Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

cant decide on a class

neryth
neryth
Soul Shriven
Hello, I want to make a new character because i haven't played the game in a long time, but cant decide on a class, what is the best class right now? I would like to play a dps class but having the option to be a healer later on would be nice, I like to do both pve and pvp.

Thank you for reading.
  • alewis478b14_ESO
    alewis478b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Anything magicka based.

Warden, necro, templar.

Warden and necro will be solid if you stay DPS, not sure about templar.

Warden and Templar also strong healers. Necro's probably are fine as healer but I don't have any experience with them.
  • yRaven
    yRaven
    ✭✭✭✭
    Do a Magicka Templar, powerful DPS, amazing healer
    Jack of all trades. Master of at least one.
    -
    Àrës - Magicka Dragonknight (EP)
    Persephónē - Magicka Warden (EP)
    Athēna - Magicka Templar (EP)
    Hādēs - Magicka Necromancer (EP)
    Hërmës - Runner Troll (EP)
  • El_Borracho
    El_Borracho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    PVE and PVP DPS only? Probably stam necro.

PVE DPS and Healer? Either a Templar or Sorc, both magic.

All three? Probably Magplar. Seems to be the class most PVPers complain about at the moment
    Edited by El_Borracho on June 9, 2020 10:08PM
  • Mayrael
    Mayrael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PVE and PVP DPS only? Probably stam necro.

PVE DPS and Healer? Either a Templar or Sorc, both magic.

All three? Probably Magplar. Seems to be the class most PVPers complain about at the moment

Actually nope. PvP wise the most powerful classes are currently Stamcro, Stamden, Stamplar.

When you look something close to the top both PvE and PvP, magsorc and magplar are always good choices.

Avoid magnecro, magblade and to some extent stamblade and magdk.

Edit:
    And if you want to have more fluid transition between stamina and magicka pick Dunmer or Khajiit, their racial skills work equally good with both.
    Edited by Mayrael on June 12, 2020 5:46AM
    Say no to Toxic Casuals!
    I am doing my best, but I am not a native speaker, sorry.

"Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game." - @AlexanderDeLarge