Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Will there be an Xbox to Stadia migration?

quantumartist
quantumartist
✭✭
I am a proud Founding member of Stadia. I am thrilled to hear the news that ESO is finally coming! This said, I was also very disappointed to hear that only PC accounts can crossplay/save with Stadia. All my ESO progress is on Xbox! You can see my subscription for ESO lapsed almost a year ago. I found the Xbox community unfortunately toxic to anyone that didn't do whatever the "meta nazis" said and the game was not holding my interest on top of that. I find the Stadia community is quite friendly and they're a big part of my interest in possibly reactivating my account. Plus, I've heard a few positive things about changes over the past year that I'd like to check out. Thing is, in the discord announcement there was no mention of how console gamers might be able to continue their progress on Stadia. If there is no crossplay or save for Xbox, PS4, or whatever... will we be given a chance to at least transfer our accounts?
  • quantumartist
    quantumartist
    ✭✭
    Oh, and don't try to post your ignorant comments about Stadia. You will not change my mind, and likely incur my wrath for talking about something you do not know about.

However, if you'd like to really try it, you can get a 2 month free trial and after legitimately trying it out you are welcome to post your opinion on some other thread NOT THIS ONE. Thanks.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @quantumartist

You would need to start anew on Stadia. Your character progression from Xbox cannot be transferred to other platforms.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • quantumartist
    quantumartist
    ✭✭
    ZOS_BillE wrote: »
    @quantumartist

You would need to start anew on Stadia. Your character progression from Xbox cannot be transferred to other platforms.

No migrations. Nothing?!? That doesn't seem at all right... and a promise that was oversimplified. My ESO account on Xbox has a lot of stuff and accolades on it that I really don't want to grind over. This does not inspire me to relight the flame for ESO at all.
  • quantumartist
    quantumartist
    ✭✭
    I mean, ZOS does want their time on Stadia to be successful... don't they?!?
  • quantumartist
    quantumartist
    ✭✭
    Didn't I pay a fee to play ESO already once!? What did I pay $70 for, exactly?

The way I see it, I have already purchased your game... that I ACCESS it on Xbox for a separate fee is a completely other issue.

You have your money to provide me entertainment.

Xbox got their money to host it.

Now I want to access the progress of the game I've already paid Bethesda for on Stadia who will now get my $15/mo to host it. The way I see it, my account should not be limited to Xbox only... I pay them for an entirely different reason than I paid Bethesda... I should not have to buy your game again and again to play it on other hosting services.
  • HoustonHeart
    That will have a lot to do with google and how they set games to play on their systems, I believe on like full pc systems that stream and you install your own software on rented systems that stay the same, theirs require new account creation.

I used another system that you had a full pc desktop and can install anything that is registered software, even second life with firestorm.

Keep in mind it is still a streaming system dependent on your download speed.. for good clarity you will need a stable 25mbps at all times. You also won’t have 4K like on an Xbox one x. Small devices actually ate ata 720p res. Laptops 1080p. There is delay inn put even tho it’s not real noticeable, in ove it can be a disadvantage.

Check with your isp. Comcast, Warner cable, ***, ATt and Verizon all have monthly caps. I veered always from these streaming services for that reason. Except for the business line, the standard home lines went over. You generally get 2 months to go over. Then they charge after that for each 10 gig of data. Game streaming cloud services up use a lot of data . Be sure you mo itoror switch to an unlimited version of your internet service. It will cost a bit more a month but will save in the long run if you game a lot.

• HoustonHeart
    Stadia runs a pcclogin. If you have a pc account it’s data will be the same when you login on stadia. But not any console version
  • One_ofMany
    One_ofMany
    ✭✭✭
    When will moving accounts become available?