The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Official Discussion Thread for "Explore Skyrim & Tamriel with Stadia"

ZOS_SarahHecker
ZOS_SarahHecker
✭✭✭✭✭
2kml45ipcpv4.png

This is the official discussion thread for the "Explore Skyrim & Tamriel with Stadia" blog article.

Discover Western Skyrim across different screens with The Elder Scrolls Online and the Greymoor Chapter coming to Stadia June 16.
*AVAILABLE ONLY IN LIMITED TERRITORIES
Staff Post
  • Langdon64
    Langdon64
    ✭✭✭✭
    Will it play my Steam ESO account?
    Nvm. Just read that it will. Duh.
    Edited by Langdon64 on May 28, 2020 6:41PM
  • BoloBoffin
    BoloBoffin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To be able to use Stadia for ESO, you have to have the Stadia Pro sub or have bought at least the base game through their store. But I hear this article saying you will be able to pick up any progress from playing the game previously. So that sounds to me like I then gain access to my existing PC account - and there I have access to all chapters by previous purchase, plus all other DLC with my current ESO+ sub.

So does that mean that I don't have to buy further DLC on Stadia to go there on Stadia? Base game or Stadia Pro is all we need to buy there?
    I ride in a zerg ball of one.
  • BenevolentBowd
    BenevolentBowd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BoloBoffin wrote: »
    To be able to use Stadia for ESO, you have to have the Stadia Pro sub or have bought at least the base game through their store. But I hear this article saying you will be able to pick up any progress from playing the game previously. So that sounds to me like I then gain access to my existing PC account - and there I have access to all chapters by previous purchase, plus all other DLC with my current ESO+ sub.

So does that mean that I don't have to buy further DLC on Stadia to go there on Stadia? Base game or Stadia Pro is all we need to buy there?

I noticed in the account section of the website that there is support for Stadia logins. I suspect you will be able to link your existing account to Stadia.
    Megaservers: PC NA / EU (sometimes) Xbox NA (sometimes)
    Luxury Furniture Gallery [PC/NA]: Moon-Sugar Meadow
    Website:BenevolentBowd.ca, "Sharing My Notes With the World to Help Others"
    Charity:#GivingTheNewMeta
    ESO Calendarmancer: http://benevolentbowd.ca/calendar (10+ timezones to choose from)
    YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/BenevolentBowd
    #TeamStackableTreasureMaps
  • BenevolentBowd
    BenevolentBowd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm curious about add-on support? @ZOS_SarahHecker @ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Megaservers: PC NA / EU (sometimes) Xbox NA (sometimes)
    Luxury Furniture Gallery [PC/NA]: Moon-Sugar Meadow
    Website:BenevolentBowd.ca, "Sharing My Notes With the World to Help Others"
    Charity:#GivingTheNewMeta
    ESO Calendarmancer: http://benevolentbowd.ca/calendar (10+ timezones to choose from)
    YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/BenevolentBowd
    #TeamStackableTreasureMaps
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Has Stadia announced addon (LUA) type support for any other games?
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • JasonSilverSpring
    JasonSilverSpring
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BoloBoffin wrote: »

I noticed in the account section of the website that there is support for Stadia logins. I suspect you will be able to link your existing account to Stadia.

Yes, I just tried and I was able to link my Stadia account to my account. It will be interesting to see how they handle existing accounts. I already own all the chapters so I would think they would give me access to all the content. Otherwise, how would it work if a character on PC has access to content (such as classes and skill lines) that are locked behind a chapter if one does not own that chapter on Stadia.

Looks like we may have to wait to June 16 to find out.
  • JasonSilverSpring
    JasonSilverSpring
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Elsonso wrote: »

I am pretty certain there will be no addon support since with Stadia you just launch straight into a game. They would have to develop some interface to activate addons and I highly doubt that would work. No game on Stadia so far has third party addon support.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Elsonso wrote: »

I am pretty certain there will be no addon support since with Stadia you just launch straight into a game. They would have to develop some interface to activate addons and I highly doubt that would work. No game on Stadia so far has third party addon support.

That is my expectation, as well. No disrespect for the console players among us, but with ESO, there is a world of difference with addons. In some ways, one could consider Stadia to be a "trial" of the full PC game. :smile:
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Genesis_Omega
    Genesis_Omega
    Soul Shriven
    Will I be able to keep all the progress I made on my Xbox One account?
  • JasonSilverSpring
    JasonSilverSpring
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Sorry, no. It only links with PC servers. You would have to start fresh.
  • McGordon
    McGordon
    ✭✭✭
    Event?
  • quantumartist
    quantumartist
    ✭✭
    "Thanks to Stadia’s PC crossplay and cross-progression support, you can pick up and continue your adventures if you previously played ESO on PC/Mac or Steam, meaning you won’t lose any progression..."

Unless you've been an Xbox player up to now, in which case, screw off!
  • quantumartist
    quantumartist
    ✭✭

Sorry, no. It only links with PC servers. You would have to start fresh.

Which is absolute crap.