Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for "Crown Store Showcase—June 2020"

ZOS_SarahHecker
ZOS_SarahHecker
✭✭✭✭✭
87ffb0e2a589927a7ad1e89aac113ff9.jpg

This is the official discussion thread for the "Crown Store Showcase—June 2020" blog article.

With the launch of Greymoor on PC/Mac and console release on the horizon, let’s preview all of the incredible new and returning Crown Store items you can acquire in June for your upcoming adventure into Western Skyrim.
Staff Post
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Er, is your formatting borked? I had to scroll through old announcements to get to what I presume are the new June items.

On mobile, using Chrome.
    Edited by VaranisArano on June 1, 2020 1:51PM
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Er, is your formatting borked? I had to scroll through old announcements to get to what I presume are the new June items.

On mobile, using Chrome.
    They tweeted saying there is an issue. Using ENG (INT'L) setting lets you view it correctly.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Nairinhe
    Nairinhe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Packrat! I've almost forgiven you for gem exclusive watcher.

Also, I was like "Midyear Mayhem is all over the year again" and then remembered that it's really around middle of the year already. Time flies, I guess.
  • colossalvoids
    colossalvoids
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Midyear? Is Cyrodiil playable again or i missing something?
  • ZOS_SarahHecker
    ZOS_SarahHecker
    ✭✭✭✭✭

On mobile, using Chrome.

Should be fixed! Sorry about that.
    Staff Post
  • Devy666
    Devy666
    Cool stuff, been waiting for the gloom cub thanks!
  • Sturmfaenger
    Sturmfaenger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Question: will the packrat give additional five spaces even if one owns the bristleneck war boar already? Or is it the same five spaces just with another cosmetic optic pet? is it 200+5boar+5rat=210 spaces?
    PC/EU
  • Dagoth_Rac
    Dagoth_Rac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Do the 5 inventory slots from the "Mournhold Packrat" stack with the 5 inventory slots from the "Bristleneck War Boar"? Or is it 5 extra slots max and you are just adding different pets that provide it?
  • ZOS_SarahHecker
    ZOS_SarahHecker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Correct, the effects stack.
    Question: will the packrat give additional five spaces even if one owns the bristleneck war boar already? Or is it the same five spaces just with another cosmetic optic pet? is it 200+5boar+5rat=210 spaces?

Staff Post
  • Ufretin
    Ufretin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I bet Arena Gladiator horse was supposed to be earnable in-game with Gladiator's Proofs but then moved to the Crown Store for ... reasons (just like the Siegemaster horse).

Unrelated question: Is there any fix for the broken guild traders on PC-EU available for sale in the Crown Store?
  • DragonRacer
    DragonRacer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Am I completely blind here? I see multiple people asking/talking about a packrat, but I do not see such a thing listed in this article. I even did a Ctrl + F looking for "rat" on the webpage...
    PS5 NA. GM of The PTK's - a free trading guild (CP 500+). Also a werewolf, bites are free when they're available. PSN = DragonRacer13
  • ApostateHobo
    ApostateHobo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oooohh finally a showcase where I want to buy something. Those costumes look nice, and FINALLY THE PACK RAT THANK YOU!
  • Jolipinator
    Jolipinator
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Am I completely blind here? I see multiple people asking/talking about a packrat, but I do not see such a thing listed in this article. I even did a Ctrl + F looking for "rat" on the webpage...
    Mournhold Packrat

a5f0d8a6300eed3597614c439d0ebf93.jpg

Are you the kind of adventurer who simply Must Loot Everything? Being followed around by the Mournhold Packrat, an actual cargo rodent, tells the world that you're an Acquisitionist who's not going to leave behind a single spoon!

The Mournhold Packrat pet will be available in the Crown Store on all platforms starting on June 11 at 10am EDT. Note: This pet grants an additional 5 slots of inventory upon purchase.

Glad we can finally own one.
    PS5 EU.
  • CoolBlast3
    CoolBlast3
    ✭✭✭✭
    No Nightfall Crates? Kinda disappointed. Alas, guess the Vampire Noble Suit will do...
  • Nairinhe
    Nairinhe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    CoolBlast3 wrote: »
    No Nightfall Crates? Kinda disappointed. Alas, guess the Vampire Noble Suit will do...

You know the rule - no changing crates before gem exclusives. Especially no old crates return. Need to milk the current ones fist!
    Edit: on the less salty note, crates usually get their own announcement, IIRC
    Edited by Nairinhe on June 1, 2020 3:10PM
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

On mobile, using Chrome.

Should be fixed! Sorry about that.

Yep, it works for me now! That Harborsworn costume looks nice.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Does anyone else think these new inventory pets are just an expensive way to answer all the pleas for more inventory space?

Like, we can't buy more bag/bank space, get more mount capacity in game, or get another storage chest, but we can buy a 5-slot pet (multiplied by # of characters).

Basically, it's spending 1,200 crowns for the capacity to store one extra set of armor per character.
  • DragonRacer
    DragonRacer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Mournhold Packrat

Are you the kind of adventurer who simply Must Loot Everything? Being followed around by the Mournhold Packrat, an actual cargo rodent, tells the world that you're an Acquisitionist who's not going to leave behind a single spoon!

The Mournhold Packrat pet will be available in the Crown Store on all platforms starting on June 11 at 10am EDT. Note: This pet grants an additional 5 slots of inventory upon purchase.

Guess I need to clear my cache out again, it's literally not showing on the article for me.
    PS5 NA. GM of The PTK's - a free trading guild (CP 500+). Also a werewolf, bites are free when they're available. PSN = DragonRacer13
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mournhold Packrat

Guess I need to clear my cache out again, it's literally not showing on the article for me.

Remove any rodent-blocker addons that you might have. :smile:
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Ilsabet
    Ilsabet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Can we please get official clarification about whether it's necessary to have completed a dungeon to get the associated shoulder style from the 1-key random boxes?

The showcase says this:

"The Scourge Harvester Shoulder Style Page can be obtained after the player has completed Wayrest Sewers II by either purchasing it for 50 Undaunted Keys from Maj al-Ragath or as a chance from Maj's Mystery Coffer for 1 Undaunted Key."

I'm pretty sure it said the same thing with Balorgh last month. I'm also quite sure there hasn't been a completion requirement for earlier shoulder styles. I spent 25 keys and didn't get a Balorgh shoulder page, and if it's because I haven't done the dungeon, I'd really like to have this clarified so I don't waste any more keys.
    Ilsabet Menard - DC Breton Nightblade archer - Savior of Pretty Much Everything, Grand Overlord & Empress Nubcakes
    Katarin Auclair - DC Breton Warden healer & ice mage
    My characters and their overly elaborate backstories
    Ilsabet's Headcanon
    The Adventures of Torbyrn Windchaser - Breaking the Ice & Ashes to Ashes
    PC NA
  • Aptonoth
    Aptonoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    CoolBlast3 wrote: »

They’re coming this month as has been foretold. Pack rat + stable only good things this month. My vampire looks are all finalized.
    Edited by Aptonoth on June 1, 2020 4:48PM
  • RemanCyrodiil_I
    RemanCyrodiil_I
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    -
    Edited by RemanCyrodiil_I on April 20, 2022 5:17PM
  • Transairion
    Transairion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Correct, the effects stack.

So I know the answer is $$$, but any reason why we can't buy the more inventory slots ingame? It clearly isn't "the game can't handle increasing inventory much more" if you're going to add a new 5-slot pet for 1,200 Crowns per year =/
  • DaveMoeDee
    DaveMoeDee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Does anyone else think these new inventory pets are just an expensive way to answer all the pleas for more inventory space?

Like, we can't buy more bag/bank space, get more mount capacity in game, or get another storage chest, but we can buy a 5-slot pet (multiplied by # of characters).

Basically, it's spending 1,200 crowns for the capacity to store one extra set of armor per character.

So, I can spend that amount to get more inventory or spend it on some cosmetic that gets me nothing useful? I'll take more inventory slots.

I am at the point where I have 49k crowns from paying for craft bag and nothing useful to spend them on. There is almost no chance I don't buy more inventory through an overpriced pet as it is rare they add anything useful to crown store.
  • redgreensunset
    redgreensunset
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So how about that update about the trader situation on PC/EU. It was promised later today and it's 2pm where you are, we're nearing end of office hours.
  • Major_Lag
    Major_Lag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are there any plans for the Doom Wolf mount to return to the crownstore this year?

I have one on PC-EU but no longer wish to play on that server due to its... numerous problems, and unfortunately I did not move to PC-NA until a few weeks after the Doom Wolf became unavailable :(

I don't have any problem with having to pay for it again - buying it on PC-EU instead of immediately moving to NA was my mistake, no question about that - but now I can't buy it again, because it was a time limited offer.
  • Bchewy
    Bchewy
    Where is the new Bastion Sanguinaris house?
  • agegarton
    agegarton
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Question for you @ZOS_SarahHecker or @ZOS_GinaBruno.

The Steadfast Stablemaster Bundle description says "Everything you need to pamper your heroic horse companion waits for you in this bundle—including the horse! Shelter, food, tasty treats, and more allow you to master your grooming skills, improve your riding proficiency, and cosset your beloved steed."

(highlighting is mine)

Does this allow us to upgrade our mounts (speed, stamina, capacity) in our own homes ?
  • ZOS_SarahHecker
    ZOS_SarahHecker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    agegarton wrote: »
    Does this allow us to upgrade our mounts (speed, stamina, capacity) in our own homes ?

No, the bundle includes some furnishings, a mount, and riding lessons. When it's available on the Crown Store you can preview it to see all of its contents.
    Ilsabet wrote: »
    Can we please get official clarification about whether it's necessary to have completed a dungeon to get the associated shoulder style from the 1-key random boxes?

You don't need to complete the dungeon, although your chances increase if you have the Vet HM achievement.
    Staff Post
  • agegarton
    agegarton
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    agegarton wrote: »

No, the bundle includes some furnishings, a mount, and riding lessons. When it's available on the Crown Store you can preview it to see all of its contents.
    Ilsabet wrote: »

You don't need to complete the dungeon, although your chances increase if you have the Vet HM achievement.

Thanks for the clarification :)

Appreciate that.