love the option of getting in and out of the fight if I can’t x the group I’m fighting I will just use hit and run tactics really enjoying this patch.
    Edited by Deathlord92 on June 21, 2020 11:30AM
  • Moonsorrow
    Moonsorrow
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Or.. can combine knowledge & skill of the class and the occasional Sniping.. for great success. Since well, if you are (like me often) say defending a Keep alone at 3am against a certain alliances nightcap zerg that is often pop locked or 3 bars vs other alliances 1 bars..

One does not simply go 1vsX about 50 players with Emp on their group. They also have peeps with Detect Pots because they are expecting 3amBlades assaults. Yeah, can pick targets from back and sides as i already do, but sometimes.. sometimes.. it just feels good to do a few good Snipe kills from the wall, and then kill the one who goes to rez the previously Sniped fellow.

Snipe might be a guilty pleasure, but against 50 zerglings vs 1-3 people, i WILL for sure shoot some lethal arrows to their knees and face. And it gives me pleasure to do so. If that makes me a "noob" like you say.. then so be it. I enjoy the salt i get from it and with those odds in numbers, i shall use all the skills that bring in KILLS before keep gets swarmed. Obviously i leave just before that, so they only get PVDOOR AP and not AP from killing me.

o:)
  • OBJnoob
    OBJnoob
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Night cap Zerg -v- snipeblades that won’t even go down with the ship. Lol. Under the circumstances you’re probably justified. If snipe didn’t desync so much I personally wouldn’t have a problem with it at all. It’s not a nightblade skill... got nothin to do with nothin.

Not sure sniping 3 people from a wall demonstrates a lot of skill or knowledge in the way your character plays though. No more than pouring oils on rams anyway. It’s certainly a sorta game savvy but when combat is all flow and no ebb I don’t think we can talk about skill. They can’t hit you back.

Bugs me to hear about snipe theories and “rotations” as if anything at all would ever mess up the three buttons you gotta hit first.
  • EtTuBrutus
    EtTuBrutus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sniping is so lame. It wouldn't be such a problem if it wasn't so bugged. I think less of players that utilize it knowing how bugged to heck it is.
  • Moonsorrow
    Moonsorrow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OBJnoob wrote: »
    Night cap Zerg -v- snipeblades that won’t even go down with the ship. Lol. Under the circumstances you’re probably justified. If snipe didn’t desync so much I personally wouldn’t have a problem with it at all. It’s not a nightblade skill... got nothin to do with nothin.

Not sure sniping 3 people from a wall demonstrates a lot of skill or knowledge in the way your character plays though. No more than pouring oils on rams anyway. It’s certainly a sorta game savvy but when combat is all flow and no ebb I don’t think we can talk about skill. They can’t hit you back.

Bugs me to hear about snipe theories and “rotations” as if anything at all would ever mess up the three buttons you gotta hit first.

Heh, well - always fighting to the point that end result is obvious: 50 zerglings running in to inner keep and on flags, last kills and then i tactically retreat from the top floor.. or stay and hide for ganks inside the keep. Depends on mood. But yeah, not gonna give those zerglings the satisfaction of running over me with 50 and thinking they are great. They do not earn that AP, they can keep hitting npcs and feel awesome about their pvdoor map conquering without much resistance.

So.. i use all the most salty tricks then and Snipe is the Salt Arrow from a far.. like a blow kiss i send to them with my Bow, to show i care. Gives me nice AP ticks often, that underdog bonus is nice.

But yeah, it is funny when someone mentions using Snipe every now and then, some assume they must be noobs. Like spamming Dizzy is the only REAL WARRIORS skill (on all classes) and anyone using anything else is a potato. Trust me, i play melee most times on all my characters and i spam Dizzy so much that i have become one with Dizzy.

I play melee Magblade with all the most complicated burst minigame on a glass cannon setup that on what even 1 second of lag means trouble, so trust me.. i know my NB class lol.

Sniping with Stamblade feels good when against so big groups that no point in going yolo in middle of it (why would i give them free AP?), and not because of desync, most times i play (outside of primetime) it functions normally. Only when it lags it has increased chances on doing that, same as what Shock damage does. When i play my Magsorc i end up accidentally desyncing others health way more than with my Stamblade. Facts.

Also, trying to use Snipe on primetime, it takes 3 seconds to cast and often not even launch after cast time.. same as Dizzy.

Atleast on StamNB the Surprise Attack "spam" works just nicely. :p
  • Tammany
    Tammany
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've tried to snipe, it takes literally 3 seconds to shoot one arrow and for the second target will be in los or our of range.
    Also most ballgrpoups are 30k ish hp and tanky af (for spamming their aoes) so its damn hard to snipe gank them.