The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Best Add-ons for Beginner

GenjiraX
GenjiraX
✭✭✭✭✭
Hello.

I'm new to PC (both ESO and Windows) and I don't really know where to start with add-ons. I've perused the forum but quickly lose track of what's what, especially with abbreviations, when everyone seems to know what everyone is else is talking about.

Would anyone be kind enough to recommend some useful add-ons to start me off? I don't want anything that affects combat. I'm more interesting in trading aids, crafting support, inventory management - what you might call the more administrative side of the game.

Thanks in advance.
Edited by GenjiraX on June 6, 2020 1:44PM

Best Answers

• Sephyr
    Sephyr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Potion Maker and Craft Store are both some must haves. Be sure to install their prerequisites as well.
    Answer ✓
  • Glaiceana
    Glaiceana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Inventory Insight, this is great for keeping track of every item you have across all characters.
    Lazy Writ Crafter, literally so amazing, for saving time.
    Advanced filters, gives you more options to sort your inventory.
    Arkadius Trade Tools for trading.
    Priests of Hircine
    Werewolves who bite for FREE! PC/EU
    Our total free bites: 7000+
    Guild Subreddit | Forum Thread | YouTube Playlist
    Total Champion Points: 1000+
    Main Character: Ithaera - Stam DK, Nord, Female, DD, Werewolf.
    Rothelnog - Stam NB, Orc, Male, DD, Werewolf.
    J'Xena - Mag DK, Khajiit, Female, DD, Werewolf.
    Dances-With-Frost-Dragons - DK, Argonian, Male, Tank, Werewolf.
    Raziel The Paradox - Mag TP, Dark Elf, Male, DD, Vampire.
    Swims-Through-Starlight - TP, Argonian, Female, Healer, Werewolf.
    Glaicean Mag Ward, High Elf, Male, Ice DD, Werewolf.
    Hjurne Hircine's Forsaken - Sorc, Redguard, Male, PvP DD, Werewolf.
    My Total Free Werewolf Bites: 400+ (Ask me about bites if you need one!)
    Playing since July 2015!
    Answer ✓
  • Chilly-McFreeze
    Chilly-McFreeze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Pixel Perfect - no more burning mouse wheels while searching your inventory

E: oopsie - "Perfect Pixel" is the name
    Edited by Chilly-McFreeze on June 6, 2020 2:27PM
    Answer ✓
  • Ghanima_Atreides
    Ghanima_Atreides
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't know if this is something you'd consider too intrusive/cheaty, but it's a must-have for me (and for completionists in general, I think): Map Pins. It reveals important locations on the map, including world bosses, skyshards, books...and it's modular, so you can enable/disable what you want to see. I couldn't imagine levelling Mages Guild or hunting skyshards without it.
    Edited by Ghanima_Atreides on June 6, 2020 3:01PM
    [The Beauty of Tamriel] My collection of ESO screenshots

Show me a completely smooth operation and I'll show you someone who's covering mistakes. Real boats rock.
    Answer ✓
  • Ghanima_Atreides
    Ghanima_Atreides
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just thought of another one - Minimap. There are several, personally I use Vortan's. It makes navigating easier without constantly pulling up the big map, especially while trying to track down something in a small area or trying to stick to the road.

Show me a completely smooth operation and I'll show you someone who's covering mistakes. Real boats rock.
    Answer ✓
  • Sephyr
    Sephyr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    GenjiraX wrote: »
    I've picked one more or less at random to see if I can learn how the whole thing works - Inventory Insight. On the esoui site it says Inventory Insight needs LibStub but the LibStub page says, "LibStub was replaced by features in the game and won't be updated anymore! ... ask the author to remove it."

Does that mean I don't need to install LibStub?

I'd probably still install it just in case. I currently have it in there and it hasn't been bothering anything this patch. There could be a point in time when the author of Inventory Insight takes it out though.

Also, I'd recommend the app Minion once you get all the addons you want that way updating them is just a simple individual click with each addon that needs updating.
    Answer ✓
  • GenjiraX
    GenjiraX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Brilliant - thanks!
  • GenjiraX
    GenjiraX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've picked one more or less at random to see if I can learn how the whole thing works - Inventory Insight. On the esoui site it says Inventory Insight needs LibStub but the LibStub page says, "LibStub was replaced by features in the game and won't be updated anymore! ... ask the author to remove it."

• Ghanima_Atreides
    Ghanima_Atreides
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    GenjiraX wrote: »

No, you do need it. And if it isn't updated to the latest API version, you need to open the .txt file yourself and do it (or enable Out of Date Addons, which usually works but can give errors if the addon is no longer compatible). The latest API number is 100031

Edit: I forgot about Minion, since I don't use it. It's probably simpler that way.
    Edited by Ghanima_Atreides on June 6, 2020 3:41PM

• GenjiraX
    GenjiraX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do add-ons increase load times? It seems to have gone a bit crazy. I checked all the libraries were in place before loading a character. I have II, Lazy Writ Crafter, Alchemy and Provisioning Crafting so far.

EDIT:

Ok, I'm addicted. I think the loading screen was stuck in infinity mode. I restarted the game and it went in fine. That crafting writ add-on is wicked.

Thanks to everyone who helped me out:
    @Sephyr, @Glaiceana, @Chilly-McFreeze and @Ghanima_Atreides.
    Edited by GenjiraX on June 6, 2020 6:58PM