The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Need help for my build : Magicka Necromancer Vampire DPS

Serkuos
Serkuos
✭✭✭
Hello everyone,

So I'm trying to make a magicka necromancer vampire DPS build. Mostly for the sake of RolePlay, because I like to play this kind of character, but I still try to do something strong, for solo PVE and solo PVP.

So, you see, I'm trying to make a build good in solo PVE AND solo PVP. I guess it can't be perfect, but I think it doesn't have too... I'm really trying to find something solid to do both.

For now, I tried to follow this guide from Alcast : https://alcasthq.com/eso-magicka-necromancer-build-pvp/

(It seems it changed a bit from the last time I saw it, well...)

Screenshot_20200601_110025.png

Screenshot_20200601_110418.png

So for now, my set is full Necropotence (Light Armor) except for head and shoulders (which are Mighty Chudan, even if I only have the shoulders for now), my weapons and jewelry are mother's sorrow. I play with lightning destruction staff.

I mostly play with Necromancer's abilities, because I think they are more fun to use. So I have in my first bar : Ricochet Skull, Stalking Blastbones, Skeletal Arcanist, Mystic Siphon, Vampire Drain and Glacial Colossus for the Ultimate.

In my second bar, I have: Unnerving Boneyard, Summoner's Armor, Agony Totem, Resistant Flesh, Intensive Mender and Ravenous Goliath.

But, with the vampire skill line, I'm a bit lost. Most of the new vampire abilities seems made for close combat, which is...not really how I fight with my lightning staff and Nrecomancy abilities.

For now, I replaced, in my first bar: Ricochet Skull (Necromancer spammable) by Blood for Blood (vampire spammable), Mystic Siphon by Blood Mist (So I can go close, deal damages and gain regen, then do Blood for Blood to deal a lot of damages, particularly with one of the vampire passive, and then I spam my necro invocation, and Blood Mist again, etc...), Vampire Drain by Exhilarating Drain (with this and blood mist, I don't need so many heal anymore), and Glacial Colossus by Swarming Scion for the Ultimate.

unknown.png

For the second bar, I tried to use lighting staff skills to deal damages because my damages are, in general, horribly low, but I think it's hard to make it all work (first and second bar) together. anyway :

unknown.png

The problem is that most of Necro playstyle is ranged, especially with my lightning staff, and most of Vampire playstyle is close combat, especially with the spammable, mist form, and ultimate. For now, I'm trying to switch between ranged with necro abilities then close combat with vampire abilities.

But, to be honest, I don't know how to get my build viable in PVE and PVP (even in Trial or dungeon) while using both vampire and necromancer abilities. I don't know what to do with my build.

That's why I'm here: does anybody would agree to help me, please? To be honest, I'm not an expert in this stuff, but I want to play as I love, and still being viable in Veteran dungeon, or PVP.

Please, can somebody help me? It would be so cool haha-
Edited by Serkuos on June 1, 2020 9:17AM
  • Serkuos
    Serkuos
    ✭✭✭
    Update: I added screenshots to the post. I guess it's easier for people to understand my build with screenshots haha. I'm totally lost with my build, I don't know how to make it viable but I really want to. Any advice would be super useful...
    Edited by Serkuos on June 1, 2020 9:18AM
  • zvavi
    zvavi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wouldn't have gotten rid of boneyard, neither for PvP nor for PvE, the self synergy is just too strong, while leveling my magcro I was doing some bg's and heck in outnumbered situations when everything is chaotic boneyard+synergy button on 3+ people pop your health back up and deals massive damage. Even had "cheater" whispers at me cause of how good it is...

PS: I ain't even a PvP player, I went there for XP...
    Edited by zvavi on June 1, 2020 11:06AM
  • vestahls
    vestahls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alcast said he's going to release a vamp necro build this week, so maybe that will be helpful.
    “He is even worse than a n'wah. He is - may Vivec forgive me for uttering this word - a Hlaalu.”
    luv Abnur
    luv Rigurt
    luv Stibbons

'ate Ayrenn
    'ate Razum-dar
    'ate Khamira

simple as
  • Joxer61
    Joxer61
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Try using drain, its ranged and hits pretty hard. granted, its no B4B but meh.... ;)
  • Serkuos
    Serkuos
    ✭✭✭
    vestahls wrote: »
    Alcast said he's going to release a vamp necro build this week, so maybe that will be helpful.

Oh it would be awesome haha- Because honestly, I'm not a PVP or high-level PVE player, but I would love to get into it. But it's...a bit difficult.

Anyway, thank you everyone for your answers! If anyone has more advice to share, don't hesitate haha...
  • Aelorin
    Aelorin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is for PvE:

For vampire there is only one really good DPS skill and that is the melee skill. I think it is best to switch your playstyle. If you want to play ranged = no vampire. If vampire = melee.

That means you will be in range for the synergy to use your own boneyard.

Also I saw a build with blood mist on the back bar, last skill used on that bar, after blood mist do a weapon swap, and then use the front bar.

I think it was:
    Front bar: BB - Blood for blood - degen (or morph that heals you if you use potions) - syphon - inner light - shooting star

Back bar: Unstable wall - boneyard - inner light - mage - blood mist - colossus.

Also, i would make adjustments to gear and skills for PvP. Can't help you with that though as I main a warden for PvP.
    Edited by Aelorin on June 2, 2020 9:33AM
    And so the Elder Scrolls foretold.You will be shy, and I will be bold.
  • Goregrinder
    Goregrinder
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Aelorin wrote: »
    This is for PvE:

For vampire there is only one really good DPS skill and that is the melee skill. I think it is best to switch your playstyle. If you want to play ranged = no vampire. If vampire = melee.

Also I saw a build with blood mist on the back bar, last skill used on that bar, after blood mist do a weapon swap, and then use the front bar.

I think it was:
    Front bar: BB - Blood for blood - degen (or morph that heals you if you use potions) - syphon - inner light - shooting star

Back bar: Unstable wall - boneyard - inner light - mage - blood mist - colossus.

Also, i would make adjustments to gear and skills for PvP. Can't help you with that though as I main a warden for PvP.

But doesn't bar swapping pull you out of mist?
  • Aelorin
    Aelorin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes it does, working as intended. You use that skill for the added spell damage, not for the damage of the skill itself. It means you get extra spell damage on your front bar the next few seconds after bar swap.

And so the Elder Scrolls foretold.You will be shy, and I will be bold.
  • Darkstride
    Darkstride
    ✭✭
    Aelorin wrote: »
    This is for PvE:

I think it was:

But doesn't bar swapping pull you out of mist?

Vampire passive temporarily buffs your spell damage when you leave mist form.
  • MashmalloMan
    MashmalloMan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Make sure to slot wall of elements back bar, it is the only skill that will proc your back bar enchantments automatically after you bar swap to front. It's pretty much a must. Get an infused weapon with your choice of Damage Enchant for highest general dps/healing, Absorb Magicka for single target dps + sustain or Flame for highest single target dps.
    PC Beta - 1900+ CP

Stam Sorc Khajiit PvE/PVP Main || Stam Sorc Dark Elf PvP ||
    Stam Templar Dark Elf || Stam Warden Wood Elf || Stam DK Nord || Stam Necro Orc || Stam Blade Khajiit

Mag Sorc High Elf || Mag Templar High Elf || Mag Warden Breton || Mag Necro Khajiit || Mag Blade Khajiit