The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

There's no real nice way to say this...so...

• Narvuntien
    Narvuntien
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I think your headphones were too loud, I feel bad for your ears.
    Options
  • Razzledazzle_dar
    Razzledazzle_dar
    ✭✭✭
    The first time I did this quest my immediate reaction was "Holy eff that's loud!". I don't remember what my volume was at, but regardless of whether my speakers were soft or turned way up, whenever I do this quest (I play a lot of alts so I've done it on multiple toons) the sound of the freaky melody always sounds a billion decibels louder than everything else. So, it could be an issue with the game's sound in terms of dynamics. It just seems horrendously loud compared to everything else. I won't make a comment on whether or not I think it could actually bust a pair of headphones because I haven't experienced that, but it does seem loud af to me.
    AD PC/NA
    Options
  • CassandraGemini
    CassandraGemini
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sibenice wrote: »
    (Also as an unrelated side note: I'm not a native english speaker, so sorry that the singular/plural for "headphone" is all over the place here. Stuff like that always really confuses me and I have no idea what is actually correct here).

I figured I'd address your side note. Headphones is one of those words where the singular and the plural are the same like the words news or series. The reason for the 's' in the singular is because they're technically a pair of speakers that you wear.

Thank you for taking the time to address this! The thing is, I technically know that there are things such as this in the english language, but I sometimes struggle to remember where it applies and where it doesn't. News I always know for sure, headphones is one of those words where I wasn't so certain. It's just like how I can't seem to wrap my head around that it needs to be "the police are..." instead of "the police is..." which is how it would be in my native language. But I digress, and I don't want to derail the thread. Still, thank you again for your explanation! :)
    This poor little Bosmer stealth passive had passionate friends and a big loving family!

Options
  • relentless_turnip
    relentless_turnip
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    😂😂😂
    Options
  • max_only
    max_only
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Additionally I believe it was supposed to invoke a feeling of “Close Encounters of the Third Kind” by Spielberg, not “Let it Go” but maybe that’s because I’m a millennial/older than that reference. .
    Edited by max_only on May 31, 2020 8:22PM
    #FiteForYourRite Bosmer = Stealth
    #OppositeResourceSiphoningAttacks
    || CP 1000+ || PC/NA || GUILDS: LWH; IA; CH; XA
    ""All gods' creatures (you lot) are equal when covered in A1 sauce"" -- Old Bosmeri Wisdom
    Options
  • Jakx
    Jakx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    arena25 wrote: »

Edit: Before we go any further, I would like to kindly point out that by "busting a headset", I mean one or both side of the headphones will not produce any audio. I do not mean literally smashing the headset like the stereotypical angry gamer. Anyone saying I literally smashed my headset is assuming things and probably didn't fully read the post before jumping to conclusions.

Read the full post, still came to the conclusion you smashed your headset. It's not reading comprehension for the consumer. Its poor expression by the poster. I recommend fleshing out your story with more details so people can more adeptly follow your train of thoughts. :)
    Joined September 2013
    Options
  • TheImperfect
    TheImperfect
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm sorry you have had issues but please put SPOILER in the title for quest related things because not everyone has done all the areas.
    Options