The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Arx Corinium on vet is too easy even for a non dlc?

MaxJrFTW
MaxJrFTW
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
Mechanics that used to kill people not long ago are doing little to no dmg. I just did it with a PuG for the pledge and nobody dropped below 90% the whole time.

The one boss with the snake that casts some sort of bubble you have to stand in to avoid taking dmg, well you don't take dmg at all now if you're outside the bubble. The boss right after the bridge used to do a lot of dmg to people that stood in the middle of its AOE, not anymore. The last boss used to do a decent amount of dmg as well when people stood in the electrified water, or when they stood in the little islands during the quake mechanic.

Pretty sure there's something wrong with the dungeon because even FG1 has mechanics that kill people.
"I don't know you, and I don't care to know you."
―Ulrich Leland, 3E 433
  • OG_Kaveman
    OG_Kaveman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    people stood in the electrified water

that is what you are suppose to do on that boss, or else the boss gets a shield.
  • MaxJrFTW
    MaxJrFTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    OG_Kaveman wrote: »

that is what you are suppose to do on that boss, or else the boss gets a shield.

1st, this is false. 2nd, this is not the point of the thread. Standing in the electric water did a lot of dmg before, it's doing nothing now.
    ―Ulrich Leland, 3E 433
  • kylewwefan
    kylewwefan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Why would you want to make stuff harder? Just clear out your CP or run through it naked or something.

I pug a lot and don’t want any dungeon made any harder than they already are. That’s not gonna help anything.

If the devs want to make a hardmode start from the beginning of dungeon instead of just last boss, that might pacify this craving for more challenging content.

But as it stands now, I see no reason to go make things harder because someone finds something too easy.

And Arx Corinium? Remember when that last boss used to get loose and clap someone? Stun lock you down, one shot you. Oh yeah, she still can do that. Taunt is more like a guideline than a rule for her.

Once every attempt through there can get a speed run, hard mode, and no death...then maybe difficulty adjustment could be something worth looking into.

But that’s not gonna happen.

Because I do pug a lot.

And most groups aren’t that great.

But congratulations for reaching the level where Vanilla Dungeons seem too easy! It’s great isn’t it? Knowing that we’re gonna get an easy 4 keys. More XP that have not much use for. A nifty Monster Helmet. And hopefully some purple jewelry to de-con for more worthy mats.
  • Raudgrani
    Raudgrani
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What's with all these "too easy" threads as of late? Sounding like little kids trying to act big. It's one of the first dungeons you unlock, just leave it. There are more demanding content, and as long as there is you should be fine. I sometimes run it with group finder, and you can be pretty sure that some dude always dies anyway. Just because it's easy for you, doesn't mean it is for everyone.
  • MaxJrFTW
    MaxJrFTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    kylewwefan wrote: »
    Why would you want to make stuff harder? Just clear out your CP or run through it naked or something.

I pug a lot and don’t want any dungeon made any harder than they already are. That’s not gonna help anything.

If the devs want to make a hardmode start from the beginning of dungeon instead of just last boss, that might pacify this craving for more challenging content.

But as it stands now, I see no reason to go make things harder because someone finds something too easy.

And Arx Corinium? Remember when that last boss used to get loose and clap someone? Stun lock you down, one shot you. Oh yeah, she still can do that. Taunt is more like a guideline than a rule for her.

Once every attempt through there can get a speed run, hard mode, and no death...then maybe difficulty adjustment could be something worth looking into.

Because I do pug a lot.

But congratulations for reaching the level where Vanilla Dungeons seem too easy! It’s great isn’t it? Knowing that we’re gonna get an easy 4 keys. More XP that have not much use for. A nifty Monster Helmet. And hopefully some purple jewelry to de-con for more worthy mats.

Because i play video games for fun, and mobs falling over dead the moment you have a look at them isn't fun. And veteran dungeons where you can ignore every mechanic and still take 0 dmg isn't fun.

Literally every Arx Corinium run is a hard mode, no death, speed run. No exceptions...If you're dying in this dungeon you should uninstall the game and find a different hobby.
    Edited by MaxJrFTW on May 5, 2020 12:05PM
    ―Ulrich Leland, 3E 433
  • Eso101rus
    Eso101rus
    ✭✭✭✭
    MaxJrFTW wrote: »

Because I do pug a lot.

Because i play video games for fun, and mobs falling over dead the moment you have a look at them isn't fun. And veteran dungeons where you can ignore every mechanic and still take 0 dmg isn't fun.

Literally every Arx Corinium run is a hard mode, no death, speed run. No exceptions...If you're dying in this dungeon you should uninstall the game and find a different hobby.

Whilst you find it easy, there are some that will still struggle. If you find this easy why not go and do harder dungeons instead. Zos’s focus should be on fixing broken aspects of this game and not just rebalancing old content as some find it too easy. I levelled a new tank this weekend, believe me there are plenty of newer players coming who will not find that place easy for a long time.
  • H3rBie
    H3rBie
    ✭✭✭
    almost every non dlc 4 ppl dungeon is easy asf once you have reached endgame lvl tbh. if u want more difficulty then try to solo them or go in as 2 man group... works also for some dlc ones xD
  • sudaki_eso
    sudaki_eso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    veteran dungeons where you can ignore every mechanic and still take 0 dmg isn't fun.

did you tried what Kyle was suggesting?

because of this:
    H3rBie wrote: »
    almost every non dlc 4 ppl dungeon is easy asf once you have reached endgame lvl tbh. if u want more difficulty then try to solo them or go in as 2 man group... works also for some dlc ones xD
    PS4 EU - StamDK
  • karekiz
    karekiz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Pretty sure there's something wrong with the dungeon because even FG1 has mechanics that kill people.

I don't get the outcome here.

Buff Arx? Why bother wasting time?
  • mobicera
    mobicera
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OG_Kaveman wrote: »

1st, this is false. 2nd, this is not the point of the thread. Standing in the electric water did a lot of dmg before, it's doing nothing now.

Its actually not quite false
    Not everyone needs to be in the water but if the tank can hold her on the edge of the land just in the water she in fact does not have a shield, then the 3 dps stand on the land behind her and the fight is even easier and quicker...
    She still screams at random people and decides to chase them at times but will come back...eventually...

On point though its base game vet...
    Pug more, not everyone clears base game with one hand tied behind there back...
    It's fine seek your challenge outside of base game.
    Try dlc one run trifectas
    Much more interesting, lol
  • Eifleber
    Eifleber
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Raudgrani wrote: »
    What's with all these "too easy" threads as of late? Sounding like little kids trying to act big.
    It's one of the first dungeons you unlock, just leave it.
    We are talking about the veteran version.

I agree with OP. Monsters/bosses just do no damage, they are punch bags with a lot of hp.

Playing since dec 2019 | PC EU
  • Kurat
    Kurat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Some dungeons should be easy. Playerbase has huge power creep, its good to have something for every skill level. If you find base game dungeons too easy, do dlc ones. I pug alot of vet dlc dungeons and half the group's struggle, and 90% doesn't even attempt hard modes. So you cant say that the game is too easy like many threads lately claim.
  • Katahdin
    Katahdin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There was a time when that dungeon wasnt easy.

Its easy to a CP810, fully geared, malestrom weapons, food, pots and a working rotation.
    Ive had pug groups of those that melted everything in a second.

I have seen lower level (yet high enough level to enter) pugs without all the bling and knowledge die on that boss.
    Beta tester November 2013
  • Danksta
    Danksta
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Everything is face roll easy for someone.
    BawKinTackWarDs PS4/NA

• SirLeeMinion
    SirLeeMinion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've completed that vet dungeon solo quickly and with no deaths, and I've also been killed by the final boss as a DPS in a group of four. It's fine.
  • Lisutaris
    Lisutaris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mechanics that used to kill people not long ago are doing little to no dmg. I just did it with a PuG for the pledge and nobody dropped below 90% the whole time.

The one boss with the snake that casts some sort of bubble you have to stand in to avoid taking dmg, well you don't take dmg at all now if you're outside the bubble. The boss right after the bridge used to do a lot of dmg to people that stood in the middle of its AOE, not anymore. The last boss used to do a decent amount of dmg as well when people stood in the electrified water, or when they stood in the little islands during the quake mechanic.

FG 1 wants to have a talk with you again.....

1*euZ5f7HPMjmoLIPwZd0C6g.gif
  • dhboy123
    dhboy123
    ✭✭✭✭
    You really think with all the crap ZOS have to fix at the moment they are going to go out of their way to go and change the mechanics in a 5 year old dungeon to make it harder for casuals?

They can barely optimise their game to run properly, this is probably 999th on their list.

Lol.
    Edited by dhboy123 on June 5, 2020 5:43AM
  • phileunderx2
    phileunderx2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's very easy if your group stays close and burns the boss at the end. Not so much if one group member decides to stay ranged.
  • BaiterOfZergs
    BaiterOfZergs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I solod this dungeon on vet last night on my stam sorc , while it is easy to me I also think easy is subjective. So other people might have trouble with it.
    Zerg of House Smallscale, First of his name, wielder of Volendrung, battleground hero, Cyrodiil butcher, the swifft footed, OG of the Templars and first pvpers, defender of scrolls and baiter of zergs.
  • Calypso589
    Calypso589
    ✭✭✭

Because I do pug a lot.

It's a base game dungeon.

Go and three-DPS veteran Depths of Malatar HM before you start swingin your big boi gamer cred everywhere.

Arx Corinium on ANY difficulty is a dungeon that just about everyone, at some point, progresses out of.

It's by design.

Literally go do something harder. lol
  • StarOfElyon
    StarOfElyon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I want Arx Corinium II. Finish it, ZOS! :D
  • Magdalina
    Magdalina
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Ran it last night for the first time in a while, tbh I was surprised. I mean I know it's a base game dungeon, but I honestly thought I must've mistakenly queued for normal. The screaming boss with pet snake? I am a squishy as hell magicka dps, I had full Thrassian debuff by then (40% incoming dmg buff, 40% incoming heal reduction, 40% shield reduction), I had no outside healing whatsoever (our healer was in fact a dps), only Surge, I consciously didn't go to the bubble wondering what'd happen and...nothing. Didn't notice any extra damage whatsoever, never even dropped halfway on health I think (I have amazing 16k health).

Yes, this is a base game dungeon but these are the very dungeons that are supposed to be preparing people for dlc and such. Since the progression is kind of normal dungeons->vets I->no number vets->vets II->dlc. This does absolutely nothing of the sort (along with most base game dungeons, it's not exactly alone there), then people come into dlc dungeons and SUDDENLY everything hurts, one missed mechanics cue and you're dead. Shock, despair, complaints on forums. All of the base dungeons need to be carefully looked at in order to provide some semblance of a learning curve and not this 'anyone is supposed to be able to complete it with any build, no matter what they do'. It shouldn't be anyone, we already have normal for that.

Also, Arx has some easy, but pretty neat mechanics, it's a real shame no one even knows about it these days. Remember when you really had to go out of the AoE on first boss because otherwise it healed more damage than 3 dps could deal? Remember when you actually had to run to the little snake's bubble, and if you killed the little snake first, you were doomed? Remember having to instantly switch from water to island and back on last boss because 2 seconds of electrified water would kill you through any heals? Good old days...
  • karekiz
    karekiz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y4TbxvYZYrs

I dunno. I didn't play back then so I looked up a video.

They were ignoring snake back then <2016> too.
  • the1andonlyskwex
    the1andonlyskwex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not sure why you're picking on Arx Corinium. It's one of the hardest base game dungeons to clear in a PUG. The first boss has a mechanic that makes it virtually unkillable for groups with inexperienced DPS.
  • Eso101rus
    Eso101rus
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm not sure why you're picking on Arx Corinium. It's one of the hardest base game dungeons to clear in a PUG. The first boss has a mechanic that makes it virtually unkillable for groups with inexperienced DPS.

It’s nothing to do with dps, it’s to do with not standing in the poison and letting the boss heal.....yes mechanics.
  • the1andonlyskwex
    the1andonlyskwex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Eso101rus wrote: »

It’s nothing to do with dps, it’s to do with not standing in the poison and letting the boss heal.....yes mechanics.

Yes, as in inexperienced DPS that both don't know the mechanics and can't just burn through the heal (which I assume is possible, although I've never seen it personally).

I worded my comment the way I did because I expected some wiseguy to come along and say that "any decent DPS can just burn through the heal" if I just said that the heal mechanic was the problem.
    Edited by the1andonlyskwex on July 21, 2020 12:45PM
  • Eso101rus
    Eso101rus
    ✭✭✭✭
    Eso101rus wrote: »

Yes, as in inexperienced DPS that both don't know the mechanics and can't just burn through the heal (which I assume is possible, although I've never seen it personally).

No, it is nothing to do with dps. When the snake coils up there is a poison aoe around him, if you stand in it he will heal quickly. Don’t stand in it 😁
  • karekiz
    karekiz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    New updated Arx sets <Lets call them hardcore Perfected> such as updated Medusa should only drop in Hardcore Vet Arx only.

All bosses 15-18 mil health with one shots added for all abilities.
  • Jeremy
    Jeremy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I've noticed this too.

Ever since they changed the last fight to where you can no longer stay on that little island against the wall to avoid the electricity it seems to do a lot less damage now. So my guess is they just decided to nerf the damage since they get rid of the safe spot.

But the dungeon is very easy now and they have definitely changed it. It used to be rare for that last boss not kill people in my pug runs. Now it's more unusual if it actually does.

Edited by Jeremy on August 12, 2020 5:31PM
  • karekiz
    karekiz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Jeremy wrote: »

I've noticed this too.

Ever since they changed the last fight to where you can no longer stay on that little island against the wall to avoid the electricity it seems to do a lot less damage now. So my guess is they just decided to nerf the damage since they get rid of the safe spot.

But the dungeon is very easy now and they have definitely changed it. It used to be rare for that last boss not kill people in my pug runs. Now it's more unusual if it actually does.

I blame CP. Please devs remove CP. Think of the Arx runs=(