Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Mages Guild Quest "Chateau Of The Ravenous Rodent". Help!

appleartem
Anyone know where is quest giver?
I just miss that moment where portal is opening =(
And now i didn't have any tips on world map where is it!
Got only this small map, but how to get there got no idea =/
ku9sorkogl7p.jpg
Can anyone tell me where NPC or portal location?
I can abandon this quest but i must know where i can get it again!
Or maybe someone can share it for me? (invite plx)
Any help, please!
Name: Chateau Of The Ravenous Rodent

Level: 33
Type:
Mage/Fighter Guild

Quest Text:
I’ve been tasked with finding another book for the Mages Guild. Once again I need to return to the Shivering Isles, to a place called the Chateau of the Ravenous Rodent.

First objective:
Valaste has discovered where I need to go for my final trial. I should wait for her to open a portal to this Chateau.

Steps: Wait for Valaste to Open the Portal
Edited by appleartem on April 9, 2014 8:35PM
Forever Young! I Want To Be!
  • modaretto
    modaretto
    ✭✭✭
    it's in Windhelm in Mages Guild, had the same problem
    Edited by modaretto on April 10, 2014 11:00AM
    Watches-the-wind (Templar healer) / PC EU

Dragon's Crest
  • wrlifeboil
    wrlifeboil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Or if you're playing DC, in Al'ikir.
  • appleartem
    Forgot, I should notice i playing for the Ebonheart Pact
    Maybe someone what to meet in game for share this quest on EU megaserver?
  • appleartem
    wrlifeboil wrote: »
    Or if you're playing DC, in Al'ikir.
    WTF? WoW? Just pass by...
  • appleartem
    Solution is found! B)

Just abandon quest and Arch-Mage Shalidor will find you at the entrance to any mages guild. And now you can see where to go on the world map.

To support: its a bug, in some case does not appear on the map location of the portal.
    Edited by appleartem on April 10, 2014 4:26PM
  • Santiago
    Santiago
    ✭✭
    Anyone know where to pick this quest up in AD? Can't find it anywhere and been to all the mages tguilds... I think :) Thanks!
  • notbread
    notbread
    Santiago wrote: »
    Anyone know where to pick this quest up in AD? Can't find it anywhere and been to all the mages tguilds... I think :) Thanks!

I'm also having the same problem, help on this situation would be really appreciated.
    Edit: Ok I see how it works now. I went to Vulkhel Guard Fighters Guild and started Prismatic Core via courier. On this Fighters Guild quest there is a Lore Book that increased my Mages Guild to 4. Now when i went to the Mages Guild in Malabal Tor, Shalidor was next to the entrance.
    So basically this points out that you need to do both Fighters Guild and Mages Guild quests together, sort of.
    Edited by notbread on April 11, 2014 11:49PM
  • Santiago
    Santiago
    ✭✭
    OR maybe it's tied to your guild level. I also saw it after hitting rank 4.

Really kind of annoying to have these hidden requirements. I've been shackled by this for 3 days now trying to be able to do vet content. They should not let you reach vet rank, or should give you some kind of alert, if you have not met the requirements.

Anyway thanks for the response. I now need to figure out how to get both the next fighters guild and mages guild quests as they are not appearing... likely need to go now and level those.
  • Talmet
    Talmet
    ✭✭✭
    The mages/fighters guilds quests will be in the next zone. I don't play EP, so I don't know the zone order, but looking online it should be like eastmarch?

There's one fighters guild & one mages guild quests for each lvling zone. Go to the next zone, walk into the fighters/mages guild & see if there's a quest. I picked up the mages guild quest before the Chateau Of The Ravenous Rodent (whatever it was called), by just walking into the mages guild and talking to Valaste. Shaladar never sent me there, though I've heard from other people that they had him appear and start the quest.

It's probably like the main story quest line. The prophet will come find you sometime after you meet the requirements, but if you travel to the harborage & talk to him before he appears, you'll still get the quest (assuming you are high enough lvl).
  • Shanna
    Shanna
    ✭✭✭
    abandoning the quest did it for me after nothing else I tried did. Shalidor popped back up immediately, and I was able to find Valaste using the arrow marker (which relocated from where it was before.)
    This is all part of the game.
  • Nasuradin_ESO
    Nasuradin_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Yes as far as I have seen (from past threads) you need certain guild levels to trigger the quests