The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Calling BS...3 cards in a crate were mimic stones

alewis478b14_ESO
alewis478b14_ESO
✭✭✭
three of my items in my last crate were mimic stones. I know rng and all that but this shouldn't happen and will certainly make me stop buying them
  • driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I brought this up on the announcement article, when crates were first introduced. It stated every crate's content would be of greater value in crowns than the cost of the crate. As you see, this is not true. (It's one reason I never buy crates.)

https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/25871
    Second paragraph.

If it matters to you. Send in a support ticket, politely worded, with this article linked, section copied, and screenshot of the crate if you have it, and see if they'll give you a replacement crate. Can't hurt to ask, just takes a little effort.
    Main: Drio Azul ~ DC, Redguard, Healer/Magicka Templar ~ NA-PC
    ●The Psijic Order●The Sidekick Order●Great House Hlaalu●Bal-Busters●
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I know I get all sorts of drops from Twitch and preview crates, and if they are meant to sell me into buying crates, they have had the opposite effect.
  • TropicsDelight
    TropicsDelight
    ✭✭✭
    According to

https://www.crowncrates.com/gloomspore

That should not be possible.

You sure it was a Gloomspore and not an Oroborous?

I have gotten 4/4 mimic stones in an Oroborous once. Funny enough they are the only gemmable items I am holding onto atm as I might find very rare mat master crafting writ that can use them for. Given some legendary writs can give you enough writ tokens to buy a whole motif book the tradeoff might not be horrible.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The crates are not player-friendly as you are not choosing what you get but leaving it up to a dice roll with the more desirable items having a low drop rate.

By purchasing crown crates players are specifically supporting such a mechanic and telling Zos that they should continue with offering these crown crates.
  • TropicsDelight
    TropicsDelight
    ✭✭✭
    idk wrote: »
    The crates are not player-friendly as you are not choosing what you get but leaving it up to a dice roll with the more desirable items having a low drop rate.

To be perfectly honest that is how RPG's have worked since RPG's became a thing. There is a reason D&D had about a million different dice needed to play the game. They all worked on RNG (dice) back when the games were book and paper based.

ESO followed what WOW did, who followed what EQ did, who followed what the text based online games were doing, who basically created a computer version of D&D with computer generated dice rolls.
  • dhboy123
    dhboy123
    ✭✭✭✭
    News just in. Crown crates are a money grab.
  • MagicalLija
    MagicalLija
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    dhboy123 wrote: »
    News just in. Crown crates are a money grab.

Naaaa they're a surprise mechanic
  • Scion_of_Yggdrasil
    Scion_of_Yggdrasil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Crown crates = bad. Spread the word. Lol
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    idk wrote: »

To be perfectly honest that is how RPG's have worked since RPG's became a thing. There is a reason D&D had about a million different dice needed to play the game. They all worked on RNG (dice) back when the games were book and paper based.

Yes, but 999,995 of them were just fancy d20 dice. :smile:
    Crown crates = bad. Spread the word. Lol

Spreading the word has been tried. Heck, I am a charter member of PAWS and probably the #1 person on the planet in terms of free unopened Crown Crates (I have never opened one on Live in the 1280 days since they were rolled out)

You can lead a horse to water, but he still buys Crown Crates because he wants shiny Apex mount.

PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Scion_of_Yggdrasil
    Scion_of_Yggdrasil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Elsonso I'm unfamiliar with PAWS. Curious, if you could enlighten me? When I googled it I was finding a lot of local animal related businesses lol.

Trust me, I've been very vocal myself. Not just with ESO, either. I've ranted once before here.

*old geezer voice* Back in my day, games were complete when you purchased them. Everything extra was unlocked by, you know, playing the game...

Now? There exists exclusive content that can only be purchased obtained by gambling your real life money. Its gambling from the comfort of your couch, all disguised as getting cool content from a video-game. Some might say that's an extreme way of putting it, but... if the shoe fits.
    Oh, but I'm being unreasonable because technically its not gambling, because you are buying the second in-game currency: crowns... you spend said currency for a chance to get content you desire, but you will still be getting content no matter what, and that makes it okay... and don't fret! Keep it up and maybe you will get enough of the third in-game currency to purchase what you wanted to begin with...

Mind you, I still love ESO, but worry about the practices I see in this game and others. I guess my passion comes from wanting to shed light on a controversial gaming practice that is being normalized. Each new generation of gamers can only see how things are. In fact, with micro transactions in mobile games, our youth are being PREPPED for this kind of thing. True, it is a different time, and nothing is free, but how far is too far?
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Elsonso I'm unfamiliar with PAWS. Curious, if you could enlighten me? When I googled it I was finding a lot of local animal related businesses lol.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff)
    This was the original anti-loot-crate group. :smile: Named by @SantieClaws
    You can still see this in signatures around the forum. I rotate through stuff in my signature and am not using it right now.

I took it one step further and, so far, have decided not to even open the free crates that we get for promotions, samples, and for watching streams. I had around 300 going into 2019 and am just shy of 400 right now. I might be over 400, but I can't check on PS4 to see if I have collected any there in the last year.

The main reason to not open them is disappointment. Right now, I have almost 400 crates of wonderful stuff, each with an Apex mount, if not a Radiant Apex mount, pets, and all manner of goodies. Once opened, all of that goes away, and all that is left is the realization that my crates were not filled with wonderful things, even if my pockets are filled with cheap gems.
    Edited by Elsonso on June 3, 2020 9:26PM
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Scion_of_Yggdrasil
    Scion_of_Yggdrasil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Elsonso wrote: »

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff)
    This was the original anti-loot-crate group. :smile: Named by @SantieClaws
    You can still see this in signatures around the forum. I rotate through stuff in my signature and am not using it right now.

I took it one step further and, so far, have decided not to even open the free crates that we get for promotions, samples, and for watching streams. I had around 300 going into 2019 and am just shy of 400 right now. I might be over 400, but I can't check on PS4 to see if I have collected any there in the last year.

The main reason to not open them is disappointment. Right now, I have almost 400 crates of wonderful stuff, each with an Apex mount, if not a Radiant Apex mount, pets, and all manner of goodies. Once opened, all of that goes away, and all that is left is the realization that my crates were not filled with wonderful things, even if my pockets are filled with cheap gems.

I admire your moral conviction. That gloomspore memento... it practically seduced me into buying just a feeeeew more crown crates, since the free ones I had didnt give me enough gems to purchase it. And of course... I didn't get it from the crates. Thank goodness I have these xp scrolls and poisons though...
  • Dusk_Coven
    Dusk_Coven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    three of my items in my last crate were mimic stones. I know rng and all that but this shouldn't happen and will certainly make me stop buying them

How many stones did you get and what was their separate value in Crowns? Did you get anything else?
    I'm curious to know what the net Crown value was because of this:
    driosketch wrote: »
    I brought this up on the announcement article, when crates were first introduced. It stated every crate's content would be of greater value in crowns than the cost of the crate.

• alewis478b14_ESO
    alewis478b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Dusk_Coven wrote: »

How many stones did you get and what was their separate value in Crowns? Did you get anything else?
    I'm curious to know what the net Crown value was because of this:
    driosketch wrote: »
    I brought this up on the announcement article, when crates were first introduced. It stated every crate's content would be of greater value in crowns than the cost of the crate.

Three mimic stones and a poison is what I received. I don't recall how many are in stack nor do I know their crown value. I know I have zero use for them.