The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 13:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 13
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 14, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Nirn or sharpened?

erio
erio
✭✭✭✭✭
What trait is better right now for stam characters on a 2h maul?
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Usually sharpened. You may want Nirn if your heal is on that bar but damage is sharpened unless you risk over penetrating.
    Options
  • Chilly-McFreeze
    Chilly-McFreeze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    When will the % penetration of the maul come into play? Before or after sharpened?
    Options
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • raasdal
    raasdal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maul is not affected by sharpened. Only things that decrease your targets resistances will diminish the effect of a maul. Sharpened is a buff to your own stats and does not affect the actual resistances of your opponent.
    PC - EU
    Gromag Gro-Molag - Sorcerer - EP
    Dexion Velus - Dragonknight - AD
    Chalaux Erissa - Nightblade - AD
    Firiel Erissa - Templar - AD
    Options
  • erio
    erio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    raasdal wrote: »
    Maul is not affected by sharpened. Only things that decrease your targets resistances will diminish the effect of a maul. Sharpened is a buff to your own stats and does not affect the actual resistances of your opponent.

Wait so if i put sharpened on a maul it doesnt work? What?
    Options
  • Dagoth_Rac
    Dagoth_Rac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    erio wrote: »

It works. It is that if you put sharpened on a maul, the maul will reduce the enemy armor by the same amount as if the maul was a different trait. Sharpened increases your penetration. Maul reduces enemy mitigation. They are separate calculations so one does not come before the other. Sharpened is like increasing your salary. Maul is like reducing your bills.
    Options
  • FangOfTheTwoMoons
    FangOfTheTwoMoons
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I always thought that the higher the target's resistance the better pen becomes. With everyone being less bulky this patch I wonder if nirn will be better for most encounters.

Unless my assumptions about penetration are wrong, then ignore everything I said lol.
    Edited by FangOfTheTwoMoons on June 12, 2020 6:52AM
    Options
  • BlackMadara
    BlackMadara
    ✭✭✭✭
    erio wrote: »

irc, a maul's percentage pen in calculated before any flat pen. The order of operations would go: Armor debuff -> Percent pen -> Flat pen.

Maul does not shred armor, it is counted a your own armor penetration.
    Options