The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Undaunted points per dungeon?

briano42
briano42
✭✭
So today I took the Undaunted delve (Ilesan tower) and two dungeon pledges (darkshade caverns1, crypt of hearts 1). I did them all solo on normal mode. Based on what I’ve read I expected 10 undaunted points for each. But when I handed them in I got 20 undaunted for CoH. I did die (Sinniel’s ghost fear stuck me in a statue pedestal), so it’s not a no death bonus.
Why would I get extra for CoH? If I’m doing something right I want to know what so I can do it again next time...

Thanks

Best Answer

• r3turn2s3nd3r
    r3turn2s3nd3r
    ✭✭✭✭
    briano42 wrote: »
    “ Did the previous message on the bottom left of the screen completely disappear (the one from Maj) before you interacted with Glirion?”

I don’t have a distinct memory that the item list had evaporated before I reached Glirion or not... I’ll watch for it next time and make sure it’s gone.

I had seen that entry from UESP. That’s part of why I was surprised to see 20.

Since you’re on PS4 ca. You teach me how to save screen shots?

Press the 'Share' button (the oval one left of the big center pad) and then triangle. That will save it in your gallery.
    Answer ✓
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did you get any achievements during that run?
  • kringled_1
    kringled_1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    For a normal pledge dungeon, the general award is 10 points. The things that come to mind that might give you more are the vanquisher achievement (kill a certain set of the bosses in that dungeon), an achievement for completion of all the dungeons in the DC areas, and my most likely candidate, an achievement for completing x pledges from Glirion (where x can be 1,10, or some other number I don't remember) . This last one is the only one where you would get the points on pledge turn in.
  • briano42
    briano42
    ✭✭
    I did not notice any achievements during the run.
    I skipped killing Uulkar Bonehand, since he wasn’t a requirement for the pledge and wasn’t in the way. So I doubt I got a vanquished acheivent

I’ll have to check how many times I’ve taken pledges from Glirion. I’ll reply later.

Could there be a speed bonus on a normal run?

Thanks for the thoughts.
  • r3turn2s3nd3r
    r3turn2s3nd3r
    ✭✭✭✭
    Speed runs and no death only count on vet. And those would have popped when you completed the last boss of the dungeon, not on daily turn in. Perhaps you turned them in in quick succession? If the previous Undaunted point message didn't clear and you turned the next one in quickly, they aggregate the points on the screen. My guess is that it was just showing you 10+ 10 points total.
  • briano42
    briano42
    ✭✭
    kringled_1 wrote: »
    For a normal pledge dungeon, the general award is 10 points. The things that come to mind that might give you more are the vanquisher achievement (kill a certain set of the bosses in that dungeon), an achievement for completion of all the dungeons in the DC areas, and my most likely candidate, an achievement for completing x pledges from Glirion (where x can be 1,10, or some other number I don't remember) . This last one is the only one where you would get the points on pledge turn in.

So this was my 7th for Glirion, my 12th for Maj-al-ragath and 28th for Bolgrul. No milestones reached today...
  • briano42
    briano42
    ✭✭
    From

https://www.esofaqs.com/knowledge-base/eso-how-to-level-undaunted-skill-line/

“For Pledges, you will get:
    Bronze = 5 Rep
    Silver = 10 Rep
    Gold = 20 Rep”

Anyone know what does that mean?
  • briano42
    briano42
    ✭✭
    Speed runs and no death only count on vet. And those would have popped when you completed the last boss of the dungeon, not on daily turn in. Perhaps you turned them in in quick succession? If the previous Undaunted point message didn't clear and you turned the next one in quickly, they aggregate the points on the screen. My guess is that it was just showing you 10+ 10 points total.

So I’m saying I got 20 based on the list that pops up in the lower left corner after you exit the dialog screen (I’m running on. PS4 in case PC is diff). I handed in at Maj, exited the screen and saw 10 undaunted ( along with other reward). Then I walked over to Glirion and had another conversation to hand in. When I exited screen I saw a new list of rewards including 20 undaunted.
    I don’t think it would be related to quick hand in.
  • r3turn2s3nd3r
    r3turn2s3nd3r
    ✭✭✭✭
    briano42 wrote: »

So I’m saying I got 20 based on the list that pops up in the lower left corner after you exit the dialog screen (I’m running on. PS4 in case PC is diff). I handed in at Maj, exited the screen and saw 10 undaunted ( along with other reward). Then I walked over to Glirion and had another conversation to hand in. When I exited screen I saw a new list of rewards including 20 undaunted.
    I don’t think it would be related to quick hand in.

I'm on PS4 and have seen it do this. Did the previous message on the bottom left of the screen completely disappear (the one from Maj) before you interacted with Glirion? Even if the Maj message popped already, if it didn't completely disappear and you pressed X to interact with Glirion, it will 'hold' the previous message still and then add the 10 from Glirion to the 10 from Maj when you exit the turn in screen. The distance between Maj and Glirion is pretty short and you can easily interact with one before the other's messages have cleared.

And I believe that Bronze, Silver and Gold reward system is outdated. This is from UESP:

All guilds use reputation for leveling purposes. Undaunted Reputation is gained by completing Dungeons Achievements in the Group Dungeons, Veteran Dungeons, Trials, and General sections, as well as the Delve Daily achievements listed under Character Achievements. You gain 10 Undaunted Rep per completed achievement, except This One's On Me which grants 30 Undaunted Rep on completion, and Dungeon Damage Dispenser which grants 40 Undaunted Rep. You also earn 10 Undaunted Rep for completing a Delve Daily, 10 Undaunted Rep for completing a Pledge on normal or veteran mode, and 20 Undaunted Rep for completing a Pledge on veteran Hard Mode.
    Edited by r3turn2s3nd3r on June 1, 2020 6:24PM
  • briano42
    briano42
    ✭✭
    “ Did the previous message on the bottom left of the screen completely disappear (the one from Maj) before you interacted with Glirion?”

I don’t have a distinct memory that the item list had evaporated before I reached Glirion or not... I’ll watch for it next time and make sure it’s gone.

I had seen that entry from UESP. That’s part of why I was surprised to see 20.

Since you’re on PS4 ca. You teach me how to save screen shots?
  • kringled_1
    kringled_1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Given the additional information, I agree with r3turn, the most likely explanation is the aggregation of the points. Next time, I'd recommend also looking at your progress in the Undaunted line before and after, so you can have a bit more clarity on how much you gained in total. That timer can be quite long for point aggregation, as a story, if I turn in master writs, I can go through multiple cycles of opening a writ, accepting it, and turning it in and the counter will add up my total amount of vouchers.
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    You get points for the pledge, of course. You also get points for various achievements, which are roughly your first clear of the dungeon, your first vet clear, your first speed vet clear, your first HM, and your first vet no death clear. The list of bosses needed for each achievement may differ a bit, which can lead to some weirdnesses.

There's also a mob-slaying achievement for each dungeon that I presume requires a lot of clears to get.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When running a dungeon on Normal difficulty the number of achievements are very limited. The first clear and some dungeons have Kill X number of a specific mob type but the Kill achievements usually takes more than a few runs.

Most dungeon achievements can only be gained on Veteran difficulty level. Things like the no death, speed run, and clearing it on Master all give Undaunted points. One can level up undaunted easily in a weekend if they run with a group that can get those achievements.

So if running normal dungeons the daily pledges are the best way to gain undaunted.
  • briano42
    briano42
    ✭✭
    I guess I’m just antisocial. I run most of these solo since I play 30 mins a day or so. I have friends I may group with once a week, but vet mode I’ve only done once in a pug (not with this char)

Anyone run vet mode solo? What dungeons could it be done?
  • mobicera
    mobicera
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My guess you got an achievement for doing your first pledge along with the points you got for turning in the pledge.
    There are various little random achievements that also raise your undaunted.