The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

1 of my 6 characters can't see wayshrines on world or mini map. All characters have the same addons

Selminus
Selminus
✭✭✭✭
and account wide settings. Using bandit UI and removing that didnt seem to help, I have no other mini map or wayshrine related addons. I have tried all types of things over the last 2 days, please help.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have you tried removing all your add-ons? I know it seems like they are working for most characters, but its worth covering all the basic troubleshooting.
  • Selminus
    Selminus
    ✭✭✭✭
    I disabled every single addon and he can't see em
  • Selminus
    Selminus
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think this started the other night when I installed and deleted NoWorldMapWayshrines and another addon like it. I removed them bc they caused a crash in Cyrodil. Could they have corrupted a file?
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Selminus wrote: »
    I think this started the other night when I installed and deleted NoWorldMapWayshrines and another addon like it. I removed them bc they caused a crash in Cyrodil. Could they have corrupted a file?

You can try actually deleting and reinstalling your add-ons, if you haven't already.
    If you think its a problem with ESO itself, can you run a repair? That ought to fix any corrupted files on your end.
  • Selminus
    Selminus
    ✭✭✭✭
    Is there one? I don't see it in the launcher settings
  • Hippie4927
    Hippie4927
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Right above all the informational stuff is 'game options'. Click the little arrow next to that and repair is in the list.
    PC/NA/EP ✌️
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

There should be a little gear wheel somewhere that has it as an option or the option to check for Updates.
  • Selminus
    Selminus
    ✭✭✭✭
    So now on the same character my food isn't applying any stats to me. Reboot didn't solve. 8a980zp5v0rq.png
  • Hippie4927
    Hippie4927
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    So now on the same character my food isn't applying any stats to me. Reboot didn't solve. 8a980zp5v0rq.png

Try 'repair' instead of 'reboot'.
    PC/NA/EP ✌️
  • Selminus
    Selminus
    ✭✭✭✭
    Found it I only saw this big gear not the little guy on the launcher :p
  • Selminus
    Selminus
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ran repair no wayshrines
  • thedavidventer
    thedavidventer
    ✭✭✭
    When viewing the world map, on the "Filters" icon/tab at the top right, do you have Wayshrines ticked? That's also how you hide it without an Addon. There's no need for an Addon to hide them, just disable them under "Filters" (The icon that looks like a funnel). As for addons, I recommend "Map Pins". It adds more filters including everything from Sky shards to treasure chests, and a bunch of other cool stuff. It also works with the "Lore Books" addon.
    David Venter - Digital Creator, macOS Gamer, Graphic Designer, Music Producer
    Official Website | Facebook (Page) | Facebook (Profile) | Instagram | Twitter | Other Links
  • Selminus
    Selminus
    ✭✭✭✭
    I solved this. The addon "Noworldmapwayshrines" did something to this character when I installed then quickly removed it bc it messed up Cyrodil. As a last ditch effort I reinstalled it on my necro and they came back. That addon did something bad to my core game.
  • Selminus
    Selminus
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks everyone for trying to help
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's possible the add-on left something behind in SavedVariables. Sometimes they don't uninstall cleanly and leave bits behind, but no add-on should be able to irreparably break the core UI as all that code is locked away in the game files.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp