The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

[Hireling Mail] Is a single unit of SANDED Ruby Ash a bug?

Dusk_Coven
Dusk_Coven
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
jwja5ork3sdo.png
  • tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nope. It's RNG. I've gotten a single Sardonyx from a hireling before. It happens. You've also probably gotten 2 Rosin/Wax/Alloy before :smile:

Tenacious Dreamer - Hurricane Herald - Godslayer - Dawnbringer - Gryphon Heart - Tick Tock Tormenter - Immortal Redeemer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    The Unchained - Bedlam's Disciple - Temporal Tempest - Curator's Champion - Fist of Tava - Invader's Bane - Land, Air, and Sea Supremacy - Zero Regrets - Battlespire's Best - Bastion Breaker - Ardent Bibliophile - Subterranean Smasher - Bane of Thorns - True Genius - In Defiance of Death - No Rest for the Wicked - Nature's Wrath - Undying Endurance - Relentless Raider - Depths Defier - Apex Predator - Pure Lunacy - Mountain God - Leave No Bone Unbroken - CoS/RoM/BF/FH Challenger
    61,215 achievement points
  • tsaescishoeshiner
    tsaescishoeshiner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rough luck. Todd giveth, and Todd taketh away ...
    PC-NA
    in-game: @tsaescishoeshiner
  • Dusk_Coven
    Dusk_Coven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    At all other tiers they only give RAW materials though. That's why I think it's a bug.
  • Feric51
    Feric51
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dusk_Coven wrote: »
    At all other tiers they only give RAW materials though. That's why I think it's a bug.

It's been awhile since I've had sub-CP characters with hirelings, so I can't comment on what the lower tiers may get, but the hireling loot pool has had refined/sanded materials included in it for at least a couple years from what I can remember. If you get refined material it will always be in addition to some raw mats, but it's not a bug to get refined mats in the hireling mail.
    Feric51
    Xbox NA

Darkness Falls: The Crusade survivor (you young kids will never know the struggle of text-based games)

• Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Correct. I've been seeing one unit of refined material on occasion, in addition to the raw mats, ever since my first character reached top tier in crafting. At all other tiers (I still have some younglings who are at lower tiers), I've only ever received raw mats.

If it is a bug, it's been in the game for years - ever since tier 10 mats were introduced to the game.
    Edited by Jayne_Doe on June 16, 2020 9:28PM
  • Dusk_Coven
    Dusk_Coven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Jayne_Doe wrote: »
    Correct. I've been seeing one unit of refined material on occasion, in addition to the raw mats, ever since my first character reached top tier in crafting. At all other tiers (I still have some younglings who are at lower tiers), I've only ever received raw mats.

If it is a bug, it's been in the game for years - ever since tier 10 mats were introduced to the game.

Are you 3/3 on the hireling or 2/3?
    I really don't remember seeing it at 2/3.