Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Ability Bar Swap -Same weapon load out

Austin.Swiftb14_ESO
Can you change your abilities while keeping your weapons? I am a dedicated tank but want to swap out abilities to better fit situations. I can't find a way to do this and don't want to have two different swords and shields just to do this.
  • Lalai
    Lalai
    ✭✭✭✭
    If you use the exact same type of weapon yes, but not the exact same weapon, if that makes sense. Basically you need two weapons, so the second can be an exact duplicate if you want it to be, and have a second one of it, but you can't use one weapon to get two different ability sets.
    Fisher extraordinaire!
    Send me your worms, crawlers, guts, and insect parts.
    Templar Healer
    Daggerfall Covenant, NA
  • Shaun98ca2
    Shaun98ca2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry but Weapon Swap requires 2 different weapons whether your keeping the same weapon(+shield) type the same.

Maybe just change the weapon as well. Sword and Board tanking is really only needed for single target focus on bosses. When tanking trash your better off with more AOE and higher DPS maybe a 2 hander or dual wield.

2 hander cleave gives a damage shield.
  • Lynx7386
    Lynx7386
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you're wanting sword and shield with two action bars, you'll need two swords and two shields (one set for each hotbar). That will allow you to keep your weapon setup the same while changing abilities.
    PS4 / NA
    M'asad - Khajiit Nightblade - Healer
    Pakhet - Khajiit Dragonknight - Tank
    Raksha - Khajiit Sorcerer - Stamina DPS
    Bastet - Khajiit Templar - Healer
    Leonin - Khajiit Warden - Tank