The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Melee Magsorc Build Concept

CaptainVenom
CaptainVenom
✭✭✭✭✭
Vampire's Eviscerate hits so hard I'm thinking about creating a melee magsorc with Grothdarr and Law of Julianos sets, but I can't decide which third set that could be good for this kind of build. What you guys think? Would it work? I'd use it in a general context (everyday quests, pvp, dungeons).

101083583_2428388020598113_6387804786602803200_n.jpg?_nc_cat=104&_nc_sid=ca434c&_nc_ohc=600LFk88yo0AX_NOgnI&_nc_ht=scontent.fmii3-1.fna&oh=664f94c723168c102a274b3f3570da8c&oe=5EF84D65
Edited by CaptainVenom on May 31, 2020 12:51PM
🌈 Ride with Pride 🌈Magicka/Damage Necromancer - PC - NA - DC
  • MashmalloMan
    MashmalloMan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yessss. I've been wanting to use a melee magicka sorc build for a long time, hoping they would eventually release 1h+rune, mainly because sets like Auroran's Thunder and Overwhelming Surge scream sorc, but are mostly only great for templars... :(

My interest is more pvp, but yours, you should be using a set with Minor Slayer, just so happens that False God's Devotion also provides major expedition on kills which works really well for you since your doing melee. Second front bar set could be Mother's Sorrow, Law of Juliano's is more a first time set rather than long term.

Also, mate, you need to use wall of elements on your back bar, it will proc enchantments off cd. Get an infused staff with a damage enchantment, shock is also good for solo since you have +5% shock damage and might want minor vulnerability.

If you want to save on pots for solo content or pug dungeons, swap your bound aegis for inner light to get major prophecy.

Since your using False God's Devotion, swap out Dark Exchange for something like frags to continue procing minor prophecy or curse, but put it on your front bar to maximize damage. Swap Mist to back bar. Maybe use Streak instead, I don't see mist as super useful for pve content when you have Crit Surge up. You also won't need Devensive Rune. It only stuns 1 attacking enemy. It's mostly (barely) used for pvp scenarios, Streak will give you an aoe stun.

Since your melee, your better off using Barbed Trap for minor force over Channeled Acceleration. Costs stamina, does a little damage and instant cast. If your using Dark Elf, you will be able to get some more juice out of it since you have extra stam and weapon damage.

Edit: If your not super serious about hitting high end game dps, then you should actually look into Auroran's Thunder and Overwhelming Surge. They are super cool shock themed sets. Auroran's Thunder can be your front bar set, get a Maelstrom Destruction Staff for your back bar to buff light/heavy attacks with wall of elements.
    Edited by MashmalloMan on May 31, 2020 6:56PM
    PC Beta - 1900+ CP

Stam Sorc Khajiit PvE/PVP Main || Stam Sorc Dark Elf PvP ||
    Stam Templar Dark Elf || Stam Warden Wood Elf || Stam DK Nord || Stam Necro Orc || Stam Blade Khajiit

Mag Sorc High Elf || Mag Templar High Elf || Mag Warden Breton || Mag Necro Khajiit || Mag Blade Khajiit
  • CaptainVenom
    CaptainVenom
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you for your advice, MashmalloMan. I should be able to make the necessary adjustments from it.
    🌈 Ride with Pride 🌈Magicka/Damage Necromancer - PC - NA - DC
  • MashmalloMan
    MashmalloMan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thank you for your advice, MashmalloMan. I should be able to make the necessary adjustments from it.

Yeah no problem, 2 more things:

Grothdar could be good in melee range, but you will probably get much more dps out of Maw of the Infernal. It's also a Daedric summon which fits nicely for the Sorc theme you may be interested in. Very strong set. Illambris would be great to, shock aoe field, but doesn't follow you.

Using Lightning Splash and Storm Atro will give your group 2 great synergies on top of the minor prophecy and Combustion synergy your giving from Orbs. Worth slotting.

PC Beta - 1900+ CP

Stam Templar Dark Elf || Stam Warden Wood Elf || Stam DK Nord || Stam Necro Orc || Stam Blade Khajiit

Mag Sorc High Elf || Mag Templar High Elf || Mag Warden Breton || Mag Necro Khajiit || Mag Blade Khajiit
  • Almsivife
    Almsivife
    ✭✭
    Did I hear melee magsorc? :smiley: Melee magsorc can be really fun. I highly recommend getting a Overwhelming Surge lightning staff for frontbar, great choice in dungeons tbh. Basically you activate Crit Surge and Boundless Storm on backbar, swap to frontbar and then just zoom around in the mobs and zap everything with storm and have it proc Overwhelming Surge for even more zapping. Then a lot of the damage will give you health and magicka so you can safely ditch Dark Conversion for something with more utility. Like the scamp. Seriously, the scamp. Do it.
  • MrBrownstone
    MrBrownstone
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PvE and PvP require completely different builds.
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Vampire's Eviscerate hits so hard I'm thinking about creating a melee magsorc with Grothdarr and Law of Julianos sets, but I can't decide which third set that could be good for this kind of build. What you guys think? Would it work? I'd use it in a general context (everyday quests, pvp, dungeons).

101083583_2428388020598113_6387804786602803200_n.jpg?_nc_cat=104&_nc_sid=ca434c&_nc_ohc=600LFk88yo0AX_NOgnI&_nc_ht=scontent.fmii3-1.fna&oh=664f94c723168c102a274b3f3570da8c&oe=5EF84D65

I used it with elemental weapon and encase/mines
    Sarcasm is something too serious to be taken lightly

I was born with the wrong sign
    In the wrong house
    With the wrong ascendancy
    I took the wrong road
    That led to the wrong tendencies
    I was in the wrong place at the wrong time
    For the wrong reason and the wrong rhyme
    On the wrong day of the wrong week
    Used the wrong method with the wrong technique
  • MashmalloMan
    MashmalloMan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    PvE and PvP require completely different builds.

Sure, but he did say "everyday quests". You could do those naked. Dungeons, you just need to know how to keep up a solid rotation and you'll be better than 90% of pug dps.

But yeah. Ideally you should make 2 different skill/equipment setups for pve and pvp.
    Edited by MashmalloMan on June 2, 2020 12:55AM
    PC Beta - 1900+ CP