The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Login screen crashing

vgabor
vgabor
✭✭✭✭✭
Process: eso [21707]
Path: /Applications/Games/*/eso.app/Contents/MacOS/eso
Identifier: com.zenimaxonline.eso
Version: 1.0.0 (1.0.0)
Code Type: X86-64 (Native)
Parent Process: ??? [1]
Responsible: eso [21707]
User ID: 501

Date/Time: 2020-05-26 19:46:08.668 +0100
OS Version: Mac OS X 10.15.4 (19E287)
Report Version: 12
Bridge OS Version: 3.0 (14Y908)
Anonymous UUID: BADC6FD7-23ED-705B-3B1D-BB3CE68B326B

Sleep/Wake UUID: D260B14F-9490-4FC7-A1DF-0FF46913784C

Time Awake Since Boot: 120000 seconds
Time Since Wake: 2500 seconds

System Integrity Protection: enabled

Crashed Thread: 7

Exception Type: EXC_BAD_ACCESS (SIGSEGV)
Exception Codes: KERN_INVALID_ADDRESS at 0x0000000000000000
Exception Note: EXC_CORPSE_NOTIFY

Termination Signal: Segmentation fault: 11
Termination Reason: Namespace SIGNAL, Code 0xb
Terminating Process: exc handler [21707]

VM Regions Near 0:
-->
__TEXT 00000001060d4000-000000010ae6a000 [ 77.6M] r-x/rwx SM=COW /Applications/Games/*/eso.app/Contents/MacOS/eso

ID Vend/Dev
a393 687f1002
Seconds Ago ID Type
270000.0 a393 Attach

Thread 7 Crashed:
0 com.zenimaxonline.eso 0x000000010814da67 ZoMaterialBuilderVk::SavePipelineCacheTask::DoBackgroundThreadWork() + 217
1 com.zenimaxonline.eso 0x0000000108df9691 ZoTaskQueue::DoBackgroundThreadWork(ZoTaskQueue::TerminateCondition, unsigned int) + 543
2 com.zenimaxonline.eso 0x0000000108dfa520 ZoTaskQueueUpdater::Run() + 92
3 com.zenimaxonline.eso 0x00000001061256ea ZoWorkerThreadUpdater::Run() + 48
4 com.zenimaxonline.eso 0x0000000108dfc1b1 ZoThread::ThreadFunc(void*) + 65
5 com.zenimaxonline.eso 0x0000000108dfc9d7 (anonymous namespace)::ThreadExecutionFunction(void*) + 82
6 libsystem_pthread.dylib 0x00007fff682c5109 _pthread_start + 148
7 libsystem_pthread.dylib 0x00007fff682c0b8b thread_start + 15

• vgabor
    vgabor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, if I'm fast enough to login, then same crash happens on character select screen...
  • Norgaerth
    Norgaerth
    ✭✭
    I tried to submit this to Mac Tech Support, only to find the 'next' button that submits your ticket to be non-functional.

"I'm running the Mac client. I am on the latest 10.15.4. The launcher updated the app today to the new Greymoor release. I have gone into Mac System Preferences and adjusted the security> accessibility to re-allow both 'eso' and the 'zenimax launcher'. The game crashes within minutes (if even) of launching. Whether trying to get through the intro video (which plays every time - regardless of skipping or watching all of it), or adjusting the graphics settings per the recommendations, only twice out of 10+ attempts have I even gotten into the game, which crashed in less than a minute every time."
  • vgabor
    vgabor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It looks like this crash only occurs when I start the game app directly not from the launcher. When started from launcher no crash on login/character screen yet.

@Norgaerth
  • Norgaerth
    Norgaerth
    ✭✭
    Whatever problem they are working through appears to be making progress. I am able to get into the game and play without crashes. A bit of lag, but not outside the range of norms for the mac client. Looks to me like the crashing issue was server-side, not client. I did drop my graphics settings down to what they had been before the update, and I regranted doc folder access to the eso and zenimax apps.

@vgabor
  • Gattopardo
    Gattopardo
    ✭✭
    vgabor wrote: »
    It looks like this crash only occurs when I start the game app directly not from the launcher. When started from launcher no crash on login/character screen yet.

for me it happens either way, with or without launcher, it also gets the wheel of eternal doom when its in "requesting log in" and you go to a different app and pull that one in front, then you can only force shut eso
  • Atlan_daGonozal
    Atlan_daGonozal
    ✭✭✭
    I can get to character select reliably and surprisingly fast.

But TESO crashes silently after when selecting a character.

I'm using the launcher if that makes a difference.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    There was maintenance this morning to help resolve some of the login and character loading issues players were experiencing yesterday. If you are still crashing after logging in, we recommend opening a ticket with customer support.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Evilspock
    Evilspock
    ✭✭✭✭
    vgabor wrote: »

@Norgaerth

I'm having the problem now regardless if I use the launcher. I can't play the game at all anymore. Once I get to the character selection screen, I get a spinning beachball meaning the app is unresponsive. All this because they had to change the dumb background on the login screen. Also the new login page doesn't fix the issue of the password box not taking focus on launch. It's really dumb to have to manually click everytime in the password box just so you can type in your password, I've never had any other program or game work like this.
    🖖 @EvilSpock |PC/NA| ✦ Guildmaster: Vulcan Commandos |AD| ✦ https://youtube.com/@vulcan_commando
  • Mophet
    Mophet
    ✭✭
    Im having the same problem.

macOS Catalina 10.15.5

Every time I get to the login in screen it freezes.

• FierceSam
    FierceSam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Mophet wrote: »
    Im having the same problem.

macOS Catalina 10.15.5

Every time I get to the login in screen it freezes.

Snap...

As usual there is no crash report, so nothing to submit... but it makes cycling through characters a total misery
  • BlueRaven
    BlueRaven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am getting this now as well. I am having a 50-75% chance of actually being able to log in. The client goes to unresponsive and basically locks up. The rest of the computer is (usually) fine.

This coupled with the frequent "Mac OS Login" crashes is making the game very difficult to play.
  • Evilspock
    Evilspock
    ✭✭✭✭
    So is there still no word from ZOS on this? Is it just mac? Really sick of all the bugs in this game, now we have this problem in addition to the random game crashes that were introduced a few versions before.
    🖖 @EvilSpock |PC/NA| ✦ Guildmaster: Vulcan Commandos |AD| ✦ https://youtube.com/@vulcan_commando
  • BlueRaven
    BlueRaven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have no idea.

Basically I am just putting in a bug report everyday now. I have it all written down, I just copy and paste it then hit send.

I am actually considering subscribing to stadia if the client runs smoother there. It’s just crazy.
  • protofeckless
    protofeckless
    ✭✭✭
    Spinning beachball as soon as I get to the character screen about 50% of the time.

Cold reboot fixes it most of the time.

Once in, I'm constantly freezing up or DC'ing though. My chat window will show a stream of updates, but nothing works then I get DC'd after a couple minutes. Then logging back in gets "This account is already logged in." of course. Worst dialog ever. Hey at least the load screens take minutes.

This release might just beat Murkmire for all time worst Mac updates.