Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Do the summons from Daedric Summoning scale in any way with any stat?

nederland0x
So before asking this I did a rather large google check and came up with absolutely nothing.

What i'm exactly asking is does the dmg/hp from the summons scale in any way with any stats? I know there are passives but with that alone the summons would be rather useless endgame if they didn't have any form of scaling.

Thanks in advance for the help.
Edited by nederland0x on April 19, 2014 4:30PM
  • Raapnaap
    Raapnaap
    ✭✭
    Everyone says they don't, and after my summons started getting killed nearly instantly past level 40 or so, I dropped them. I don't use add-ons, so I can't tell for sure if they scale from gear or veteran ranks, but even if they do it clearly is close to nothing.

Besides, you can't control minions in any way, they will randomly attack anything near them which causes all sorts of problems, so that rules them out in any non solo leveling environment, and in PvP they are equally useless since in addition to the other problems, they also give your position away while hiding.

My recommendation is to drop minions (besides storm atronach, that's a sorcerer's best all-around ultimate right now), and go for a build that doesn't depend on them. I did that, and it saved me a lot of trouble.
    Edited by Raapnaap on April 19, 2014 4:40PM
  • nederland0x
    I haven't gone for a minion build yet but I was curious. Thanks a lot for the answer mate. That pretty much solves my question ^^ Much appreciated.
  • Coggage
    Coggage
    ✭✭✭✭
    The Clannfear (spelling?) is averagely useful and better than the Imp, but that's not saying much. The winged pet is so fragile it's not worth summoning it. Even at lvl 22 I'm not using pets that often now.
  • Lord_Hev
    Lord_Hev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes. They level with you. At level 40, all your summons are level 40 as well.
    Qaevir/Qaevira Av Morilye/Molag
    Tri-Faction @Lord_Hevnoraak ingame
    PC NA
  • nederland0x
    Lord_Hev wrote: »

But does that mean there dmg/hp increases with every lvl up? For instance. This is easily tested if you summon a lvl 40 creature and let it attack a lvl 5 creature (or something like that)

• akneth
    akneth
    ✭✭
    My Level 2 Clannfaer has 3100 HP at Vet.4.
    He is far from being a One Hit.
    The Restoring Twilight Level 4 has only 1560 HP.
  • Lord_Hev
    Lord_Hev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Lord_Hev wrote: »

But does that mean there dmg/hp increases with every lvl up? For instance. This is easily tested if you summon a lvl 40 creature and let it attack a lvl 5 creature (or something like that)

Yes. A level 40 Clannfear can solo most level 30 enemies.
    Qaevir/Qaevira Av Morilye/Molag
    Tri-Faction @Lord_Hevnoraak ingame
    PC NA
  • Valmond
    Valmond
    ✭✭✭
    Coggage wrote: »
    The Clannfear (spelling?) is averagely useful and better than the Imp, but that's not saying much. The winged pet is so fragile it's not worth summoning it. Even at lvl 22 I'm not using pets that often now.

Winged Twilight provides some dps, not much, but some, and can be morphed for magicka regen (or emergency heal).
    Yes, it dies in one hit from any not utterly wimpy mob, but in some fights it can be worth using for it the dps boost.

Clannfear can be used to tank even fairly though mobs (not bosses, but stuff like frost and storm atronachs) even up to veteran ranks, or simply as a distraction for fights with multiple mobs, you just need to heal it (and occasionally resummon it).

But yeah, i eventually phased them out of my usual skill line around the end of cold harbour when i switched from single target dps build to aoe farm build (still useful to have for some situations).
  • pema
    pema
    ✭✭✭
    They lvl up. Just like other active skills. You can morph them. I like to use them. It draws enemies away and as they do damage they get a bit stronger.
    Officer of Alith Legion
    Ebonheart Pact guild, EU server.
    Check out our site alithlegion.com
  • Polaritie
    Polaritie
    I'm still using Twilight Matriarch in Coldharbour. That said, I have SnS as one of my weapon sets, so I can keep stuff off it easily (and it can take a couple hits safely regardless).
  • Nasuradin_ESO
    Nasuradin_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    My clannfear can tank for me most of the time, even world bosses that don't summon adds or contain more than 1 enemy when I have a heal staff with me, the twilight on the other hand, if she gets hit she dies. I' m VR2