The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Getting Out of Combat

ol_BANK_lo
ol_BANK_lo
✭✭✭✭✭
Aren't you supposed to get out of combat within 6 seconds or something of leaving combat? I have now been "in combat" for about 10 minutes. The fight at the keep is long over. I sat around for several minutes. I then ported to the base to turn in a quest. I ported back to a keep to get on my mount and go find a fight. I am sitting in sneak now for several more minutes. And I'm still "in combat".

What in the actual......
  • redgreensunset
    redgreensunset
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's a commonly occurring bug, happens in pve/overland too though rarely for as long as in Cyrodiil. Only fixes I know of is to either find something and kill it, even a skeever will do or die (which is why I always carry essences of drain health in my inventory).
  • seipher09
    seipher09
    ✭✭✭✭
    By chance are you playing as a warden? There has always been a glitch where the betty keeps you in combat.
  • ol_BANK_lo
    ol_BANK_lo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's a commonly occurring bug, happens in pve/overland too though rarely for as long as in Cyrodiil. Only fixes I know of is to either find something and kill it, even a skeever will do or die (which is why I always carry essences of drain health in my inventory).

Sometimes works. In this case nothing around me to try.
  • ol_BANK_lo
    ol_BANK_lo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    seipher09 wrote: »
    By chance are you playing as a warden? There has always been a glitch where the betty keeps you in combat.

No, mag dk.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Jump off a cliff
    Go to an resource owned by the other faction, let the guards kill you
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• ol_BANK_lo
    ol_BANK_lo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »

Jump off a cliff
    Go to an resource owned by the other faction, let the guards kill you

But shouldn't have to. I was just in combat for about 15 minutes. Left the keep we got; ran to resource, killed adds and got resource; ran to outpost, killed opposing faction member, killed adds, took outpost; traveled back to keep. Still in combat. Like wtf. I did finally find a resource to go to die. But seriously. How hard is the coding to get people out of combat when they are done fighting???
  • xshatox
    xshatox
    ✭✭✭✭
    Go to cheesemonger hollow (next to sheogorath in one of alliance gate) then get out again. It will always clear combat bug.
  • deleted221106-002999
    deleted221106-002999
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    xshatox wrote: »
    Go to cheesemonger hollow (next to sheogorath in one of alliance gate) then get out again. It will always clear combat bug.

That makes perfect sense.
  • Alamakot
    Alamakot
    ✭✭✭

This does not work. Yesterday I've been "stuck in combat" for about 20 mins, had to walk on feet from Roebeck to Faregyl. Killing wolves on the way did nothing.
    Getting killed sometimes is not solving problem as well - I'm rezzing at Base or Keep and still have combat status on me :/
  • ol_BANK_lo
    ol_BANK_lo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alamakot wrote: »

This does not work. Yesterday I've been "stuck in combat" for about 20 mins, had to walk on feet from Roebeck to Faregyl. Killing wolves on the way did nothing.
    Getting killed sometimes is not solving problem as well - I'm rezzing at Base or Keep and still have combat status on me :/

Yikes. Dying does the trick for me, but is pain in the [snip] sometimes.

[Edited for Censor Bypass]
    Edited by Psiion on June 4, 2020 3:14AM
  • Raudgrani
    Raudgrani
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    xshatox wrote: »

A pretty inconvenient solution much of the time, even if it's true. Just travel outside Cyrodiil and back again also fixes this, and the annoying "block visual here to stay" bug, as well as visual effects from sets like Mother Ciannait. There's just no end to the amount of "magical solutions" we all have come up with, just to deal with all the bugs and glitches. If just the devs were as innovative...
  • BRogueNZ
    BRogueNZ
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It leaves for a time and you rejoice, then it reappears and you're back to being pissed off again.
  • ol_BANK_lo
    ol_BANK_lo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BRogueNZ wrote: »
    It leaves for a time and you rejoice, then it reappears and you're back to being pissed off again.

Lol, right.
  • caeliusstarbreaker
    caeliusstarbreaker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Crouch, sheath your weapon and then open up the crown store to get out of combat. The coding wakes up the money goblin, which will take you out of combat thinking you are gonna buy something.

I’m actually not kidding, it usually works.
    Rhage Lionpride DC Stamina Templar
    K-Hole
  • ol_BANK_lo
    ol_BANK_lo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Crouch, sheath your weapon and then open up the crown store to get out of combat. The coding wakes up the money goblin, which will take you out of combat thinking you are gonna buy something.

That's sad, but I'll try.
  • Mayrael
    Mayrael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In general this bug is caused by overcomplicated in combat checks. If you ever clash with someone else who is constantly in combat and doesn't die, you will be in combat to. Best example are ball groups. Exchange few hits with them and bam, you're in combat till:
    A. You die.
    B. Members of the group die.

ZOS Has no freaking idea how to fix it, the only almost 99% working workaround is to suicide. You can jump of a cliff, use ravage health potions (aka suicide potions Fleshfly Larvae, Nirnroot, Nightshade if I remember well) or get killed by guards/players. Welcome to ESO :D it's just a start of your journey :)
    Say no to Toxic Casuals!
    I am doing my best, but I am not a native speaker, sorry.

"Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game." - @AlexanderDeLarge
  • Ackwalan
    Ackwalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This does work. You have to quickly mount up as soon as the crown store pulls you out of stealth, because you will be out of combat for only a short time.
  • tyrion_archer
    tyrion_archer
    ✭✭

LOL, i heard about the crown store trick, this explanation explains why.