The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

In game chat issue

x0drkghost0x
x0drkghost0x
Soul Shriven
I know this isn't new, not in the slighest, but this is what I experienced today.

In game chat was working when I first logged in this morning at 5AM Seoul, Korea time. I had to log out to go move my car. After a small break, I logged back in and area chat loaded and stated participants 0. I saw the same in my guild chats as well. I tried fast traveling, changing characters, and the below steps:

- Verified NAT as open
- dash boarded the game and re-launched
- cleared the Xbox cache
- deleted the ESO local saved data

My Xbox One X is in the DMZ of my router, so no port forwarding is necessary. Even after all the troubleshooting, it still didn't stop. Are there any other steps I missed, because I used your troubleshooting method that gave me zero results.
Xbox NA CP 955:
Alchemy - PvE Magicka NB 25K DPS
Daro Do - PvE Stamina NB 25K DPS

PC NA CP 300:
Gortheb On - PvE Magicka NB
Daro Do - PvE Stamina NB LvL 35
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @x0drkghost0x

You have went through the recommended troubleshooting for the issue with in-game chat. At this point we recommend opening a ticket with customer support for further help.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • x0drkghost0x
    x0drkghost0x
    Soul Shriven
    ZOS_BillE wrote: »
    @x0drkghost0x

You have went through the recommended troubleshooting for the issue with in-game chat. At this point we recommend opening a ticket with customer support for further help.

I found the issue. It's due to the fact I stream my Xbox to my PC. In doing so, my Streamlabs OBS software took exclusive control over my mic and my Xbox app could not use my mic. This made the Xbox think there were no valid mics so that when I entered voice chat, it would show participants 0 each time. After changing the settings in Windows 10 I was able to use my onboard mic to both stream to Twitch and talk in game chat.

The reason this isn't covered in your troubleshooting steps is because of the nature of my setup. It's kinda uncommon.
    Xbox NA CP 955:
    Alchemy - PvE Magicka NB 25K DPS
    Daro Do - PvE Stamina NB 25K DPS

PC NA CP 300:
    Gortheb On - PvE Magicka NB
    Daro Do - PvE Stamina NB LvL 35
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @x0drkghost0x

Thank you for the information on your setup and what resolved the issue. Since the problem is now resolved, we are going to close this thread.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.