Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Not a new request, but not an unpopular one either...

Sange13
Sange13
✭✭✭
Create a duo queue for BGs. You can even make it so you have to queue with a partner and it only queues pairs into it. Seems fair and lets us actually play with our friends, yeah?

Thanks.
IGN: Sange-13
  • Zer0_CooL
    Zer0_CooL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That would be an expenditure and cost valuable human resources that could be invested more profitable. For example to design a new mount.
  • Chilly-McFreeze
    Chilly-McFreeze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    From the Rich Lambert Interview Transcript:

Q: Last year Battlegrounds became Soloqueue. Is this permanent, or temporal?
    A: We are still evaluating it. We havent seen a marked improvement. We didnt see a large change in player numbers. (Slight Improvement). We are still talking about it.
    If we let players choose we would fragment the queues, and Battlegrounds wouldnt match up anymore. We are still in the evaluation process.
  • Sange13
    Sange13
    ✭✭✭
    I have to disagree that it would fragment the queues in any meaningfully negative way. As for wanting to get more people into BGs, you have to get them into PvP in general first. I don't know what it would take to increase the mainstream appeal for it, but this last round of changes probably isn't pushing in that direction (imho, ofc).
  • MurderMostFoul
    MurderMostFoul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just allow duos and solos in the same queue.

No fragmentation + play with friends + no pug stopping 4 man premades + minimal work for ZOS = everyone wins
    “There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so.”
  • Sange13
    Sange13
    ✭✭✭
    Just allow duos and solos in the same queue.

No fragmentation + play with friends + no pug stopping 4 man premades + minimal work for ZOS = everyone wins

I agree. The idea of a duo specific queue is more of a compromise.
  • Jeremy
    Jeremy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sange13 wrote: »
    I have to disagree that it would fragment the queues in any meaningfully negative way. As for wanting to get more people into BGs, you have to get them into PvP in general first. I don't know what it would take to increase the mainstream appeal for it, but this last round of changes probably isn't pushing in that direction (imho, ofc).

Agreed.

That's more of the real issue - they need to find a way to get more people into battlegrounds (then they could have a separate queue). And I can promise you these last round of changes are going to have the opposite effect on that.
    Edited by Jeremy on May 30, 2020 2:46PM