Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Day / night cycle

CaptainTrips
CaptainTrips
✭✭
How long is the day / night cycle in ESO in real time hours? Thanks
  • Xezzu
    Xezzu
    ✭✭✭
    Approximately 3 hours, from what I understand. I haven't timed it myself, but by asking the same question as you, I have gotten that answer from several people. Sounds good to me =P
    We must all aspire to better ourselves, to better our person and to better our quality; but no matter how much better we become, no single one of us will ever be better than all of us combined.
  • k9mouse
    k9mouse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This one was thinking about 4 hours myself. This Khajiit wonders how long for the moons go threw their phrases or if they change at all doing the game? Does anyone know that?
  • Seraseth
    Seraseth
    ✭✭✭✭
    On a related note, any way to see what the in game time is?
  • k9mouse
    k9mouse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not sure about ingame time, but for the real world time -- it is on the map screen. This Khajiit would like to see the ingame time as well. May be add that as part of the map screen too along with the real time.
  • SeñorCinco
    SeñorCinco
    ✭✭✭✭
    Seraseth wrote: »
    I resort to using my character as a sundial.

Words contained in posts, at which point I stop reading and will not respond...
    Toon / Mana / WoW or any acronym following "In ___" /
    Pets (when referring to summoned Daedra) / Any verbiage to express slang (ie, ending in uz,az,..) / Soul Stone
    ... to be continued.

Now, get off my lawn.

• Xezzu
    Xezzu
    ✭✭✭
    Seraseth wrote: »

Not sure :( And being a typical man, I never ask anyone what time it is or ask for directions anywhere. You can almost be certain if you were to see me ingame, I am probably late for where I need to be and I have no clue how to get there.
    We must all aspire to better ourselves, to better our person and to better our quality; but no matter how much better we become, no single one of us will ever be better than all of us combined.
  • Leverz
    Leverz
    Soul Shriven
    And if you do not know what you have to do when you get there, you could be a manager of any sex.
  • Rajani Isa
    k9mouse wrote: »
    This one was thinking about 4 hours myself. This Khajiit wonders how long for the moons go threw their phrases or if they change at all doing the game? Does anyone know that?

As the spawning of the "infectious" in-game NPCs is apparently tied into the phases of the moon (New Moon = Vamps, Full = Weres), they change.

Apparently it's an 8 day cycle (roughly 1.5-2 days for full/No moon each, and transition times) based on a thread talking about becoming a werewolf.
  • alsaud_
    alsaud_
    5 hours day time
    1 hour 30 minutes night time
  • knifeintheribs
    I want to be a werewolf. When is the next Full moon? And, do you have to play for 3 continuous hours for the change to occur?
  • knifeintheribs
    I have the same question. I work so there is not a lot of time that I actually spend playing this, so is there a way that I could speed up this process? And when other characters bite you, does that have to be at the full moon, as well?
  • Reapersdead1
    Reapersdead1
    Soul Shriven
    I believe players can bite at anytime. So if you get infected from a friend it should work regardless of day/night aswell.
  • Kittytravel
    Kittytravel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I want to be a werewolf. When is the next Full moon? And, do you have to play for 3 continuous hours for the change to occur?

You can get bitten by rare NPC mobs or just ask a player. Usually free on PC if you wait for the right people.
    once you are a werewolf it is your ultimate and you need to fill it to use it. When transformed a "timer" bar will appear beneath your magicka bar. That's how long until the transformation comes undone.

There are ways to extend the bar but werewolf is never permanent.
  • Chrlynsch
    Chrlynsch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    *Sniff Sniff*

Caius stands over the Thread in his true Lycanthrop form, gazing at it as if in deep contemplation

Years ago Caius was chosen by Hircine to be his werewolf champion, many blessings were granted to Hircine's First Fang. One of the lesser known gifts is his enhanced sense of smell, usually this Blessing helps him track down his prey, but today it will help him bring a darker form of magic to its knees.

In the beginning when Hircine's transformations were new to Caius, he wasn't able to form complete thoughts without the beating of his oversized Wolf heart interrupt them, a drum of war driving his bloodrage, calling him to the hunt. Now after years of practiced calm of that of a seasoned hunting hound, there was nothing but clarity in the great beast's mind.

The distinct smell of rot and decay twisted by magical suspension usually means one of two things... Vampire... or in this case with the added hint of freshly turned soil... Necromancer... Caius thought

The Black Werewolf proped itself up on its hind legs let out a piercing Howl that shot past and resonated the tree trunks for miles around. Within moments a volley of echoing howls filled the night air, a noise that would make the bravest adventure's hair stand on end.

Tonight the pack Hunts a thread Necromancer.
    Caius
    Pack Leader of Scourge Alliance- First Fang of Hircine, The Beast of Bruma
    PC NA
  • JessPushToPlay
    JessPushToPlay
    ✭✭✭
    The night/day cycle is a bit hard to track until you write it down. USEP has a great clock for in-game time (it's the 1st time listed), link below.

I have noted that it's night time for my time (central standard time) between around 2pm - 4:30pm.

And it appears 1 hour (ESO time) = 15 min our time.

https://esoclock.uesp.net/
    PC & PS4 | NA