The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

[Suggestion] Allow Group Queue but shuffle all players

likecats
likecats
✭✭✭✭✭
Not sure if this has been suggested here before, but IMO a good compromise between avoiding premades stomping and having too little pop to have seperate queues for BGs is to let people queue as a team, and have the BG shuffle the players randomly in different teams. This will let players interact with their friends, sometimes as an ally and sometimes as an enemy, but the important thing is they will get to play together.

Would also be great if we could queue as a 12 man group where every player gets randomly shuffled in a team.
Edited by likecats on May 20, 2020 7:03PM
  • noob in denial
    noob in denial
    ✭✭✭
    Great ideea.
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’ve been screaming this, custom lobbies, and separate queues for years. ZOS has the technology. It’s not that they think this is a bad idea, it’s that they’d rather allocate their resources towards new houses and costumes for the crown store.
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Stream: twitch.tv/THOGARDvsThePeasants
    YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/thogardpvp

• MurderMostFoul
    MurderMostFoul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thogard wrote: »
    I’ve been screaming this, custom lobbies, and separate queues for years. ZOS has the technology. It’s not that they think this is a bad idea, it’s that they’d rather allocate their resources towards new houses and costumes for the crown store.

And don't forget the ever present "focusing on performance" excuse they keep throwing out for not modifying various game systems.

In reality, we can't hope for any change that requires more than minimal time and work by ZOS. This is one of the reasons why I support simply allowing solos and duos, instead of solos only. How hard could it be to increase the permissible group size by one? I don't even care about attempting to balance the duo by modifying how matchmaking factors in the duo's MMR. If the team with a duo has an advantage, so be it. It won't be insurmountable.

It's a easy change that lets folks play with a friend, while still preventing unstoppable premades from hindering other players' enjoyment. DONE.
    “There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so.”
  • knowx
    knowx
    Soul Shriven
    Don't touch battle grounds!! This type is quite nice, but can be add another mode which is for team Vs team for group pvpers
  • Xebov
    Xebov
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No thank you. The worst thing i can imagine in PvP is having to play against my friends.
  • RezecNoble_ESO
    Xebov wrote: »
    No thank you. The worst thing i can imagine in PvP is having to play against my friends.

I know right. All this craziness because a few anti social people can't be bothered to join a guild or find friends in an MMO. The point in group content is to play as a group. Of course an organized group will beat a group who isn't working together, and the point is the learn from that and form your own group. BGs aren't designed to just run around solo and do your own thing. Other game companies realize this because they ignore the whiners are the forums complaining about premades.
  • Nick_Balza
    Nick_Balza
    ✭✭✭
    I don't see any point in shuffling players if people queue as a group. It means that they want to play together and do game objectives together.

I hope they will bring proper group BG back and current nonsense would be stopped.
    GM of small social/casual guild Bar Indoril Nalivayka
    PC - EU. @NickBalza
    Nick Balza - Magicka Nightblade
    John Skellan - Stamina Nightblade (Vampire/Crafter/Bowtard)
    Roland Maybelline - Stamina Templar
    Willow The Firestarter - Magicka DK
    Alexander Veidt - Stamina Necromancer
    Chris Maxwell - Magicka Necromancer (Healer)
    Genevieve Diedonne - Stamina Sorc
    The Beckett - Stamina DK/Werewolf
    Mira Giovanni - Magicka Nightblade (Healer\Tank)

• Xebov
    Xebov
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I know right. All this craziness because a few anti social people can't be bothered to join a guild or find friends in an MMO. The point in group content is to play as a group. Of course an organized group will beat a group who isn't working together, and the point is the learn from that and form your own group. BGs aren't designed to just run around solo and do your own thing. Other game companies realize this because they ignore the whiners are the forums complaining about premades.

Thats not what i meant. I support the solo BGs. There are not enought organized groups to make a group only queue work and having pug groups vs premates is not working either. I can understand ppls frustration about it, but the game mode needs more players. If players dive in the first time its less likely that tehy will stay and play the mode if tehy get stomped by organized groups.
  • wheem_ESO
    wheem_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xebov wrote: »

This tired old argument again? It has already been thoroughly debunked, but here we go for the umpteen millionth time:

I have friends, and I have guilds. It would be relatively easy for me to put together a 4-man premade on any given day in Battlegrounds, were it possible to group queue again. However, I find the premade-vs-randoms dynamic to be incredibly boring, and that's exactly what most of the games would be. Unless of course we had 12 people together and were coordinating premade-vs-premade-vs-premade synchronized queues.

Now I have to ask, have you ever actually played organized premade-vs-premade-vs-premade games? Because I highly doubt it.

I have some sympathy for the people who just wanna play with a buddy from time to time, and I'd be fine with ZOS "experimenting" with allowing duo queues, as long as it accounted for MMR and group size accordingly. Otherwise, premade groups should only be facing off against other premade groups.
  • WoppaBoem
    WoppaBoem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love it, for sure also the part to que as a 12 man group, like private matches. Great idea
    Xbox EU & NA - PVP Only
  • buzzclops
    buzzclops
    ✭✭✭
    RNG and pvp is a big no no... unless you play magsorc. They really thrive in the chaos right now. Who needs a team when you can go 14-0 with less than 200k dmg done. They used to be so bad in group play now stealth and streak is meta because every team has 1-2 feeders you can hit and run.(regardless of mmr). We need two queues, that’s it. Most Try hard pvpers(like myself) won’t care to wait 20 minutes for a real 4v4v4 competitive game if there is more prestige and better rewards. Pvpers like to show off in general.(in any game) Give it better rewards and trust me ppl will group up to get em. The RNG chaotic mess right now is not fun even tho I do really well in it. (I play magnecro/magplar/stamden/nbheals).
  • Xebov
    Xebov
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    buzzclops wrote: »
    RNG and pvp is a big no no... unless you play magsorc. They really thrive in the chaos right now. Who needs a team when you can go 14-0 with less than 200k dmg done. They used to be so bad in group play now stealth and streak is meta because every team has 1-2 feeders you can hit and run.(regardless of mmr). We need two queues, that’s it. Most Try hard pvpers(like myself) won’t care to wait 20 minutes for a real 4v4v4 competitive game if there is more prestige and better rewards. Pvpers like to show off in general.(in any game) Give it better rewards and trust me ppl will group up to get em. The RNG chaotic mess right now is not fun even tho I do really well in it. (I play magnecro/magplar/stamden/nbheals).

Thing is after 1 or 2 weeks you will care about the 20min queue time. Also better rewards? Realy? Whats the base for this? If you bait ppl with better rewards all you going to get is ppl randomly pregroup in zone chat without any improvement at all. Its an idea not thought through.
  • buzzclops
    buzzclops
    ✭✭✭
    Better rewards if you win... those groups won’t. add skins or mounts and a better leaderboard that calculates more than just ap. What we need is to encourage grouping up and create strategies not the other way around. My magnecro has 20 minutes solo Qs right now so that would pretty much stay the same. I know (at least on the ps4 na server) that a lot of hardcore bgers share this view.
    Edited by buzzclops on May 22, 2020 11:28PM
  • Grandma
    Grandma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    splatoon did this and i hated it. Tried to play with my gf to show her how to play and more than half the time [it felt like] i was forced to watch her get obliterated by my team and i couldn't do anything about it. it just wasn't fun.
    GH / 3/04/2021 / Elemental Catalyst Necromancer
  • Rewans
    Rewans
    ✭✭
    I rly dont like to turn down ideas, and I also agree some point like: LET GROUP QUE/ DUO QUE AVAILABLE AGAIN COS WE PLAY ONLINE GAMES COS WE WANT TO PLAY WITH OUR FRIENDS.

But..

In 4v4 this suffle idea would be hilarious, and fun! So I like it! But in this Eldersolo online we play 4v4v4 so a shuffle would mean my friend and I end up in different teams, so we focus the 3. team so we both can win... it would be unfair, and it would ruin the game for the 3. team. So sadly I think thats not a good/fair idea, and it would ruin the full pvp system.

But...

As we all can see the developers like horrible ideas like removing the group que so maybe they will make this real. To be hones if I have to choose I rather would choose the shuffle option instead of keeping this boring solo dailyquestgrind antisoc no friend BG something...