The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Meridia's light not working?

Jeffrey530
Jeffrey530
✭✭✭✭
Before going through Cadwell's Silver, Cadwell warned the vestige that he/she will be forgotten by everyone and become a souless drifter, but after both silver and gold I started doing the DLCs, everyone eg Raz, Naryu and Gabrielle Benele still remembered what we did and been through tgh...Heck I started from AD and if I went back to AD regions during the silver and gold quests, everyone still remembered who i was. Did Cadwell and Meridia lie to us? or probably Meridia's light is just a teleportation device rather than a time travelling/mind wiping machine that she boasts of? XD
  • Foefaller
    Foefaller
    ✭✭✭
    There are basically two explanations here:

First is that once you've passed the point were you've done Cadwell's Silver/Gold and moving on to events that (for your character) occured after the main game, everyone is able to recognized you specifically as the hero they met during questline for *their* faction, and due to Meridia's magic or the weirdness censor mortals in Tamriel seem to have when observing something that is beyond their comprehension may not consciously realize that you are somehow also regularly recognized as a hero for the other two factions.

The second is that once you completed Cadwell's Silver/Gold and moved on to content that (again for your character) occurs after the main quest, a minor Dragon Break occured which created a history where you are simultaneously the honored hero of all three factions, despite the impossibility of being in three places at once and all the times you unintentionally and intentionally fought against each of them, but because you were temporarily imbune with the power of The Dragon God of Time when you used the Amulet of Kings to smack down Molag Bal, anyone with more than a passing awarness of this oddity have (correctly, in a way) surmised that it's a side effect of that and decided to roll with it.

As for which one it is, I'm guessing it's "yes."
    Edited by Foefaller on June 1, 2020 8:52PM
  • Aigym_Hlervu
    Aigym_Hlervu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jeffrey530 wrote: »
    Before going through Cadwell's Silver, Cadwell warned the vestige that he/she will be forgotten by everyone and become a souless drifter, but after both silver and gold I started doing the DLCs, everyone eg Raz, Naryu and Gabrielle Benele still remembered what we did and been through tgh...Heck I started from AD and if I went back to AD regions during the silver and gold quests, everyone still remembered who i was. Did Cadwell and Meridia lie to us? or probably Meridia's light is just a teleportation device rather than a time travelling/mind wiping machine that she boasts of? XD

I suppose you have misunderstood what Sir Cadwell said since you have mentioned only a part of what he said actually, OP. This is his full message: "Touch Meridia's light and see the world through the eyes of your former enemies. But fair warning—you will no longer be seen as a great champion. Even familiar faces will see you as a soulless drifter, lost in an unfamiliar land."

Read it very slowly, OP. Now you see those phrases mean, that by touching the Light:
    - you are "turned" into one of your former enemies;
    - you are kicked to the unfamiliar lands of your former enemies;
    - you won't be seen as a great champion there;
    - you will be seen as a lost soulless drifter.

This is all he said. So, now, keeping in mind of what he said, ask yourself:
    - why should those familiar faces stop being your allies and forget you?
    - why should you be considered a great champion in an unfamiliar land among your former enemies, since the Alliances did not even cooperate in defeating Molag Bal at all, since they didn't even cease fire for the duration of that campaign, but all they did was just giving blessings to us and the Guilds?
    - how else should you be seen in there, if not as a soulless drifter lost in an unfamiliar land? You might be twice a Hero of your Alliance and the Conqueror of the entire Oblivion, but you'll be just a "soulless drifter" in a country abroad until you earn your ranks and titles there - this is what Cadwell said there and this is how it actually works. No lie there, OP, it all works as he said.
    Edited by Aigym_Hlervu on June 3, 2020 5:19AM