The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Is Icereach Coven Motif Style obtainable or is it upcoming?

ximelolagnia
ximelolagnia
✭✭
question is in the title, icereach is available as a dungeon through harrowstorm but is the motif obtainable? :smiley:
  • B0SSzombie
    B0SSzombie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    question is in the title, icereach is available as a dungeon through harrowstorm but is the motif obtainable? :smiley:

Not yet. Should be coming in the near future.
  • Blizzardjunkie
    Blizzardjunkie
    Soul Shriven
    B0SSzombie wrote: »

Typical ZOS nonsense!

Releasing a free Wicker Banekin, Wicker Masks, Wicker Horse. But not the accompanying motif. Should have been released right with the implementation of Harrowstorm. But what do I know...

Yeah, ranting because my Witch does not look as witchy as she should in Huntsman Style. Close but not quite. :|
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Typical ZOS nonsense!

Releasing a free Wicker Banekin, Wicker Masks, Wicker Horse. But not the accompanying motif. Should have been released right with the implementation of Harrowstorm. But what do I know...

Yeah, ranting because my Witch does not look as witchy as she should in Huntsman Style. Close but not quite. :|

You can still farm Icereach for the 5-piece gear and get the styles that way ... those sets are pretty decent (especially Titanborn).
  • Vindold
    Vindold
    ✭✭✭

Yes, motifs should've been obtainable since harrowstorm release, but you're saying that they are still unobtainable? That's weird...tooltip says that motifs are a part of Icereach drops. You sure?
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Futhark wrote: »

Yes, motifs should've been obtainable since harrowstorm release, but you're saying that they are still unobtainable? That's weird...tooltip says that motifs are a part of Icereach drops. You sure?

As I mentioned in my post above, the 5-piece gear drops in group dungeon Icereach are all in the Icereach Coven style, @Futhark.

The discussion, however, is that the motif pages for Icereach Coven are not in the game yet. Which is pretty typical of ZOS ... as (in their view) staggering the style realease date extends the life of the content.
    Edited by Taleof2Cities on May 30, 2020 4:50PM
  • Vindold
    Vindold
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, but sadly set stats aren't that great + I preffer to mix some parts, so yeah, need motifs...man is telling us that motifs are still unavalable, but thing is, that Icereach coven style wasn't even available for preview in collections until Greymoor release, now we can preview pieces and tooltip says that we can get these motifs now from Icereach dungeon, so looks like they should be avalable if not then we can freely call it a bug..
    Edited by Vindold on May 30, 2020 5:51PM
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS hasn’t announced a date yet ... not a bug in my opinion.
  • ximelolagnia
    ximelolagnia
    ✭✭
    It is dumb that it says it can be obtained from the icereach dungeon if it isn't out yet. Wasted a few runs trying to get it lol.
  • wild_kmacdb16_ESO
    wild_kmacdb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is dumb that it says it can be obtained from the icereach dungeon if it isn't out yet. Wasted a few runs trying to get it lol.

Same... not too impressed. I guess they don't want people getting a hold of it until it becomes available for sale on the crown store lol
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They wait 3-6 months to release an accompanying dungeon motif whenever a new dungeon launches. The purpose is to incentivize purchase through the Crown Store.

After so long you will no longer have players wanting to run the (now old) dungeons for gear, achievements, etc. Therefore ZOS creates a new grind in the most inconvenient way they can. That way few players will do go and rerun the dungeons a ton of times and instead purchase it through the Crown Store.

Plus there’s gifting.... typically costs 400K-500K gold to instantly get the full motif book from a crown seller. Compare that to the 500K-1M cost and the time-consuming process of finding every page on traders at “decent” prices.
  • TheStarfighter
    TheStarfighter
    ✭✭✭
    So I don't know if it's a bug but I had the ice reach motif for the shield drop from a psijic portal in western skyrim ...
    I'm on PC EU but I don't think it make a difference x)

EDIT 1 : The number of the motif is 84 but the title doesn't match the description the title is Ice reach Witch but the description talk about the motif from black reach ....
    Edited by TheStarfighter on May 31, 2020 7:33AM
  • Vindold
    Vindold
    ✭✭✭
    So I don't know if it's a bug but I had the ice reach motif for the shield drop from a psijic portal in western skyrim ...
    I'm on PC EU but I don't think it make a difference x)

EDIT 1 : The number of the motif is 84 but the title doesn't match the description the title is Ice reach Witch but the description talk about the motif from black reach ....

Crafting Motif 84 is Blackreach style, so it makes sense that you got it frow WS...

P.S you sure it's called Icereach? I've found Crafting Motif 84: Blackreach Vanguard Shields on Tamriel Trade Center :smile:
    but Motif 82, 83 is unfortunately still absent :disappointed:
    Edited by Vindold on May 31, 2020 8:45AM
  • TheStarfighter
    TheStarfighter
    ✭✭✭
    Yep I link it in chat in my trade guild (a french one) and everyone read it ah the ice reach motif but it was in the description the black reach vanguard.

And as soon as I post it a guild mate link a set name mother sorrow an in the set stat it was in fact the night mother set x)
    So my guess is that it can happen that the game "misspell" or don't put the good label on a item ....
  • Malborn66
    Malborn66
    ✭✭✭
    Just Had a Master Crafter Writ for this Motif.
    Purple Woodwork, anybody want this?
    I am on PC-EU
    Malborn66