Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Old Tower - location icon bugged?

KriHavok
KriHavok
✭✭✭✭
As seen in the image, the Old Tower location icon is bugged, as even though the associated quest(s) have been completed, it is still black and not white. If hovered over it also says the objective of the location is "Thwart the Seventh Legion at Old Tower", despite having completed the quest.

So, I came to see if anyone else is experiencing this, preferably those that have already completed it in Bangkorai. Or if it's just a general bug that needs fixing. It's really annoying when you try to complete the zone to see a location uncompleted.
UESP Staffer & Wiki Editor
We have contacted our Customer support team to help you solve your issue.
  • ZOS_GaryA
    ZOS_GaryA
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey there @KriHavok,

It looks like there are multiple quests linked to clearing this point of interest. Those quests are:
    • Scavenging for the Scarab
    • A Token Trophy

Have you by chance completed all three of these quests?
    Edited by ZOS_GaryA on November 23, 2014 4:15PM
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | ESO Knowledge Base
    Staff Post
  • Rosveen
    Rosveen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_GaryA wrote: »
    • What Burns Never Returns
    What is this quest? I can't find it in any quest guide and I don't think there's a way to check completed quests in the game (correct me if I'm wrong), so we have to rely on memory. There's another objective near the Old Tower though, A Handful of Stolen Dreams (recovering family heirlooms). Is that it?

I'm 99% sure I completed all Old Tower quests and it's still black on my map too. I completely forgot about it, actually. I'll have to log in and check again if I missed one of them.
    Edited by Rosveen on November 23, 2014 4:04PM
  • ZOS_GaryA
    ZOS_GaryA
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey there @Rosveen,

My fault, looks like that was from an old list! It appears the first two are the only quests needed to update the POI.
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | ESO Knowledge Base
    Staff Post
  • KriHavok
    KriHavok
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GaryA‌ Yes, I have completed all of those listed quests.
  • KriHavok
    KriHavok
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hey there @Rosveen,

My fault, looks like that was from an old list! It appears the first two are the only quests needed to update the POI.

@ZOS_GaryA Does this mean that you'll be looking into a fix?
  • ZOS_GaryA
    ZOS_GaryA
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey there @KriHavok,

We went ahead and created a customer support ticket for you on the issue. They'll be able to check into your quest history and POI completions to see why this one isn't turning white. They will reach out to you via email shortly. Thanks for your patience!
    Staff Post
  • danno8
    danno8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey there @KriHavok,
    We went ahead and created a customer support ticket for you on the issue. They'll be able to check into your quest history and POI completions to see why this one isn't turning white. They will reach out to you via email shortly. Thanks for your patience!

I have the same problem. Have completed the Scarab quest and the Old Tower one also (where the Orc dies before you get back to him), but the icon is still dark for me too.

• Blo0dstorm
    Blo0dstorm
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe you guys missed the 'A Handful of Stolen Dreams' quest.
    Its starting point isn't exactly at the Old Tower but maybe close enough to be considered as an 'Old Tower' one.
    dulfy.net/2014/04/02/eso-bangkorai-quests-guide/
  • ESO-Ed
    ESO-Ed
    Soul Shriven
    Have to complete 'A Handful of Stolen Dreams' as well. Starts just to the west of the Old Tower Wayshrine.
  • sergeypisarev85
    I ahve same problem... completed all quests listed above...
  • tamarael
    tamarael
    Soul Shriven
    I can confirm that after all the three quests are done, the POI is updated.

The quests are:
    • Scavenging for the Scarab
    • A Token Trophy
    • A Handful of Stolen Dreams
  • Asdara
    Asdara
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Update 2020 still bugged
    Forget new content for a while & forget adding new DLC, this is a list of what is actually needed in the game:
    1: Handheld magic/ giving you the option to not use your staff to L/H Attack but instead it will shoot from your hand, like a spell.
    2: Spellcrafting.
    3: Combat pet skin / summon Atronach.
    4: Summon weapon.
    5: Change the Housing item limit.
    6: Multi Attunable crafting station.
    7: Add Writ boards and Writ Drop-off's for housing.
    8: Cut the crown price of Mundus stones (4000x13? 52000 crowns?).
    9: Visual upgrade for all spell and animation.
    10: More structural item, door, floors, arch, walls for all size and shape.
    11: Dusting and adding things to the mage guilds.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    As this is an old thread from several years ago we are going to close the discussion. You are welcome to start a new thread in the Bug Report forums for this issue.
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.