The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Game-breaking issue fencing high-value items when in gamepad mode (PC/NA)

SidraWillowsky
SidraWillowsky
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
When I try to sell blue/purple items to a fence, this keeps happening:

qcIiXap.png

When this happens, I have to force-quit the game using my task manager because it's impossible to close the error box- the "dismiss" button does nothing, hitting escape on my keyboard does nothing, unplugging the controller does nothing, it's just totally stuck there. If I switch out of gamepad mode and sell the items, this doesn't happen.

This is the Vivec City outlaws refuge. I haven't tried it at any other locations. It's really, really annoying to have to constantly toggle gamepad mode off if I want to fence $$$ stuff...

Note that this DOES NOT happen when I launder stuff. It seems tied to the "are you sure you want to sell this?" warning that pops up.
  • ghost_bg_ESO
    ghost_bg_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    already someone reported it, they know, also even if it is on screen you can press B to go back in selling menu and close this window (1- 3 attempts for me), open setting/gameplay / controller - off sell that blue item and then return to controller
    as for last day when i go ingame (because Freezing after kill) i only steal some items,this happened only two times so no game breaking...