The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

VERY casual player looking for guild

Mercury_1967
Mercury_1967
Soul Shriven
I'm a very casual, solo player, content to just quest and explore. I'd like to take advantage of the trading opportunities guilds offer.
  • NeeScrolls
    NeeScrolls
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm a very casual, solo player, content to just quest and explore. I'd like to take advantage of the trading opportunities guilds offer.

Not exactly sure what you mean by "trading opportunities" , but i'm going to presume you're looking for a PUBLIC Trader that the guild bid on and currently holds? If so, unfortunately my bid failed to succeed this week, so we lost our Public Trader.

However, you'll still be able to buy/sell/trade within the guild membership. And we have gotten Public Trader bids to go thru sometimes, depending upon the week (and how much GOLD i have to bid lol ) ....So, you might wanna check us out here sometime anyway: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/470164

And feel free to friend-request me @Nee in-game or send me forum PM (to NeeScrolls ) with any further questions.

Best of luck either way! B)
    Edited by NeeScrolls on June 17, 2020 4:05AM
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    There are a lot of outright trading guilds. Which ones are right for you have a lot to do with how much stuff you have to sell.
  • Mercury_1967
    Mercury_1967
    Soul Shriven
    Sorry, guys. Obviously I'm new to "guild-speak" :), so I apparently used a term that means something other than what I meant.

Reading guides on the web about items in ESO I often run across things that are said to be easily obtainable at a guild store. I'd like to have access to that. Plus, I'm like to have an easy way to find a decent group to do some of the dungeons.

As for my involvement/participation in the guild, I'm only in the game a couple of hours a week, so it would be minimal in that regard.

Hopefully that makes it more clearer what I'm looking for.
  • Savina
    Savina
    ✭✭✭
    Hi Mercury_1967,

You do not have to be part of a guild to use the Guild Traders. Guilds bid each week on trader spots across all the zones, highest bid wins. The people in the winning bid guild, list their items to be sold to anyone that visits the trader. In places like Wayrest, Deshaan, Rawl'kha, and Gratwood you can find 5-7 Guild traders as you step-away from the wayshrine. The trader sells items to anyone that clicks and shops with them. The items you buy will be delivered to you via in-game mail.

You can join a trade guild and be one of the people selling items in these places. You'll find many listings for Trade Guilds here in this forum. Most of the Trade Guilds do charge a weekly fee because of the high cost to securing a trader spot. These dues or fees can range from 1k-50k per week depending on the guild and the spot.

Guilds with more than 50 members have opened the ability to have a Guild Store. If they do not bid on a trader, the members can only buy and sell among themselves. The option to shop or list items is available at a banker. Usually these types of guilds are social guilds and there will not be a large selection of items like you would find in a Trade Guild.

From your post it seems you might just need to look over the map and find the Guild Traders in each zone and click on them, do a search and shopping.

If you decide to go the trade guild route be sure you know the cost per week before joining or you'll find yourself booted out if it isn't paid.

If you are looking for a social guild where you can ask questions in chat and get a dungeon group from time to time you'll find all kinds of those listed here in this forum as well. I of course would recommend Vanquish, I'm bias however because I am the Guildleader. You can find our recruitment thread here.

Hope this helps!

Savina
    Vanquish Guild Commander
    Edited by Savina on June 17, 2020 10:55PM