The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Winter's Respite

FrancisCrawford
FrancisCrawford
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭
Does the new Winter's Respite work as advertised?
How big is the circle?
Where is the circle if you triggered it via Wall of Elements?

I ask because I still haven't done a trial, so I use SPC instead of Olorime, so a one-bar healing set could have some appeal.
Edited by FrancisCrawford on May 28, 2020 9:13PM
  • AcadianPaladin
    AcadianPaladin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    2 items: Adds 1-129 Magicka Recovery
    3 items: Adds 12-1096 Maximum Magicka
    4 items: Adds 12-1096 Maximum Magicka
    5 items: Casting abilities that leave an effect on the ground will create a circle of healing frost for 10 seconds. You and your allies restore 27-2358 Health every 1 second while inside the circle. This effect can occur once every 10 seconds.

Sorry I don't know but am intrigued by the set and have the same questions.
    PC NA(no Steam), PvE, mostly solo
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    2 items: Adds 1-129 Magicka Recovery
    3 items: Adds 12-1096 Maximum Magicka
    4 items: Adds 12-1096 Maximum Magicka
    5 items: Casting abilities that leave an effect on the ground will create a circle of healing frost for 10 seconds. You and your allies restore 27-2358 Health every 1 second while inside the circle. This effect can occur once every 10 seconds.

Sorry I don't know but am intrigued by the set and have the same questions.

If it's truly going to hit the tank and melee DPS a large fraction of the time, it could be pretty good. Otherwise, I'm more dubious.

But I just got my first arena resto staff ever (Maelstrom), and the second-set options I use after SPC are in practice pretty bland, so I'd be happy for this to be a good choice. :)
  • AcadianPaladin
    AcadianPaladin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Heh, six of my healer's abilities leave an 'effect on the ground'.
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Heh, six of my healer's abilities leave an 'effect on the ground'.

Warden?
  • AcadianPaladin
    AcadianPaladin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Templar. Extended Ritual, Channeled Focus, Prayer, Illustrious Healing, Wall of Storms, Shards. Not sure though if prayer actually counts since its ground effect dissipates almost immediately.
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Templar. Extended Ritual, Channeled Focus, Prayer, Illustrious Healing, Wall of Storms, Shards. Not sure though if prayer actually counts since its ground effect dissipates almost immediately.

Yeah. I'd be surprised if Combat Prayer counted.

So two of those are definitely centered on you. Two are likely to be aimed near the tank and meleers. Wall of Elements -- well, I'd guess the proc would be centered on you, but who knows?

As so often, it's complicated. :)
  • FoolishOptimist
    FoolishOptimist
    ✭✭✭
    it looks really cool! I wish there was a little bit of synergy with frost damage to bump some Warden/Necro dps numbers, even at a slight nerf to the healing provided. Something like Chilled enemies that stand within the circle take 10% more damage from all frost damage attacks. Make it work similar to DK's Engulfing Flames, and have it rank up with quality;
    • Green 4%
    • Blue 6%
    • Purple 8%
    • Gold 10%
  • TankHealz2015
    TankHealz2015
    ✭✭✭

Looking for comments:

Winter's Respite vs Draugr's Rest vs Amalexia's Mercy

Which do you choose and why?

PvE or PvP ?
    PUG or Core groups?
    What type of content and what role?

Asking for a friend...

• DTAmoral
    DTAmoral
    ✭✭✭✭
    Looking for comments:

My opinion on these two sets from a PvP Experience

Winters Respite and Draugr's Rest:

You are most likely never going to see these two sets in a ball group, or smaller coordinated players. The issue with both is the same. They leave a circle on the ground that does not follow you. Groups can not stand still forever or you will just die.

Do I think these sets might be run on those permablocking people that do no damage but can tank a lot? Sure!

As for the other set Almalexia's Mercy:

I dont think you will get enough of a heal off of it to make much of a difference, or to choose this over a buff set. Maybe you could wear this as a backbar set for a Magden? Not sure. None of these sets strike me as a game changer, or benefit to have in group.

[Edited to show this opinion is for PvP]
    Edited by DTAmoral on June 4, 2020 3:11PM
    Xbox NA - EP
    Team Rocket's Finest Support
    We are recruiting! Use below link for recruitment!
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/577520/team-rocket-ebonheart-pvp-guild#latest
  • Austinseph1
    Austinseph1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Meh, Hiti is way better Imo. Huge aoe, 100% uptime, mobile and provides block roll and sprint reduction. Healing tends to be way overtuned to the point that if you are already laying down your aoe HOTs the only thing that will kill is mechnics or doing something you shouldn't be doing.
  • TankHealz2015
    TankHealz2015
    ✭✭✭

Interested in running PUG Vet dungeons with tank + 3 dps

So maybe, one of these would likely be the secondary set... or even maybe Hiti + Winter Respite...
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Does Hiti's proc from HoT ticks and the like?
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Does Hiti's proc from HoT ticks and the like?

Yes, HoT staples such as Templar Ritual or Warden Healing Seed proc Hiti's.
  • alewis478b14_ESO
    alewis478b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    The last thing healers need is more healing. It's lazy itemization from Zenimax
  • Rolandaxx
    Rolandaxx
    ✭✭✭

Are all these confirmed to proc Respite? At first reading I thought the "target" portion of tooltip had to be "ground", like Spear Shards.
    Edited by Rolandaxx on June 7, 2020 1:25AM
  • Charon_on_Vacation
    Charon_on_Vacation
    ✭✭✭✭
    just as a side note, the set only procs once every 10 seconds.
    if you put down a second ground effect after the first one, it shouldn't proc again.
    one ground effect every 10 seconds is all you need.
  • TankHealz2015
    TankHealz2015
    ✭✭✭
    I've got all three sets: Amalexia Mercy, Draugr Rest, and Winter Respite
    I've experimented with all three as a Tank in PvE PUG vet dungeons including DLC

I wear one of these as a secondary set just to change things around and not wear the same sets all the time.
    The proc looks pretty cool and different... for that ice theme.
    The tooltip for healing on Winter Respite is significantly bigger than the other two.
    2800+ per second for 10 seconds at a proc (very easy and controllable)
    2300+ each proc but only can proc every 3 seconds (20% chance on damage)
    23000+ over 10 seconds (on heavy attack)

Since I back bar a staff anyways, I already drop wall of elements every 10 seconds.
    It also procs from: Fighter Guild skill- Ring Preservation/Turn Evil, Undaunted Guild skill- Altar, Mages Guild skill- Fire/Volcano Rune, DK skill- Cinder Storm/Eruption, and Alliance skill- Caltrops

So for me it's quite normal to have one of those skills on my bar to keep it proc'ed.
    Love to group in a dungeon wearing this and someone else has the Hiti Hearth going. The both combined looks pretty sweet.

Anybody have a different experience with comparing which of the three sets comes out on top?

• AcadianPaladin
    AcadianPaladin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Finally put a set on my Templar healer and quite like it. Of the skills she slots, it procs on Extended Ritual, Channeled Focus, Illustrious Healing, Wall and Shards. No surprise, but it does not proc on Prayer.

The circular proc is easy to see and I estimate the radius to be 8m. It procs in the center of your ground effect as expected. The only clarification is that it puts down its circle halfway between you and the end of your Blockade of Storms.

The tool tip is 2895 hp / sec so that is pretty good. Some of the possibilities are pretty neat. Shards with healz, Illustrious Healing on steroids (6k hp/sec), etc. Once it procs, no surprise that it won't proc again until the first proc runs its 10 second course.

Farming the set in Skyrim seems fairly easy and the pieces are cheap to buy from the guild traders.

Edited by AcadianPaladin on June 20, 2020 12:55AM
  • BoraxFlux
    BoraxFlux
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Finally put a set on my Templar healer and quite like it. Of the skills she slots, it procs on Extended Ritual, Channeled Focus, Illustrious Healing, Wall and Shards. No surprise, but it does not proc on Prayer.

The circular proc is easy to see and I estimate the radius to be 8m. It procs in the center of your ground effect as expected. The only clarification is that it puts down its circle halfway between you and the end of your Blockade of Storms.

The tool tip is 2895 hp / sec so that is pretty good. Some of the possibilities are pretty neat. Shards with healz, Illustrious Healing on steroids (6k hp/sec), etc. Once it procs, no surprise that it won't proc again until the first proc runs its 10 second course.

Farming the set in Skyrim seems fairly easy and the pieces are cheap to buy from the guild traders.

Cool, it centers on shards, a throwable heal :)

20200621010805-1.jpg