Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

[Suggestion] Make Spear Shards (Templar Skill) Enemy-Targeted?

ThatHappyCat
ThatHappyCat
✭✭✭✭✭
Spear Shards currently has a problem. It is a ground-targeted AoE skill with a single-target Disorient/Stun. When there's more than one enemy in the area, which one gets CCed is pretty much down to chance.

My suggestion is to make Spear Shards an enemy-targeted skill, dealing its AoE damage to an area surrounding the target. This will allow you to choose who to CC amongst a group of enemies, and also serves to make the skill easier and less clunky to use; especially if you're using it against just one enemy.

The downside of this is, of course, you can no longer place the AoE exactly where you want it to be, and some may see making the skill easier to use (not having to take into account AoE size and casting delay against moving targets) as a downside as well. I think however that giving us control over who to CC is more important.
  • Tankqull
    Tankqull
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    even though i can understand your point - i highly dislike it, as the skill does have other effects beside dmg and cc that you completly neglect.
    being able to decide at wichplace on the battlefield your teammates can trigger 25% stamania regain + 300points stamina reg should not be underastimated. and would be gone with your change.

the best way to would be to prefer a tab targeted enemy to be cced while keeping every thing else as it is.
    spelling and grammar errors are free to be abused

Sallington wrote: »
    Anything useful that players are wanting added into the game all fall under the category of "Yer ruinin my 'mersion!"

• ThatHappyCat
    ThatHappyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think the synergy is most useful for your tank, which means in general the mob you want to CC is the same mob as the one the tank is engaging. But that is a good point, although it seems to me it's only relevant if you want to help a ranged DPS ally who would need the boost less than a tank/melee DPS who has to expend stamina blocking.
  • Tankqull
    Tankqull
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    just as a hint this game has a quite vital pvp part :)
    and beside your problem would be solved if a targeted enemy would be preferred for the cc effect(wich could already be the case havent tested that jet to be honest) without restricting the skill to be targetcasted.
    Edited by Tankqull on April 19, 2014 12:37PM

Anything useful that players are wanting added into the game all fall under the category of "Yer ruinin my 'mersion!"

• ThatHappyCat
    ThatHappyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    just as a hint this game has a quite vital pvp part :)
    and beside your problem would be solved if a targeted enemy would be preferred for the cc effect(wich could already be the case havent tested that jet to be honest) without restricting the skill to be targetcasted.

If you are a ganker (as I am) I think you'd be more for this change. It sounds to me you're more of a zerg runner though.

I'll admit one of the reasons I want this is to make it less clunky to use, i.e. target and cast instead of activate, get ground target (and having to take into account enemy movement and the skill's delay) and cast. Currently it's difficult to use it to CC enemies at long range, and if you're trying to use it to Disorient one enemy in a 1v2 situation it can be hit-and-miss.
    Edited by ThatHappyCat on April 19, 2014 4:10PM
  • Tankqull
    Tankqull
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    well i wouldn´t call me either, comming from ~8years of DAoC group pvp(8vs8) i absolutly preferr fights vs enemys and neither run brainless in a zerg nor gank farm animals.

the skill delay is inheritant to it (or better the templer spells in general) so i doubt that will be changed soon by ZOS wich could make your proposed changes to be completly useless and more of a hinderance[have doubts in zos ability to implement it worthfull].
    and beside that the ability to hit a moving target with it as a GTAE segregates the skillfull player from the muppet ;) so keep it a challenge with as much as options to be used as possible but with the option to choose the one to be cc´ed by targeting him.
    there are somany ways to use the ability without using it on an enemy and that would be prohibited by your porposal so i cant support your idea beside the fact that you should be able to decide who be effected by the cc component - wich can be done by forcing targeted enemys to be cced (wich has to be done anyway to have a reliable chance to hit the enemy you want when they clustered).
    Edited by Tankqull on April 20, 2014 7:43AM