Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

(Xbox) NA Gray Host Gotta Stop The Scroll Glitching

IEatCivics
IEatCivics
✭✭✭
Hoping that some video of the scroll glitching being done will help ZoS stop it from happening. It's Reds glitching it out of Yellow keep in Gray host XBox NA. Cheers to everyone who plays legit on all factions.

[snip]

[Edited to remove Naming and Shaming]
Edited by ZOS_ConnorG on June 9, 2020 4:00PM
  • Mr_Walker
    Mr_Walker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    People have no values. Only yesterday I spawned into a newly unflagged glademist only to spawn in dead with a bunch of reds camping the spawn point.

Cheats gonna cheat I suppose.
  • IEatCivics
    IEatCivics
    ✭✭✭
    Embarrassing to exploit a game and still get last place in a campaign. GG
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Most of that video seems to be nothing but someone's PvP fights. It is even set to music as though it is intended to be entertainment. I really doubt Zos is going to watch all seven minutes of that video to discover what you are trying to show them. You can always provide this unedited version as well as one that is edited so they can can get to the point while also being able to see you are not using digital editing magic.
  • SRASinister
    SRASinister
    ✭✭✭
    Was that really a scroll glitch or was that the timer ran out on the scroll? Sometimes groups like to farm the scrolls a little too long and just resets since it doesn't look like it was an ep scroll anyways? More than scroll glitches I think they need to look at hammer glitches. Other than a certain group getting it and using it for a lot more than normal, we encountered one last night where we killed blue hammer who didn't have it long, and then as soon as we got hammer it reset people back to character select screens without hammer as well. It's just been weird inside of pvp lately.
    Xbox One NA: Sins of Daemons
  • Kadoin
    Kadoin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    How do you know they had intent to glitch the scroll? Glitches happen in PvP all the time, and from what I have seen alliances rarely don't take advantage of them when they do...
  • DTAmoral
    DTAmoral
    ✭✭✭✭
    Its funny that this comes from AD calling out EP, All you ever see in the EP Zone chat is them yelling and crying that AD is glitching the scrolls.

I am not an expert, and the people above me are somewhat correct as to what is happening.

Sometimes, Somehow if you die while picking up the scroll at the perfect moment you can spawn up at a keep with the scroll. The last time I recall this happening on our end (EP) was like 2 weeks ago. Yellows flooded the Scroll room and suicided on the scroll, and someone got lucky enough to pull the glitch off, they spawned at BRK with the scroll and took it south.

Was it intentional? You cant really prove it if it was.. is this glitch real? On Xbox NA servers it is.
    Xbox NA - EP
    Team Rocket's Finest Support
    We are recruiting! Use below link for recruitment!
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/577520/team-rocket-ebonheart-pvp-guild#latest
  • JayKwellen
    JayKwellen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @DTAmoral Yeah it's definitely real on XBNA. I've seen it done more times than I can even remember, by every faction.

I think a lot of AD cry about it because late at night there's one particular EP, a certain trolly tank (not the one whose name is that of a certain type of butterfly) who usually has a small zerg following him around trying to kill him, who does this regularly, or at least used to (didn't see him too much this last campaign though).

But you know what? I can deal with that I guess. Gross as it is, It's not like it happens all the time anyway, and often it truly is an accident. I even had it happen to me once a while back. I hit an immovable and went for the scroll when it was dropped in the field outside BM. I promptly got blown up, quickly rezed at the keep to try and get back to the fight and only after realized the scroll was glitched on me. That was a fun realization.

What I can't deal with though is people taking the scroll from the temple even when the gates are closed and it's "unable to be picked up". I've literally witnessed, like literally with my own eyes, this same EP tank picking up the scroll even when the gate was closed and the scroll was "unable to be picked up". A rather elaborate ordeal involving dying multiple times in the scroll temple while attempting to pick it up, being healed/rezed by others, and I think a necro res was involved too. However it happened dude still brazenly and purposefully broke the game mechanics.

The whole AD server reported him that night to ZOS and you know what happened? Nothing. That was also not coincidentally the same time I stopped caring. I mean, if ZOS doesn't care that people exploit and cheat in their game, why should I?
    Xbox NA - JaeKwellen
    AD PvP
    Trying to main a magcro. This is awful.
  • DTAmoral
    DTAmoral
    ✭✭✭✭
    JayKwellen wrote: »
    @JayKwellen if ZOS doesn't care that people exploit and cheat in their game, why should I?

I agree.. I assume we are referring to the player whos name matches the Shield Wall Morph? If so, yeah hes gonna do whatever he wants and there wont be any repercussions for him, def a really big troll of all 3 alliances lol (But he does tank very well). ZOS doesnt care about PvP lol we are left to fend for ourselves.
    Xbox NA - EP
    Team Rocket's Finest Support
    We are recruiting! Use below link for recruitment!
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/577520/team-rocket-ebonheart-pvp-guild#latest
  • JayKwellen
    JayKwellen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DTAmoral wrote: »
    @DTAmoral
    I agree.. I assume we are referring to the player whos name matches the Shield Wall Morph? If so, yeah hes gonna do whatever he wants and there wont be any repercussions for him, def a really big troll of all 3 alliances lol (But he does tank very well). ZOS doesnt care about PvP lol we are left to fend for ourselves.

Indeed that's the one lol. Honestly at this point I just think he's hilarious actually. Watching him facetank a 24 man is always interesting at least.

But yeah, I'm noticing that for sure. I haven't even been an ESO player for that long even (started in Dragonhold), but it's something I've for sure picked up on. That and the...interesting decisions of the combat team. Plus I main a magblade, so I might be developing a slight bitterness too. Unfortunately the disease has taken hold so despite all this I'm still terminally addicted to ESO/Cyrodiil now lol
    Xbox NA - JaeKwellen
    AD PvP
    Trying to main a magcro. This is awful.
  • max_only
    max_only
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    JayKwellen wrote: »

But you know what? I can deal with that I guess. Gross as it is, It's not like it happens all the time anyway, and often it truly is an accident. I even had it happen to me once a while back. I hit an immovable and went for the scroll when it was dropped in the field outside BM. I promptly got blown up, quickly rezed at the keep to try and get back to the fight and only after realized the scroll was glitched on me. That was a fun realization.

On console? This happens on console? I’m shocked! Shocked I say! /s
    #FiteForYourRite Bosmer = Stealth
    #OppositeResourceSiphoningAttacks
    || CP 1000+ || PC/NA || GUILDS: LWH; IA; CH; XA
    ""All gods' creatures (you lot) are equal when covered in A1 sauce"" -- Old Bosmeri Wisdom
  • Mr_Walker
    Mr_Walker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    You have to bear in mind, if someone is cheating one way, there's an excellent chance they're cheating in other ways.