Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Launcher Won't Open

TheRiddler
My launcher won't open when i click on the short-cut it opens the small icon in the bottom right and then disappears does anyone know how to fix this please get back to me ASAP
  • nerevarine1138
    nerevarine1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You might want to post this in the Technical Support forums, but I'd include more details. Have you been able to open the launcher before today? If not, have you tried re-downloading it from the site?
    ----
    Murray?
  • Inversus
    Inversus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Try restarting your computer. If that doesn't work, go into program files (x86) > Zenimax Online > Launcher and try launching from there.
    You might need to redownload the launcher if you cannot find a fix.
    VR14 EH Sorc
    VR1 AD NB Crafter
  • TheRiddler
    i have posted it in the technical support and there isnt really anymore details i can add thats all it does, i have tried to reinstall it many of times and i havn't ever been able to open it.
  • nerevarine1138
    nerevarine1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lots more details you can add:

OS? Running in compatibility mode? Firewall?
    ----
    Murray?
  • TheRiddler
    what do you mean OS or running in compatibility mode
  • nerevarine1138
    nerevarine1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TheRiddler wrote: »
    what do you mean OS or running in compatibility mode

Your operating system and whether or not you are running the launcher in compatibility mode. If you don't know the answers to these questions, I'm betting they might be related to why your launcher is having issues.
    ----
    Murray?
  • Inversus
    Inversus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    He means, are you using a Mac or a PC. Which operating system are you using (e.g. windows 8 )
    Edited by Inversus on March 30, 2014 10:49PM
    VR14 EH Sorc
    VR1 AD NB Crafter
  • TheRiddler
    useing a pc, and a 64-bit operating system
  • TheRiddler
    and i am running windows 8.1
  • Code65
    Code65
    what antivirus are you using? try disabling it then opening the launcher. For me (with AVG) the launcher wont open till after I disable it.
  • TheRiddler
    I am using avg but even when i disable it it wont work
  • TheRiddler
    code how long are you disabling it.
  • Code65
    Code65
    open the task manager(ctrl+alt+del) double check that all instances of the game are closed (sometimes if they don't open correctly the freeze there). after that click temp disable avg + firewall, if that doesn't work im not sure what to tell ya im afraid =/
  • TheRiddler
    the thing is it goes into task manager but then it disappears...and i have tried to disable avg and my firewall but it still won't work
  • Code65
    Code65
    are you using the right click avg icon and clicking temporarily disable option?
  • TheRiddler
    What would be the difference
  • gorazm
    gorazm
    Yep that's what did it for me, tried disabling AVG for a short while and it worked first time thnx for the help
  • TheRiddler
    found out what happened the launch was trying to run windows 7 not 8.1