The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

A Homestead Request & Question

Inhuman003
Inhuman003
✭✭✭✭✭
I have to ask ESO community, ESO Dev's, and ZoS have the need a Fortress in homestead because I'm curious?
636284741939884350.jpeg
  • bluebird
    bluebird
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    There have been a couple of other requests for adding Cyro Keeps and/or Outposts as player housing.
    But most likely they'll never be a house in Cyro so these would only use the models but be located elsewhere.

So yeah, no actual Fortress, and no tower like your image. But it would be cool for sure!
    There was concept art for an AvA structure that would have looked great, but they scrapped that.
    mathew-weathers-pvpkeepdesign-01.jpg?1490474429
    The closest thing you can get to a Fortress is Forsaken Stronghold and Daggerfall Overlook.
  • Inhuman003
    Inhuman003
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks, it just blows my mind that we don't have a Fortress and a Lighthouse as well.
  • bluebird
    bluebird
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Inhuman003 wrote: »
    Thanks, it just blows my mind that we don't have a Fortress and a Lighthouse as well.
    Oh, well we do have a Lighthouse. Sorta. The Enchanted Snow Globe Home.

It uses the Gold Coast lighthouse model, although it's stuck in a winter-y miniature magic snowglobe so it might not be what you're looking for. It's also not a proper tower that you can enter. Just a small house, and a door which directly takes you to the top of the lighthouse with the fire. But it usually returns to the store around Christmas time.
    enchantedsnowglobehome.jpg
    Some players have crafted custom towers using some structural furnishings (many of these are totally awesome! :smile:) so you may want to look into creating a custom build if you really want a Fort/Tower. The Alinor structural items are pretty good as they include a good variety of floors, walls and doorways.
  • Inhuman003
    Inhuman003
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    bluebird wrote: »

It uses the Gold Coast lighthouse model, although it's stuck in a winter-y miniature magic snowglobe so it might not be what you're looking for. It's also not a proper tower that you can enter. Just a small house, and a door which directly takes you to the top of the lighthouse with the fire. But it usually returns to the store around Christmas time.
    Some players have crafted custom towers using some structural furnishings (many of these are totally awesome! :smile:) so you may want to look into creating a custom build if you really want a Fort/Tower. The Alinor structural items are pretty good as they include a good variety of floors, walls and doorways.

Oh, yeah I forgot about that one but it's still not the same like the original one outside the riverbank or seashore. That's the only dislike I have about this lighthouse (The Enchanted Snow Globe Home).
  • bluebird
    bluebird
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    bluebird wrote: »

Oh, yeah I forgot about that one but it's still not the same like the original one outside the riverbank or seashore. That's the only dislike I have about this lighthouse (The Enchanted Snow Globe Home).
    Yeah I agree, I would have bought a nice Nibenese Lighthouse, but the snowy miniature gimmick that has you stare at a glass dome outside was too much for me. I know it's supposed to be one of those lighthouse toy snowglobes you can get irl, but it's a bit tacky. A lighthouse on an actual island or shoreline would have been more useful and more popular imo.

Forsaken Stronghold and Daggerfall Overlook both have a tower/towers, and pretty strong walls. You can't really build inside the towers in those houses either, but for now that's the best approximation of forts/lighthouses.