The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Magsorc build help. No cp

Mortiis13
Mortiis13
✭✭✭✭
Atm making a new magsorc. Leveling in cyro.

Petsorc without streak (lvl 32)
5l/2h
5x shackle breaker
5x julianus
2xpotentat
Sugarskull buffood

~40k mag/25khealth/19k stam
~3.4k spelldmg buffed
~1400 mag/800stam/1000health reg
(im OK to sustain with dark deal and heavy attacks)
~20k resistance buffed

Works like intended, but it's under 50 pvp :wink:

Unsure about which sets to use when I reach 50.
In bg I think I will stay with a pet, in cyro I drop it for streak and a hot or so.

#setup 1

Race breton.

5l 1m 1h
5 xbright throat
Backbar armor master
Frontbar willpower fire staff
(till I get asylum staff)
Spring loaded infusion buffood

What offensive monster set would be a good addition?

#Second set up

Race breton
5l 1m 1h

-5x bright throat
-5x crafty alfiq frontbar
-Potentates backbar
Spring-loaded infusion as buffood

What defensive monster set would work here?

Or do you have another gear setup that works better on magsorc in no cp? Would like to know.

Thank you for your time.
Edited by Mortiis13 on May 23, 2020 8:08AM

Best Answers

• Anyron
    Anyron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    erio wrote: »

Over half the EP in the video are under 100 cp LMFAO

Its no-Cp
    "LMFAO"
    Answer ✓
  • OBJnoob
    OBJnoob
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ah jeez dude you know what you're talking about there's no reason for me to try and give you advice. I reckon I'm about the same skill level as you and... you've done more experimenting than me. I'm totally gonna rip your ancient grace necro and engine guardian build off. I think I have a friend that runs that... I just never really put it together (cuz it is a rather confusing build afterall,) until I just now saw it in writing.

Bright Throat and Necro is more MY style for a magsorc. Might be a little outdated. Might be a little unspecial. But it still works. And yes, you enjoy running in circles around that pet just as much as you want. I don't like pets much but, to me, you're allowed 1 pet and the Atro. Anything more than that and you're a zoo sorc and personally I can't stand it.

What else what else... Malacath. I've done a little experimenting with it and I don't like it that much. If you're wearing 5 Light and/or slotting Inner Light then your crit rating is way too high to want to wear Malacath. And if you're wearing Necro/Ancient/BTB or anything like that then there's a good chance you are running inner light.

I hear Malacath is best on DoT builds and/or proc set users. Makes sense. And my own conclusion is that it's probably best to use it with a very low crit chance... aka heavy armor. I would not use it on magsorc personally. If you want to try something besides Wild Hunt definitely try the Torc of Conal Constancy or whatever it's called. Dark Deal. Think about it. ;)
    Answer ✓
  • Aces-High-82
    Aces-High-82
    ✭✭✭
    5x Seducer Heavy, Malacat, Alfiq, 1x Domi
    Answer ✓
  • Mortiis13
    Mortiis13
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ignore
    Edited by Mortiis13 on June 20, 2020 4:04PM
    Answer ✓
  • katorga
    katorga
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Malacath is not bad on Sorc, just drop Surge. Or since heals can still crit, use the other morph. It works well with a heavy armor build - seducer, eternal vigor, turog's pact.
    Answer ✓
  • Lattengrabscher
    Lattengrabscher
    ✭✭✭
    Proud Member of Triggered Tryhards
    DC - Totally not Latte
    DC - Der Böse Hase
    EP - ViperSeducer Metaslave
    EP - Blaubeere
    DC - Der kleine Hase
    AD - Salt Assault

Youtube channel : https://youtube.com/channel/UCSZHzf3v1V9m6-xpn_7a_bw
  • Mortiis13
    Mortiis13
    ✭✭✭✭

Bin über das Viper Set erstaunt. Aber anscheinend funktioniert selbst ein build fernab jeder meta :D
  • erio
    erio
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Over half the EP in the video are under 100 cp LMFAO
  • Lattengrabscher
    Lattengrabscher
    ✭✭✭
    yeah i couldnt afford to hire 810cp Players. Actors for Videos are expensive These days.
    Proud Member of Triggered Tryhards
    DC - Totally not Latte
    DC - Der Böse Hase
    EP - ViperSeducer Metaslave
    EP - Blaubeere
    DC - Der kleine Hase
    AD - Salt Assault

Youtube channel : https://youtube.com/channel/UCSZHzf3v1V9m6-xpn_7a_bw
  • paydros
    paydros
    Soul Shriven
    if you're under cp 160 don't worry about your build. Spend the time learning your character so when you hit CP160 you're ready for the good stuff.
  • OBJnoob
    OBJnoob
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I feel like OP is not new he just made a new character. I'm assuming that once he hits level 50 BAM he also hits CP160 and he just wants to know what gear to wear.

Since BGs are still solo que and there's really no telling what your team is going to be like... and lets assume OP is an average or better player... I wouldn't even worry much about what you do here. You sound like you know the ins and outs... I'm sure you'll end up with LOTS of kills. And hopefully not many deaths. EZ. Magsorc.

For cyrodil I worry about ya, OP. You're gonna take your pet off? And you prefer not to shield stack cuz it costs too much and you try to sustain with dark deal and heavy attacks? I think you're gonna find yourself streaking more than fighting.

Of course you are talking about wearing armor master so maybe you're just gonna be a lot tougher than my magsorcs ever were. Do you backbar resto, by chance? That would be important to know.

I think, whatever gear set you choose, you're going to want a reliable heal. And by that I mean your pet. Or you're going to want to start shield stacking. Not both. But one. And your choice.
  • Mortiis13
    Mortiis13
    ✭✭✭✭
    OBJnoob wrote: »
    I feel like OP is not new he just made a new character. I'm assuming that once he hits level 50 BAM he also hits CP160 and he just wants to know what gear to wear.

Since BGs are still solo que and there's really no telling what your team is going to be like... and lets assume OP is an average or better player... I wouldn't even worry much about what you do here. You sound like you know the ins and outs... I'm sure you'll end up with LOTS of kills. And hopefully not many deaths. EZ. Magsorc.

For cyrodil I worry about ya, OP. You're gonna take your pet off? And you prefer not to shield stack cuz it costs too much and you try to sustain with dark deal and heavy attacks? I think you're gonna find yourself streaking more than fighting.

Of course you are talking about wearing armor master so maybe you're just gonna be a lot tougher than my magsorcs ever were. Do you backbar resto, by chance? That would be important to know.

I think, whatever gear set you choose, you're going to want a reliable heal. And by that I mean your pet. Or you're going to want to start shield stacking. Not both. But one. And your choice.

First thx for the first constructive answer.
    Tested now some builds/skillcombo.

[edited for better reading]
    I played a lot classes but I stick to stamina : necro/warden and magicka: dk/nb/sorc
    I would rate my skill level above average but still learning.

As armor master backbar works nice, u get rly tanky even with smaller shields, I had trouble to kill or to sustain(as u mentioned) decided by which monsterset /mythic /enchants I wore.
    I used rapid reg to heal but after the 50. time it healed the full hp tank instead of me I raged quit it.
    I use this setup only for dueling now.

So I give pet heal a try and atm im running in bg

5l/2h

2 willpower - firestaff infused with shock or ice glyph(frontbar) 2
    2 potentat - ice staff (backbar)
    3 ancient
    5 necropotence
    2 engine guardian
    Sugar skull buffood.

It's a bit rng but I had some rly nice 1 vs x moments with it, since I learned to Los with my pet a lot. It's nice to have a mobile tree with u :-D

In cyro I like to run.

6l/1h

5 brightthroat
    5 necropotence (or alfiq without pet)
    1 Max mag/stam Monster
    1 wild hunt
    Infused whatever drink (3 Stat drink) ^^

Now I want to test malacaths on magsorc for BGS instead of wild hunt.

Is it worth?

It makes my grothdar/elfbane magdk an aoe stand your ground monster ^^
    Edited by Mortiis13 on June 18, 2020 5:54PM
  • Mortiis13
    Mortiis13
    ✭✭✭✭
    katorga wrote: »
    Malacath is not bad on Sorc, just drop Surge. Or since heals can still crit, use the other morph. It works well with a heavy armor build - seducer, eternal vigor, turog's pact.

2 sustain sets? Race is breton maybe I can switch seduce for alfiq or necropotence?

Heard seducer and breton don't synergies well together.
    Edited by Mortiis13 on June 20, 2020 4:02PM