The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Giant’s Coast Ritual Site broken

Elder_Martin
Elder_Martin
✭✭✭
As far as I can tell this ritual site is not resetting. Been here a few times and waited for 30 minutes. It never resets so I can’t complete it. I’ve seen multiple people waiting but nothing.
I am the real Mudcrab Merchant.
Gamertag - Elder Martin
  • ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager
    Hi @Elder_Martin! Harrowstorms work a little differently than Dolmens in the base game in that they don't have a static spawn location. They move around the map. So even if you saw one at a certain spot, it may not spawn there again for awhile. There's some intentional randomness to where they appear and you do need to hunt around the zone for them.
    Jessica Folsom
    Lead Community Manager - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
    Staff Post
  • Gythral
    Gythral
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    They simply dont spawn on PC-EU...

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    “Be as a tower, that, firmly set,
    Shakes not its top for any blast that blows!”
    Dante Alighieri, The Divine Comedy
  • Integral1900
    Integral1900
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Between random appearances and almost non existent loot these things will soon be deserted. They are far to inconvenient to get to. Not worth the effort when dragon actually appear on the map and dark anchors drop on schedules. These things need a major rethink
  • MyNameIsElias
    MyNameIsElias
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Chasing after 3 harrowstorms every day for the achievement is one of the most frustrating things i've ever had to do in this game, that is ontop of the poor wayshrine placements :(
  • Moloch1514
    Moloch1514
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Poor design choice...or intended to drive us crazy like the cheesy one-shot dungeon mechanics. [Snip]

[Edited for rude content]
    Edited by ZOS_Volpe on June 11, 2020 5:49PM
    PC-NA
  • Destai
    Destai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hi @Elder_Martin! Harrowstorms work a little differently than Dolmens in the base game in that they don't have a static spawn location. They move around the map. So even if you saw one at a certain spot, it may not spawn there again for awhile. There's some intentional randomness to where they appear and you do need to hunt around the zone for them.

@ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    This is one of those situations where you guys REALLY need to listen to our feedback. We get that they're designed differently than the dolmens, but the current design isn't sustainable or really enjoyable. The rewards are poor, the Wayshrines are too far, and they burn down too quickly. With players are spending hours waiting for one or two to pop, that's not good design IMO.

Them moving around the map is fine, but there should be a predictable pattern(s). For example, let's say there's 5 Harrowstorms. The order for one block of time could be 1-2-3-4-5, the next block could be 1-3-5-2-4, and so on. At the very least, look at Wayshrine placement so players can get to them quicker. You have to anticipate that people will want to farm these, especially since they're an icon of the map and expansion. I feel like if they're not addressed, they'll be abandoned. No one wants abandoned game features, right?
    Edited by Destai on June 16, 2020 8:17PM