Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Give us Group Dueling and custom BG queue !!

Vara
Vara
✭✭✭
Please let us have the option to do group dueling !!! I want to build massive arenas for group battles. We also need more big open area houses like Cold Harbour Estate to build our arenas in.

Another idea is letting us have custom BG queues so we can get groups together and load into a BG map to fight against each other. There would be no system rewards, it would be strictly for fun and practice. We could have guild tournaments where people donate rewards and stuff like that also if we chose to just like housing/beauty contests etc.

This would add a HUGE amount of PVP depth to the game something that is lacking at the moment due to the removal of group bgs. This would solve the majority of the problem due to this being an MMO and we need more options to PVP together in an MMO not solo play - TEAM play!!

Do not limit the amount of groups that can battle. So we can make our own cryodiil style war.

Also introducing a open area house that we can buy or open area we can teleport to that has a big player limit of at least 48 so we could have 24 on 24 battles would be nice also.

EDIT: @idk had a good suggestion about being able to toggle pvp in your home. I love the idea
Edited by Vara on June 11, 2020 1:31AM
  • butterrum222
    butterrum222
    ✭✭✭
    *** yea!! Custom matches would be legit
  • Vara
    Vara
    ✭✭✭
    Any more ideas around this would be very appreciated !!
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The PvP home should allow group combat. However, BGs should never be custom as it takes away from the regular queue. If Zos were to add it there should be no rewards whatsoever, including no AP earned. To open to exploiting.
  • Vara
    Vara
    ✭✭✭
    idk wrote: »
    The PvP home should allow group combat. However, BGs should never be custom as it takes away from the regular queue. If Zos were to add it there should be no rewards whatsoever, including no AP earned. To open to exploiting.

I agree on the no rewards or ap for sure. I also like the idea of being able to enable pvp in your home. Most MMOs have an option to flag for pvp anywhere on the map outside of towns also.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vara wrote: »

I agree on the no rewards or ap for sure. I also like the idea of being able to enable pvp in your home. Most MMOs have an option to flag for pvp anywhere on the map outside of towns also.

Zos created a specific home for PvP. You should get it. I assume it was not a limited time.

And yes, SWTOR has a home specific to PvP as well, so this is common in other MMORPGs as you said. However, that is the only place group duels should occur if they ever do make it so, assuming it is not already the case in the PvP home. It should not be permitted in the open world.
  • Vara
    Vara
    ✭✭✭

Zos created a specific home for PvP. You should get it. I assume it was not a limited time.

And yes, SWTOR has a home specific to PvP as well, so this is common in other MMORPGs as you said. However, that is the only place group duels should occur if they ever do make it so, assuming it is not already the case in the PvP home. It should not be permitted in the open world.

REALLY??? There is a PVP home ??? I'm gonna check that out right now!!
  • Vara
    Vara
    ✭✭✭
    I can't tell if the house has group dueling or if it would just be the same 1v1 dueling setup
  • Ruder
    Ruder
    ✭✭✭✭
    Awesome Idea,
    Group dueling in PvP houses will be excellent addition.
  • Rewans
    Rewans
    ✭✭
    Ruder wrote: »
    Awesome Idea,

Shame... in a online game the players can not play bg together and now they (including me...) talking about ideas, and minor trash solutions about how to solve/fix the basics of the online game philosophy what the developers messed up so they can pvp again with their friends...
    The house group duel is not a bad idea... thumbs up, and everything, yeah ofc i would try it...
    But still...
    Its like when you say it to the child that he can never ride his bicycle again, so he start to play with a wheelbarrow...

Give back Group / Duo or some kind of que. The chat system is colorful, and nice, but in a online game I would prefer if I could actually play with my friends, not just chat with em.
  • Vara
    Vara
    ✭✭✭
    Rewans wrote: »
    Ruder wrote: »
    Awesome Idea,

Shame... in a online game the players can not play bg together and now they (including me...) talking about ideas, and minor trash solutions about how to solve/fix the basics of the online game philosophy what the developers messed up so they can pvp again with their friends...
    The house group duel is not a bad idea... thumbs up, and everything, yeah ofc i would try it...
    But still...
    Its like when you say it to the child that he can never ride his bicycle again, so he start to play with a wheelbarrow...

Give back Group / Duo or some kind of que. The chat system is colorful, and nice, but in a online game I would prefer if I could actually play with my friends, not just chat with em.

Most def, very well said.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can't tell if the house has group dueling or if it would just be the same 1v1 dueling setup

I do not know. I just know it exists. It would make sense that people could group up and have two groups go at it.
  • Nick_Balza
    Nick_Balza
    ✭✭✭
    I agree and have started preparations. Atm I have casual dueling club with arena and stuff for friends I am playing with. So, I am just looking for people who interested in different sorts of PvP and dueling. When enough of people will be in the guild, we could make weekly rewards/prizes for best duelists or some other nominations.

GM of small social/casual guild Bar Indoril Nalivayka
    PC - EU. @NickBalza
    Nick Balza - Magicka Nightblade
    John Skellan - Stamina Nightblade (Vampire/Crafter/Bowtard)
    Roland Maybelline - Stamina Templar
    Willow The Firestarter - Magicka DK
    Alexander Veidt - Stamina Necromancer
    Chris Maxwell - Magicka Necromancer (Healer)
    Genevieve Diedonne - Stamina Sorc
    The Beckett - Stamina DK/Werewolf
    Mira Giovanni - Magicka Nightblade (Healer\Tank)

• Rewans
    Rewans
    ✭✭
    Nick_Balza wrote: »
    I agree and have started preparations. Atm I have casual dueling club with arena and stuff for friends I am playing with. So, I am just looking for people who interested in different sorts of PvP and dueling. When enough of people will be in the guild, we could make weekly rewards/prizes for best duelists or some other nominations.

The only sad part is we can not make this happen without the developers support, and it looks like they dont gv a s about players who would play with their friends... nice online game feature...

Even if we build guild houses for pvp, and so on, even if we let go the "traps in pvp house idea" as I know we can not make the CP differences fair. The developers should make it possible to give a option for the house owner so he/she can modify it in the setting like the house is CP, or no CP or something like this... I dont know... If we rly want to head for this unbelievable sad solution so we can play with our friends, this CP/no CP option is the bare minimum what we need from the developers side.

Side note:
    If they make this option possible without a group/duo que than its nothing else than a proof of ignorance. With this they would admit 2 thing: "yes the players want, but can not play together", and "yes the game is not fitt for a ONLINE game". Both true without a question, but its hard to see things with blindfold.
  • Nick_Balza
    Nick_Balza
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, dude, you are absolutely right with everything you said.
    As for me, bg worked much better, when there was group a queue. I didn't see any problem, when team is trying to do activity, which was designed for teams of 4 memebers. Working in group allows even low skilled casual players take the victory through tactics and strategy. There was a point in classes like tank or healer. Today they are useless.

Thing am I doing is trying to gather PvP casual players and newbies for development proper dueling rules/rewards (for everyone). In addition, structured and organized PvP community is able to bring the point better to devs about what people want.

GM of small social/casual guild Bar Indoril Nalivayka
    PC - EU. @NickBalza
    Nick Balza - Magicka Nightblade
    John Skellan - Stamina Nightblade (Vampire/Crafter/Bowtard)
    Roland Maybelline - Stamina Templar
    Willow The Firestarter - Magicka DK
    Alexander Veidt - Stamina Necromancer
    Chris Maxwell - Magicka Necromancer (Healer)
    Genevieve Diedonne - Stamina Sorc
    The Beckett - Stamina DK/Werewolf
    Mira Giovanni - Magicka Nightblade (Healer\Tank)