The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

How do you guys deal with multiple pets (engine guardian, maw of the infernal, matriarchs etc)

Mavi
Mavi
✭✭
I know there's a lot of complaints about pets, but I wanna know how do you guys deal with it, I mean, me and a buddy jumped to fight a magsorc (with Matriarch and Engine Guardian), we simple melted because I couldn't land a fossilize and my leap went directly into that robot thing.

Best Answers

• tsaescishoeshiner
    tsaescishoeshiner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It's so painful having a pet eat up a Grim Focus proc or Soul Harvest >_> I cry, and then L2P

I usually deal with it by moving around the shepherd in circle to get a clearer angle. And tab targeting, of course. Playing melee or midrange helps, since their character is bigger on your screen.
    DTAmoral wrote: »
    Imagine running around and seeing this:

Heavy Armor Petsorc:
    Twilight, Scamp, Engine Guardian

Then later in Rifton you see the same scum, but now hes got
    A non combat pet, and a banker following him around

You could just have a 1 man army. lol

Now imagine 20 of those..

Can't have a banker and a non-combat out at the same time. Ezabi has pet allergies.
    PC-NA
    in-game: @tsaescishoeshiner
    Answer ✓
  • tsaescishoeshiner
    tsaescishoeshiner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Mavi wrote: »
    It's so painful having a pet eat up a Grim Focus proc or Soul Harvest >_> I cry, and then L2P

I usually deal with it by moving around the shepherd in circle to get a clearer angle. And tab targeting, of course. Playing melee or midrange helps, since their character is bigger on your screen.

Heavy Armor Petsorc:

Can't have a banker and a non-combat out at the same time. Ezabi has pet allergies.

I never used tab targeting, is it reliable?

I believe it assists in aiming from a mechanical standpoint. I know for sure this happens in PvE, but for PvP I'm only like 70% sure. Like it feels like it gives the target more priority than other targets that are more in the center of your screen. I use it constantly.

What it DOES do is give you a persistent white outline of your target, which helps you mentally focus on them. You can see where they are as long as they're in range and don't go invisible — you can even see them behind walls or in buildings.

It's GREAT when you want to get that revenge kill, because it persists even if you die. Hone in on your prey and let the salt pour ...
    PC-NA
    in-game: @tsaescishoeshiner
    Answer ✓
  • Akinos
    Akinos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I usually just try to avoid fighting sorcs with multiple pets and EG, it's an actual waste of time and potions to fight against.
    PC NA | @AkinosPvP 1vX/Small Scaler, Raid Leader, Youtuber and Twitch.tv Streamer.MAGICKA MELEE IS LIFE!Magplar, MagDK, Magden, Magblade, Magsorc & Magcro PvP/Build videos & moretwitch.tv/akinospvp
  • OBJnoob
    OBJnoob
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I also try to avoid those 1v1s. I wish they would make pets untargetable. But until then... root and CC the pets. Seems like a waste of resources maybe but if you can isolate the sorc he's probably pretty squishy and handicapped due to lack of bar space.

A good sorc will try to stand in his pets for sure but if he happens to streak... CC the pets before they can follow and then gap close. Or even if he's in his pets if he happens to be in a spot where you are hitting him CC the pets. Pets don't break free. They eat the entire duration of the stun.
  • DTAmoral
    DTAmoral
    ✭✭✭✭

Heavy Armor Petsorc:

Xbox NA - EP
    Team Rocket's Finest Support
    We are recruiting! Use below link for recruitment!
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/577520/team-rocket-ebonheart-pvp-guild#latest
  • Anyron
    Anyron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Design of sorcerer pets is bad, unreliable and most of times painful even for sorcerer player.. But its sometimes needed because sorcerer lacks proper burst heal and you cannot shield everything since shieldstacking is no-go way because of huge cost ...
    Pets need rework
  • NinchiTV
    NinchiTV
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ignore pets and cc / burst the sorc. Easier said then done, sorcs dont like pressure so tab target and get in their face. Rules still apply to range builds. Killing the pet is useless since they will streak and re summon. Also if you see them roll dodge cc then and burn their stam.
  • Mavi
    Mavi
    ✭✭

Heavy Armor Petsorc:

I never used tab targeting, is it reliable?
  • Wing
    Wing
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i walk away.

you already sign your pride away when you roll something like a magsorc in pvp

running pets / engine guardian even after that?

why even play? there is nothing you can do to come back from that, you could 1vX the entire server at once and nobody would care, they would just call you a noob and move on.

because your a noob, with no pride.
    ESO player since beta.
    full time subscriber.
    PC NA
    ( ^_^ )

You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods -Xenogears
    DK one trick
  • katorga
    katorga
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Wing wrote: »
    i walk away.

why even play? there is nothing you can do to come back from that, you could 1vX the entire server at once and nobody would care, they would just call you a noob and move on.

Funny I say the same same about stamina builds. Easy mode. Everyone should be forced to be a magicka NB "for balance".

• Wing
    Wing
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    katorga wrote: »
    i walk away.

Funny I say the same same about stamina builds. Easy mode. Everyone should be forced to be a magicka NB "for balance".

nobody would fight anyone anywhere

they would cloak away at the first sign of trouble
    ESO player since beta.
    full time subscriber.
    PC NA
    ( ^_^ )

You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods -Xenogears
    DK one trick
  • DTAmoral
    DTAmoral
    ✭✭✭✭
    katorga wrote: »
    i walk away.

nobody would fight anyone anywhere

they would cloak away at the first sign of trouble

THIS
    Xbox NA - EP
    Team Rocket's Finest Support
    We are recruiting! Use below link for recruitment!
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/577520/team-rocket-ebonheart-pvp-guild#latest
  • NinjaMyk
    NinjaMyk
    ✭✭✭
    OBJnoob wrote: »
    I also try to avoid those 1v1s. I wish they would make pets untargetable. But until then... root and CC the pets. Seems like a waste of resources maybe but if you can isolate the sorc he's probably pretty squishy and handicapped due to lack of bar space.

A good sorc will try to stand in his pets for sure but if he happens to streak... CC the pets before they can follow and then gap close. Or even if he's in his pets if he happens to be in a spot where you are hitting him CC the pets. Pets don't break free. They eat the entire duration of the stun.

Sellestrix nowadays is very useful for this. Aoe stun on the little cluster and the pets don’t cc break... the sorc often moves away from his heard then
  • OBJnoob
    OBJnoob
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yea there's probably more than one answer and it definitely depends on what the magsorc does when you try x, y, or z. I like my answer... but the guy that said "just tab target and burn them down" makes me wanna try it. I never tab target. I hear you can tab target on console by clicking the right stick, is that right?

I have so many questions about this. If the sorc is behind his pet and I have him tab targeted... then I hit the sorc? Will my abilities connect (within reason,) even if I'm not aiming at him with my crosshair (but at least am facing that direction?)

Do you click the analog again to untarget? Do you HAVE to untarget before you can hit anyone else?
  • erio
    erio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mavi wrote: »
    I know there's a lot of complaints about pets, but I wanna know how do you guys deal with it, I mean, me and a buddy jumped to fight a magsorc (with Matriarch and Engine Guardian), we simple melted because I couldn't land a fossilize and my leap went directly into that robot thing.

Miss my combo and just give up
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    tabb targetting does not work
    the only thing tab targetting does is highlight your enemy,
    it does not make your damage go to that enemy, it only highlights them.
    when you tabb target a sorcerer all your damage will still go to thier pets only, none of your damage will touch nor hit the sorcerer, it will only kill their pets, and they instantly respawn the pets if you kill the pets.

Edited by Gilvoth on June 18, 2020 10:34PM
  • OBJnoob
    OBJnoob
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ah, thanks for the quick answer then. Well personally my problem isn’t keeping an eye on them it’s just actually landing blows on them. So ima stick with “cc the pets”

They can’t break free. It turns a “not in your favor” funny moment into something you can laugh even harder at. Of course not everybody has aoe roots and stuns so... not sure what to say then.
  • raistin87
    raistin87
    ✭✭✭
    Simple: with matriarch and daedroth of your own :smile:
  • katorga
    katorga
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    OBJnoob wrote: »
    Ah, thanks for the quick answer then. Well personally my problem isn’t keeping an eye on them it’s just actually landing blows on them. So ima stick with “cc the pets”

They can’t break free. It turns a “not in your favor” funny moment into something you can laugh even harder at. Of course not everybody has aoe roots and stuns so... not sure what to say then.

This gets the cookie. CC the pets. Remember the stupid pets get in the the sorc's way too. The odd part about pets are, that at release no serious player used them in pvp. Body blocking with pets obviously existed back then, but was not enough of an advantage to justify the bar space.

Mag sorcs are good, but imo, matched or outclassed by every single stamina build.