The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Strange Bloom effect? (Graphics)

bluebird
bluebird
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
I've noticed some strange glowing around some characters (mostly Fennorian). I've seen this issue both in overland Skyrim and in Blackreach.
bloom.png
After messing around with Graphics settings a bit, I noticed that this is due to Bloom (I was playing with it on).
I thought Bloom only affects light sources - is Fennorian a light source? :lol:
Is the strange halo effect on characters a normal occurrence for the 'Bloom' setting, or is this caused by something else?
Is there a way to change my graphics settings so the hazy glow doesn't appear around characters? Or is this a part of Bloom and I should just turn it off?

If anybody who understands how game graphics settings work could answer this, it would be much appreciated! :smile:

Best Answer

• belial5221_ESO
    belial5221_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Bloom affects anything that can reflect/refract some light.So skin,eyes,metal,glass,etc.I play without Bloom,cause I didn't like it being overboard in TES4 Oblivion either.I think they try to make the ambience more mystical fantasy,but it's too much at times.They should implement an adjustable version.
    Answer ✓
  • bluebird
    bluebird
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Ooh, okay thanks! I guess if this is how Bloom is intended to look, I'll just turn it off then.
    Haven't noticed it before but I agree this is a bit too much for my tastes too. Thanks for the answer! :smile:
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The bloom gets really bad in Blackreach. Everything that emits any kind of light blooms and it makes bright abilities like vampiric drain burn your eyes out.
    PC NA - Ceyanna Ashton - Breton Vampire MagDK
  • Sephyr
    Sephyr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Vevvev wrote: »
    The bloom gets really bad in Blackreach. Everything that emits any kind of light blooms and it makes bright abilities like vampiric drain burn your eyes out.

Oh god, THAT'S what that is? Huh... Either way, thanks for this thread. Turning that off now because holy crap.