The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Time for a low population capped campaign.

Sheuib
Sheuib
✭✭✭✭
All the cyrodiil campaigns on NA servers are starting to get populated and it is looking like it is time to permanently open another campaign. I would like to request that you make a new campaign pop locked at what is currently 2 bars. We have gone through the different cycles of faction locked, not faction locked, 7 days, 30 days, etc.

I am not saying change the pop lock for all the campaigns. I am just asking for one campaign that has a low population cap. Some of us like to play small group cyrodiil pvp. We still want to play cyrodiil not battlegrounds but we want to play in smaller groups not zergs.

I prefer CP campaigns but if I can get a low population locked campaign and it has to be no CP I will take it.
  • gabriebe
    gabriebe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Already plenty of ghost campaigns, why the need for another
    Former Empresses: Saliva Bortschion (MagBlade), Janet From Finance (PvP MagSorc), Carla Swagan (Tank DK), Estelle Born (StamBlade), Enya Arsenal (MagPlar), Anita Nurse (Magplar Healer), Bearback Brigitte (Magden), Rachel Justice (MagDK), Nicole From Payroll (Stamden), Bailiff Belinda (PvE MagSorc), Féline Dion (StamDK), Septic Tank Tina (Necro Tank)

The runts: The Trolly Spirit (Tank Sorc), Floods-Your-Basement (Warden Healer) Dinah Asthma (Magcro), Total Top Tony (Stamcro)

The traitor
    s: Janis Javelin (Stamplar, EP), Barbecue Becky (Magblade Healer, AD)

PvE: Gryphon Heart, Immortal Redeemer, Flawless Conqueror

GM: Animal Control

• OBJnoob
    OBJnoob
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So turn the ghost campaigns into 2 bar pop lock?? Hey look at that. A disagreement turned into an agreement.

I think that’s an amaaazing idea OP. Less complaining and more solutions!
  • Vietfox
    Vietfox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Map would be way too big if they reduced the population cap.
  • OBJnoob
    OBJnoob
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are some campaigns that almost never go as high as two bars and the map size isn’t an issue.
    Edited by OBJnoob on May 31, 2020 3:27PM
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not sure I agree all are getting populated. Its hit or miss still outside of Gray Host to where I'm looking for slow times on Gray Host to play there and "busy" times on Standard and no CP to play there. When the new chapter shines wear off, maybe there will be too much, but I'd bet on any extra campaign becoming just a farm for the over-populated faction.

The bars are also awfully vague. You can have some action at 2 bars. Or nothing at all. Seems the lower end of 3 bars is ideal, unless ball groups or faction stacks are running to which you have lag and all action in 1 condensed spot making it no better. Ultimately; theres nothing wrong with people organizing to focus 1 thing, and ZOS really needs to fix their game.
  • Durham
    Durham
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its ball large guild groups more then population. You can have 1-2 bars and latency go to crap when a guild ball guild group shows up. There really isn't anyway to stop this type of play due to the stupid way healing work and speed buffs. Speed should be smaller groups to counter larger groups no speed should exist for large groups. Healing should only affect ones group not other groups. Groups should have AP drastically cut from kills. The game just cant handle that style of play. ZOS should have done this long ago. Groups should be limited to 12 just like the rest of the game Guilds that want to field 40 people on a guild event will have to build balanced groups. I know some larger guilds will say we want large scale that's fine just run your groups together. But they will need to be balance or a few of them will be.

The game just cant handle the style of play that this game is trying to promote with battle groups. Im not sure why ZOS still has this grouping.
    Edited by Durham on May 31, 2020 7:35PM
    PVP DEADWAIT
    PVP The Unguildables
  • Alomar
    Alomar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LOL, the current population cap is low. It was 1800 total; 600v600v600 at launch and it's been reduced several times so much so ZOS hasn't ever been willing to give a definite number. If the game can't handle as is now than you're beating a dead horse hoping for anything to get better.
    Haxus Council Member
    Former Havoc Commander
    Former DiE officer
    Alomar: 5 Stars - Beast: 3 stars - Kurudin: 5th NA emperor
    Awaiting New World, Camelot Unchained, and Crowfall
  • DTAmoral
    DTAmoral
    ✭✭✭✭
    Obviously I dont know, but the numbers I hear being thrown around are 150v150v150
    Xbox NA - EP
    Team Rocket's Finest Support
    We are recruiting! Use below link for recruitment!
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/577520/team-rocket-ebonheart-pvp-guild#latest
  • Mr_Walker
    Mr_Walker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    DTAmoral wrote: »
    Obviously I dont know, but the numbers I hear being thrown around are 150v150v150

It would honestly surprise me if it's that high. If it is I don't know where all those folk are....
  • Kadoin
    Kadoin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Durham wrote: »
    Its ball large guild groups more then population. You can have 1-2 bars and latency go to crap when a guild ball guild group shows up. There really isn't anyway to stop this type of play due to the stupid way healing work and speed buffs. Speed should be smaller groups to counter larger groups no speed should exist for large groups. Healing should only affect ones group not other groups. Groups should have AP drastically cut from kills. The game just cant handle that style of play. ZOS should have done this long ago. Groups should be limited to 12 just like the rest of the game Guilds that want to field 40 people on a guild event will have to build balanced groups. I know some larger guilds will say we want large scale that's fine just run your groups together. But they will need to be balance or a few of them will be.

The game just cant handle the style of play that this game is trying to promote with battle groups. Im not sure why ZOS still has this grouping.

How many people balled up when siege damage was "broken"? :D

The real issue is that siege doesn't counter the ball groups.
    • Lightning ballista needs to drain 3x as much mag IMO (and can lose its damage portion IDK about that)
    • The one that drains stam 3x as much stam (and can lose its damage portion too)
    • There should be an oblivion siege or coldharbour should do oblivion damage since we already have fire ballistas for vamps
    • There should be a siege that lets you negate an area, but has a longer reload time

And maybe, MAYBE a mechanic should be added that reverses healing. That's right, a mechanic that makes it so you can't stack heals without using your brain, and no one can be safe by just stacking more and more heals.

I'd like to see that added in PvE as well, since there really isn't any "test" for healers (yeah I play healer in PvP and PvE and it's braindead for the most part).

But one can only dream...
  • Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Kadoin wrote: »
    Durham wrote: »

How many people balled up when siege damage was "broken"? :D

Honestly the broken siege had almost 0 effect on us lol people forget it was week 1 of a new patch when groups aren't playing anyway.

I'd rather see a group size limited campaign instead of a low pop limited campaign. e.g. 12m max group size.
    @Solar_Breeze
    NA ~ Izanerys: Dracarys (Videos | Dracast Podcast)
    EU ~ Izanagi: Roleplay Circle (AOE Rats/ Zerg Squad / Banana Squad)
  • Sheuib
    Sheuib
    ✭✭✭✭
    Alomar wrote: »
    LOL, the current population cap is low. It was 1800 total; 600v600v600 at launch and it's been reduced several times so much so ZOS hasn't ever been willing to give a definite number. If the game can't handle as is now than you're beating a dead horse hoping for anything to get better.

The point isn't really for better performance. The point is so you can't have one side drastically outnumbering the other two sides which is what is happening on the less populated campaigns right now. One side will be three bars or pop-locked while the other sides will be two bars at best and quickly log off because it is useless fighting that.

The goal is to maintain somewhat equal numbers on each side. If each side is limited to two bars then the sides that are at one bar still have a fighting chance.

I am not asking for all the campaigns to be changed. I am only requesting that we get one campaign specifically for the people that want to play smaller scale but still play CP cyrodiil. It is fun playing that type of campaign and we had it for a long time until the last mayhem event and it just slowly went down hill from that.
  • OBJnoob
    OBJnoob
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I thought you wanted to balance the overall populations just so more people could have fun... or you thought it would help performance. For 'evening things out' that is actually the opposite of what you want to do.

If the dominant faction has 3 bars... they have 3. If each other faction has 2 bars then 2+2=4 and depending on how you feel about 'teaming up' against the Emp then you should be able to handle things.

If the dominant faction has 2 bars and each of the other factions only have 1 then 1+1=2 and that is only equal, not superior, to the dominant faction's overall population.

The more population possible (provided there IS a cap, somewhere,) the more likely the other two factions can summon numbers.

The real problem, in my opinion? They don't summon numbers. They promptly log out. Got a lot of people that don't want to lose... and, in a weird way, that's why they don't win.