Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Returning player, need help with DLC/Expansion purchase.

gane1404
gane1404
Soul Shriven
Hello! I've found topics with similiar questions but answers there are not quite full, so i'd like to clear something up. Basically as said in title, i'm a returning player and according to account info i currently own only Elder scrolls online: Tamriel unlimited.

Now, as far as i know ESO+ will allow me to play every dlc and expansion except greymoor and also won't give me access to classes. In the store i have an option to buy greymoor upgrade or standard edition that will also include previous chapters. To the question: do i understand it right, if i want to experience everything that game has to offer - i can either buy greymoor upgrade, subscribe to ESO+ and buy out all classes with crowns or just purchase standard edition and then only use eso+ to access smaller dlc content?

I'm sorry if my question sounds confusing, it's just expansion system of ESO is confusing itself. Honestly, i just want to jump into the game ASAP and play necromancer and do it as cheap as possible (while getting to experience everything later) and deliberating whether i just buy necro with crowns that i already have on me and play base game first or just get access to everything at once via 2 methods described above.
Edited by gane1404 on June 18, 2020 1:10AM
  • Cauw
    Cauw
    Soul Shriven
    You want to play necromancer as cheap as possible? Then simply buy the class for 1,500 crowns. Only get eso+ if you want the infinite mats backpack, or in your case, smaller dlc. Personally I don't like greymoor, but if you want to buy it just get the standard upgrade for the content. Collector's upgrade only gives you very mediocre emotes and a mount which imo isnt worth the amount of money they ask
  • gane1404
    gane1404
    Soul Shriven
    Cauw wrote: »
    You want to play necromancer as cheap as possible? Then simply buy the class for 1,500 crowns. Only get eso+ if you want the infinite mats backpack, or in your case, smaller dlc. Personally I don't like greymoor, but if you want to buy it just get the standard upgrade for the content. Collector's upgrade only gives you very mediocre emotes and a mount which imo isnt worth the amount of money they ask

Yes, i want to jump into the game as necromancer but i also want to get to play all other content game has to offer eventually and i don't want to pay more than necessary. Like, i still don't understand one thing - if i buy standard edition, will i also get access to new classes besides chapters themselves or i can currently get new classes *only* via crowns?
  • ZOS_Chiroptera
    ZOS_Chiroptera
    ✭✭✭
    Hey @gane1404, the Standard Edition of Greymoor grants you access to all chapters, Morrowind, Summerset, Elsweyr, and Greymoor, as well as access to the Warden and Necromancer classes.

With ESO+ you will have access to all DLC with the exception of Greymoor and would have to purchase the Warden and Necromancer classes separately.

Hope this helps!
    The Elder Scrolls Online - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • gane1404
    gane1404
    Soul Shriven
    Hey @gane1404, the Standard Edition of Greymoor grants you access to all chapters, Morrowind, Summerset, Elsweyr, and Greymoor, as well as access to the Warden and Necromancer classes.

With ESO+ you will have access to all DLC with the exception of Greymoor and would have to purchase the Warden and Necromancer classes separately.

Hope this helps!

Yes that's what i was looking for! Then my understanding of how content works here was correct. Thank you!