The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Display Cases?

Aelthwyn
Aelthwyn
✭✭✭✭
I was thinking as I look at all these "treasures" that say "sell to a merchant for gold" (obtained from thieving and now antiquities), some of them sound quite interesting. So I was imagining a new kind of furniture piece that would act as a container but which would display the things you put in it, perhaps specifically just for these 'treasures'. I can imagine there are people who would try to collect one of each of all the treasures, or save a few that go well with their character.

Along with this, I was thinking from a role-play point of view, it would be nice to have another tab in my inventory for 'personal items' and then the ability to mark things as such. Perhaps this is in the realm of addons, I don't know, but despite inventory issues I think some people, like myself, still carry around a few sentimental items that sort of add to the feel of the character, such as quest rewards given by favorite NPCs or certain treasures that just seem like something this character would carry - like an Ayleid Alphabet Pocket Translations, or a Bone-handled Grooming kit, or a Basalt Table-game set.
  • bluebird
    bluebird
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The problem with the Treasures is that they have no ingame model. They are looted from containers, then sold to fences, but there is no actual item for them; just an inventory entry and some lore text.

There are tons of 'treasures' that sound awesome - not just artworks and valuables, but many toys, tools and nick-knacks that would liven up houses, rather than the limited variety of 'filler' items we have now. But it would take an eternity to add them as usable/displayable furnishings, they would have to create a model from scratch for them.

I'd rather they focused on converting the highly-requested hundreds of already existing ingame assets into furniture, rather than trying to come up with new models for the Stealing treasures. The Antiquities system added many furnishings that could be considered 'treasures' by the way, and are display-worthy in your adventurers' homes! :smile: Alternatively, you can use the Storage Chests in your house to store laundered Treasures and you can open and read them, if you're only keeping them for sentimental/lore reasons.
  • Aelthwyn
    Aelthwyn
    ✭✭✭✭
    bluebird wrote: »
    The problem with the Treasures is that they have no ingame model. They are looted from containers, then sold to fences, but there is no actual item for them; just an inventory entry and some lore text.

There are tons of 'treasures' that sound awesome - not just artworks and valuables, but many toys, tools and nick-knacks that would liven up houses, rather than the limited variety of 'filler' items we have now. But it would take an eternity to add them as usable/displayable furnishings, they would have to create a model from scratch for them.

I'd rather they focused on converting the highly-requested hundreds of already existing ingame assets into furniture, rather than trying to come up with new models for the Stealing treasures. The Antiquities system added many furnishings that could be considered 'treasures' by the way, and are display-worthy in your adventurers' homes! :smile: Alternatively, you can use the Storage Chests in your house to store laundered Treasures and you can open and read them, if you're only keeping them for sentimental/lore reasons.

Right, I know it would require them making some kind of model for them. I don't know if it would be easier if said model was made to only appear inside a display case, meaning it wouldn't need to be able to be moved or viewed from every angle as the actual furnishings are.
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I would also like to see some of the treasures made into furnishings.

There are not enough knick knacks and ornaments, in general and some of the treasures would be ideal additions.

There are, of course, the Alinor display cases for existing furnishing items, though.
  • VDoom1
    VDoom1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yup I agree.

When getting some of the purple treasure items from antiquities I was all "huh that would be an awesome furniture knick-knack" just a nice decorative item. But it's treasure, can only sell it. Sure gold, txs. But I'd rather have placed it in my house.
    We Fight For Cyrodiil.
    We fight for The Daggerfall Covenant.
    We fight for The Aldmeri Dominion.
    We fight for The Ebonheart Pact.
    We fight for Tamriel!
    CP 1200+
    Grand Master Crafter | Tamriel Hero
    Imperial Dragonknight
    Khajiit Necromancer
    Altmer Templar | Dunmer Nightblade
    Khajiit Nightblade | Argonian Dragonknight
    Altmer Sorcerer | Breton Nightblade