The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Stamina Nightblade "Iron Cannon" PvP Build + 1vX/2vX Video - Max Possible Damage Build (Dragonhold)

• susmitds
    susmitds
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Mariusghost84
    susmitds wrote: »
    Basic Combo without Ultimate - Heavy Attack+Poison Injection->LA+Magnum Shot->LA+Silver Shard spam->Bow proc when available. I am surprised at the number of people that die to this.

• LittlePinkDot
    LittlePinkDot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Oldaraness The tooltips are at maximum Balorgh proc with all self-buffs, including Minor Berserk, Minor Brutality, Continious Attack. The buffs line perfectly for a few seconds, enough to burst down someone but it can be hard to see in the skills windows in the due time and certain buffs don't show in the in-game tooltips like Master Bow.
    It is easier to check in the Build Editor, https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Special:EsoBuildEditor?id=172875

However, for Ballista, the build editor considers it DoT while it is Direct Damage in-game and hence affect by Direct Damage CP. So, for that I had to do it the hard way with a friend in another alliance in PTS Cyrodiil to check out the damage tooltip.

Where are you getting minor berserk from? Relentless focus is nerfed into the ground. I dont even waste a bar slot for it anymore.
  • susmitds
    susmitds
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @nublife01 I don't why you think it is an AoE-gank build, while there are twice the number of single-target kills in the vid. As far killing noobs, a good deal of the people in the vid are streamers.

Check this part: Cyrodiil Resource Solo vs Small Scale groups - 26:49
    Half of the players are well-known PvPers.
    As for "surely dying" against a group of good players, 24:15. That was against Dottzgaming's guild on stream, where I got attacked by the entire group, survived and killed off both his group healers. And I dunno where you got the idea a NMA/Fury stamDK can outheal my damage, while an actual heavy armor magplar healer with Earthgore spamming Breath of Life died in seconds, even after Earthgore procced.

If you still have doubts, there are several actual Heavy armor Fury DKs, Stamdens, Shield-stacking magsorc with SnB and tons of heavy armor magplars in the clips, all of which melted in seconds. For your DK example, 29:05, heavy armor Fury DK with S&B, died in 2 seconds while Major Mending, Vigor was active. And before you call the player a noob, I would let you know he is a well-known PvPer, especially for his stamplar with several 1vX montages of his own.

And yes, I disagree that that stamblade is weak but that is only due to Cloak and Shadow Image. That being said, some other NB class skills are hilariously bad to the point, using guild, weapon skills yield better results.
    Edited by susmitds on January 12, 2020 10:48AM
  • Oldaraness
    Oldaraness
    ✭✭
    @Oldaraness The tooltips are at maximum Balorgh proc with all self-buffs, including Minor Berserk, Minor Brutality, Continious Attack. The buffs line perfectly for a few seconds, enough to burst down someone but it can be hard to see in the skills windows in the due time and certain buffs don't show in the in-game tooltips like Master Bow.
    It is easier to check in the Build Editor, https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Special:EsoBuildEditor?id=172875

However, for Ballista, the build editor considers it DoT while it is Direct Damage in-game and hence affect by Direct Damage CP. So, for that I had to do it the hard way with a friend in another alliance in PTS Cyrodiil to check out the damage tooltip.

Thanks @susmitds I'll check link and thanks for explanation :)
  • Raudgrani
    Raudgrani
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @nublife01 I don't why you think it is an AoE-gank build, while there are twice the number of single-target kills in the vid. As far killing noobs, a good deal of the people in the vid are streamers.

As for "surely dying" against a group of good players, 24:15. That was against Dottzgaming's guild on stream, where I got attacked by the entire group, survived and killed off both his group healers. And I dunno where you got the idea a NMA/Fury stamDK can outheal my damage, while an actual heavy armor magplar healer with Earthgore spamming Breath of Life died in seconds, even after Earthgore procced.

If you still have doubts, there are several actual Heavy armor Fury DKs, Stamdens, Shield-stacking magsorc with SnB and tons of heavy armor magplars in the clips, all of which melted in seconds. For your DK example, 29:05, heavy armor Fury DK with S&B, died in 2 seconds while Major Mending, Vigor was active. And before you call the player a noob, I would let you know he is a well-known PvPer, especially for his stamplar with several 1vX montages of his own.

And yes, I disagree that that stamblade is weak but that is only due to Cloak and Shadow Image. That being said, some other NB class skills are hilariously bad to the point, using guild, weapon skills yield better results.

Never take people putting your work down seriously. In ESO in particular, it's like nothing you do is "gud", you're always a "noob" only killing even worse "noobs". I'm a scrub to many people, and it doesn't matter if I take out 4 supposedly good players in one go (farming group), it was only luck, or I was using a cheese build, or they were not paying attention because I suck - or just about anything, except admitting I bested them on fair terms. As a general rule, when they start teabagging you, zerg you on sight, or send someone to slander you in alliance chat, you know what they really think. :smiley:
  • Nemeliom
    Nemeliom
    ✭✭✭✭
    @susmitds thank you for making me believe in Stam nb again.
    Being trying the build with some twitches and it's working wonders. You are the best 👍👍
    Baradur Morker - Level 50 Bosmer Nightblade
    Le-Duck - Level 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight
    Boom-Stormer - Level 50 High Elf Sorcerer
    Nemeliom the Great - Level 50 Redguard Warden
    Crazy Little Maggie - Level 50 High Elf Templar
  • ThePhantomThorn
    ThePhantomThorn
    ✭✭✭✭
    nublife01 wrote: »
    Nyladreas wrote: »
    @susmitds dude you're clipping yourself killing noobs with an aoe gank build meant for just them. Like your clips prove very little. If you actually 1vx'd good players you'd surely die or at least come nowhere close to killing them and your build doesn't do enough damage to kill through the healing of a heavy fury/nma dk or anything like it for that matter. But knowing zos they're probably going to think that nightblade is still broken or something and just nerf us harder. You clearly must be a brilliant individual goodjob.

@nublife01 Do you have an example of a good NB build that can kill fury/nma dks?

Best bet is spriggan/nma/bloodspawn or balorgh but as of right now stamblade is too gimped to kill a good fury/nma build. Magblade is actually fine it just takes a lot of skill to play. Most magblades are just noobs. But stamblade needs some buffs or fury needs a fat nerf.

Are we talking CP or no CP here? I have 0 troubles with that generic DK build on my stamblade. Then again I'm using a completely different setup than most stamblade out there.

Do try a melee DW crit based magblade with heavy proc. It shreds people to bits and nearly nobody expects it. You won't believe it until you see it. :)

Besides, it plays identical to stamblade, xcept you have a backbar staff.

Oh I believe it magblade is strong right now. Just a lot of noobs don't know how to play it. I much prefer stamblade right now even though its grossly underpowered.

just because zdan is insane doesnt mean magblade is fine.

honestly its like you have never played it. oh wait.
  • nublife01
    nublife01
    ✭✭✭✭

Yea our class is broken. Zos broke our class because of all of the nooby players qq'ing on the forums from being obliterated by a build like yours featured in this because they don't know how to play the game. That's why my comments have been a bit toxic (sorry). People running potato smasher nightblade builds have essentially over time indirectly destroyed our class into the half broken state it currently is in. And um dottz gaming is very hot garbage like watch his build videos.

Anyways, I frankly don't care who they are. Names =/= good gameplay. When I see nobody in the videos trying to mitigate at least some of your ballista damage rather just trying to run from it which does nothing, or not a single instinctive dodge roll/block on your spectral bow casts, no instant breakfree's from your dawnbreakers... like should I continue? It's an awesome potato smasher I will certainly give you that. Most potatoes adopting this current patches meta think they don't need to keep hots up or mitigate any damage other than just pressing their heal buttons due to how broken some classes/specs healing is right now.

I'm saying this for two reasons really.

First, unless you catch them at half health, any good dk templar sorc or necro for that matter that has their hots up constantly, presses their block/dodge roll button during your ballista/spectral bow, and burst heals up through your lack of an equipped execute skill is going to mitigate that burst damage and survive it and be at full health soon. Every good player knows to do this. Against some good players I literally have to cloakweave my onslaughts and spectral bows sometimes just to prevent them from being mitigated.

And second, you cannot pressure anything to half health to actually kill with some enemy mitigation granted you have 0 pressure when this burst window is not up and your survivability in fight is very reduced due to not having shadow barrier without cloak spam rather relying on increased speed from accelerate or vamp to kite which also means you can't weave in light attacks with your pressure. Your only burst heal is rally as you're most likely going to be out of range for spectral bow heal. Because of this lack of survivablity regenerating your ballista ulti is going to be a rough experience (correct me if I'm wrong I don't think I saw a clip where you had to cast more than one in one fight). Basically, if anyone mitigates your burst with hots and block/dodge roll buttons during your ulti, heals up afterwards with the insane healing this patch, and pops a detect pot like you're either dead or running.

Lets take that dk for example. If that dk chose to press block and or dodge roll during your ballista and healed to full after instead of instinctively derp dragon leaping like most potatoes do, he could have saved leap for after your burst window popped a detect pot and you'd be forced to shadow image away or dead thanks to op derp dragon leap. The stamsorc just sort of half ran away too. Like sure the other dk in cyro you showed pre-vigor'd but afterwards he literally just ran in and just headbutted your ballista. When that ulti is casted on me I'm not trying to dps through that I'm LOS'ing blocking and dodge rolling/vigor casting so that I can kill you after. You can claim they're good players whatever but those clips were like a meme. So yea like I said, great potato smasher.
    Edited by nublife01 on January 15, 2020 3:15PM
  • nublife01
    nublife01
    ✭✭✭✭
    @susmitds dude you're clipping yourself killing noobs with an aoe gank build meant for just them. Like your clips prove very little. If you actually 1vx'd good players you'd surely die or at least come nowhere close to killing them and your build doesn't do enough damage to kill through the healing of a heavy fury/nma dk or anything like it for that matter. But knowing zos they're probably going to think that nightblade is still broken or something and just nerf us harder. You clearly must be a brilliant individual goodjob.

@nublife01 Do you have an example of a good NB build that can kill fury/nma dks?

Best bet is spriggan/nma/bloodspawn or balorgh but as of right now stamblade is too gimped to kill a good fury/nma build. Magblade is actually fine it just takes a lot of skill to play. Most magblades are just noobs. But stamblade needs some buffs or fury needs a fat nerf.

Are we talking CP or no CP here? I have 0 troubles with that generic DK build on my stamblade. Then again I'm using a completely different setup than most stamblade out there.

Do try a melee DW crit based magblade with heavy proc. It shreds people to bits and nearly nobody expects it. You won't believe it until you see it. :)

Oh I believe it magblade is strong right now. Just a lot of noobs don't know how to play it. I much prefer stamblade right now even though its grossly underpowered.

just because zdan is insane doesnt mean magblade is fine.

honestly its like you have never played it. oh wait.

I haven't played it but I have been utterly destroyed by good magblades more so than any other class in the game right now and know good magblades. A good magblade lives through just about anything and has insane pressure. Heavy pressure into an ulti execute combo is the way to go right now with nightblade in general and they most certainly have it if built/played correctly. And its not like theyre a hard class/spec to play tbh.

I believe you wan't to run heavy armor with this which turns you into a live lord (if you haven't been doing this) though I could be wrong I'm not certain.
    Edited by nublife01 on January 15, 2020 3:18PM
  • nublife01
    nublife01
    ✭✭✭✭
    Raudgrani wrote: »

Never take people putting your work down seriously. In ESO in particular, it's like nothing you do is "gud", you're always a "noob" only killing even worse "noobs". I'm a scrub to many people, and it doesn't matter if I take out 4 supposedly good players in one go (farming group), it was only luck, or I was using a cheese build, or they were not paying attention because I suck - or just about anything, except admitting I bested them on fair terms. As a general rule, when they start teabagging you, zerg you on sight, or send someone to slander you in alliance chat, you know what they really think. :smiley:

I'm critiquing the build so that ZOS doesnt see this and immediately press the nerfbat button on our class for the 10th+ time in a row you sperg. If you haven't noticed potato smashing builds like this one are responsible for the gross number of nerfs this class has received every patch for like years because out of all those potatoes he just smashed in this youtube video I'm sure at least a few of them are qq'ing or saying that stamblade is strong/op right now when it is really so underpowered that casuals cant even really play it effectively without resorting to some sort of snipe spam glitch build.
  • nublife01
    nublife01
    ✭✭✭✭
    Edited by nublife01 on January 15, 2020 3:09PM
  • jloverly87
    jloverly87
    Soul Shriven
    @susmitds Just wanted to thank you for putting together this build and even better including all the analysis and gameplay combos. I'm pretty new to PVP (past few months) and have been struggling to articulate a build for the playstyle I wanted (non-ranged gank) and this build is everything I could not put together on my own. It's also been great even though I'm sub 500 cp and also haven't finished the build completely yet (jewelry transmutes etc.).

Thanks so much for creating this and sharing it. It will be awhile before I really have the micro skills to play this build to it's credit but I am having so much fun with it so far. Hope to see more video content from you in the future.
    -J
  • Vyvrhel
    Vyvrhel
    ✭✭✭
    Is Spriggan the only (or the best) set you would recommend to pair with Mechanical Acuity, or are there other sets which can produce similar results? In other words, is the penetration bonus very important? What about Shield breaker?
  • Vyvrhel
    Vyvrhel
    ✭✭✭
    I'm critiquing the build so that ZOS doesnt see this and immediately press the nerfbat button on our class for the 10th+ time in a row

Well correct me if I am wrong but main selling points of the build are Mechanical Acuity set, Ballista, Magnum shot and Silver shards. I admit I am totally clueless in PvP but I would say that the fact a Nightblade uses a build with no offensive class skill supports your claim that the class is seriously broken.
    it is really so underpowered that casuals cant even really play it effectively without resorting to some sort of snipe spam glitch build.

Being one of these casuals you mention I cannot agree more. I started with an idea I will use cloak + surprise attack then HA into Off Ballance and finish with Incap in combat. What to say, so far I am a free lunch for any kid ambusher farming base entrance in IC sewers. :)
  • nublife01
    nublife01
    ✭✭✭✭
    Vyvrhel wrote: »
    Is Spriggan the only (or the best) set you would recommend to pair with Mechanical Acuity, or are there other sets which can produce similar results? In other words, is the penetration bonus very important? What about Shield breaker?

If you're a woodelf and can tactician effectively nma with a sharpened weapon would be very good for his set up.
  • catnamedwill
    catnamedwill
    ✭✭✭
    You gonna update the build for the next patch?
  • mav1234
    mav1234
    ✭✭✭✭✭

DW crit based heavy attack build? What kind of build are you talking about?
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Nice build, you might as well call it a 'make vampires pay' build, looks like it's nicely built to counter how everyone is a vampire for the undeath passive these days.

Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
  • susmitds
    susmitds
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You gonna update the build for the next patch?

Yeah, I will update it.
  • nightfuryg
    nightfuryg
    Soul Shriven
    Sweet build, really enjoyed using it over dragonhold. Have you got any other builds for other classes?
  • bongtokin420insd16
    bongtokin420insd16
    ✭✭✭✭
    This looks fun
    Kaz_Wastelander PS4NA
  • EmrisDovahLord
    First off love the build brings a lot of life back to stamblade for me. Thank you for that. I have an off topic question what addons are you using? I love the minimap, group window, and pvp addon your using that brings the notifications up.
  • catnamedwill
    catnamedwill
    ✭✭✭
    Please update this build, it has been my favourite build for stamblade and the only one that could go head to head with a stamcro imo. It worked fine till Greymoor but given it was a vamp 4 build, I feel it needs updating to be viable. From what I have seen, it has much harder to sustain. Damage-wise, I feel ever better now, most likely due to the mass-nerfing of defensive options.
  • Curtdogg47
    Curtdogg47
    ✭✭✭✭
    Awesome info
  • Toc de Malsvi
    Toc de Malsvi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Raudgrani wrote: »

This for sure. I got invited to an Xbox party to duel once. Traded kills with them back and forth. Only to be told I was trash and garbage. If I killed them it was always cause of lag or glitches. Video games are full of these players. They will never respect anything you do or say unless it aligns with their vision of the world/game.
    Legendary Archer of Valenwood
    Bosmer Dragon Knight Archer. XBox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Nightblade Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Sorcerer Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Warden Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Templar's are evil..
  • Theignson
    Theignson
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This build is amazing. Thanks for publishing this. I have wondered how some players have incredible damage but are also reasonably tanky. Some how you've assembled 19k resists, 25k health, 2500 stam recovery, 15.5k magicka with 1k mag recovery, with 8k weapon damage and 100% crits and 113% crit damage.

Even staring at the build editor I have trouble grasping that this is possible.

I understand you have to line it all up with caustic arrow + weapon enchant+ max Balorgh etc.

Still amazes me.

You are very generous to share this

Quakrson, Stam DK, Grand Overlord
    Trackrsen, Stam Warden, Grand Overlord
    Quakrsen, Mag DK, Overlord
    Tolliverson, Stam NB, General
    Farfarel, Stam Necro, Praetorian
    Spencerson, Templar, Prefect
    Phosphorsen, Stam Sorc, Colonel
    Phosphorson, Mag Sorc, Centurion
    Glimson, Arcanist, Major
    All EP/ PC NA
  • Augusten15
    Augusten15
    ✭✭✭
    Can anyone weigh in on the viability of this build in the games current state?
  • Theignson
    Theignson
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Augusten15 wrote: »
    Can anyone weigh in on the viability of this build in the games current state?

Im runnning a build on my stamblade which is based on these ideas. I substituted NMA for Mech acuity. I try to run the 25k health and use Lava food for stamina recovery. I added some HP in attributes. I try to get MR up. I can't get near his numbers in almost any of the categories. Balorgh damage is reduced 50% but you get more penetration. So you take off 500 from his weapon damage peak or, more realistically, you rarely use 500 ulti so take off 700 or 800. I have an Orc which in theory should get better weapon damage but worse crit damage. I can't get near his crit rating. My stamina recovery isn't nearly as high. My resists do get to 20k with shadow passive.
    I think I can get around 6500 weapon damage plus 20k+ penetration, which hits pretty hard. With the higher resists and magic pool I have adequate defensive abilities. Playing solo I don't see how to get over 7k weapon damage consistently . I used the poison to get minor brutality but it only lasts 2.3 seconds. Its hard to get all the buffs to line up at once.
    But in my opinion the concepts on which this is built are still valid. My NB is one of my alts so I'm by no means a good NB. But I can pressure even tanky builds and I don't die to easily
    Quakrson, Stam DK, Grand Overlord
    Trackrsen, Stam Warden, Grand Overlord
    Quakrsen, Mag DK, Overlord
    Tolliverson, Stam NB, General
    Farfarel, Stam Necro, Praetorian
    Spencerson, Templar, Prefect
    Phosphorsen, Stam Sorc, Colonel
    Phosphorson, Mag Sorc, Centurion
    Glimson, Arcanist, Major
    All EP/ PC NA
  • hakan
    hakan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sooo i was thinking of new builds. Since NMA nerfed (and i didnt like it anyway) i was considering this build.

But of course im a Dark Elf so build numbers arent exactly the same. Still it should be good after i make infused jewels.

Mech Acu+ Stuhn's+ Balorgh+ Master bow.

Master Assasin passive nerfed so no more %10 wd bonus. But relentless critical damage bonus is a plus! And the comment above me says balorgh's damage bonus got nerfed and i also use Incap over Dawnbreaker.

With warrior stone and dark elf i get around 5,5k wd with rally and balorgh (incap) on + master bow proc. Didnt count the minor brutality from poisons.

I cant get the stam recovery though. 2,2k looks good i assume it was with 2h passive and rally on? I have 1500 regen without rally or anything just the saltrice food.
  • GERMANO-THE-IMPERIAL
    The build is very nice, but I don't like a bow, what kind of bow can I use?