The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

npc's with No Voice!

Rahdintimelord
I have an audio issue that I really don't know how to fix, Audio in the game is fine and working except in west skyrim.
when doing the new quests, I hear the backgrounds sound , but the npc's have no voice ! having to read the words which is no fun at all! Audio is normal in every other part of the game and npc's are heard everywhere else. So I think it might be a bug of some sort?
  • TheImperfect
    TheImperfect
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had the same thing with one npc and also ventriloquist npcs whose mouths don't move when they are talking.
  • Rahdintimelord
    I am still having this issue above, and I think it must be a bug because NPC's can be heard talking every where else, in the game. Does anyone have any idea?
  • Skorro
    Skorro
    ✭✭✭✭
    Wasn't there an article saying they were shipping without some voice acting due to time constraints and the covid issue? I can't go check the news at the mo for the exact article though so may be wrong
  • Dusk_Coven
    Dusk_Coven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I'm in Northern Elsweyr for the first time and I'm getting the same. Like the world boss questgiver having no voiceover for the necromancer boss.
    They can blame Greymoor on Covid but what about Elsweyr?
    Edited by Dusk_Coven on May 29, 2020 11:06PM
  • Technica
    Technica
    ✭✭✭
    I had this occur with Overseer Urlvar. I exited the dialogue and started again - this fixed it
    You will know me by my eye. | Adventuring since beta | PC EU | ESO+ | I recommend this reshade (Example Screenshots)
  • Rahdintimelord
    I have restarted my game and addons many times, but still the same , I hope they get this fixed , because it sucks . I can be patient if I know they are working on it.
  • Glenmorils
    Glenmorils
    ✭✭✭
    This happened to me twice recently. Currently in the Valley of the Blades quest. Abnur Tharn will have subtitles but no voice, and when I talk to him he doesn’t move his mouth. Everyone else is talking, though.
  • Yelloman
    Yelloman
    Soul Shriven
    it's a new bug since greymoore.
    it appears randomly on any npc. sometimes there is no audio, sometimes no lip movement, sometimes both.
    if you go through any loading screen (relog or zone change) and talk to the same npc it acts normal again.
    I don't know if /reloadui also works, didn't test that yet.
  • ZaroktheImmortal
    ZaroktheImmortal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've had this issue in pretty much any zone I've been in of late it doesn't happen all the time but I'll usually get people here and there with no voice or they'll talk but lips won't move or they won't move their lips or have any sound.
  • Dusk_Coven
    Dusk_Coven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Has ZOS made an official statement about this?
    I have an awful feeling they did a rob-Peter-to-pay-Paul move and this is a symptom of something in the game that suffered so that they could slap a band-aid somewhere else.

@ZOS_GinaBruno
  • DamnitDawn
    DamnitDawn
    ✭✭
    Yep I am having the same issue, for instance in the Eyevea Mages Guild final step in the questline, you're in the Mages Guild on Eyevea and Sheogorath is asking you to choose between curing Valaste and getting the Folium Discognitum; but when Uncle Sheo is talking his mouth isn't moving, instead Haskill's mouth moves and the voice sounds like it's coming from Haskill as well.
    I am also having a problem with many rando NPCs and merchants - the speak but their mouths don't move, or some voices are not heard at all.
    Another specific example, in the Fighters Guild last part of the Questline, every person on the council has a line in the Earth Forge, you can hear them all except Borogilmith.
    Edited by DamnitDawn on June 15, 2020 12:07AM
  • darbiirue
    darbiirue
    ✭✭✭
    Glad I finally found this post. Yeah I just experienced this with Provost Varuni Arvel in Clockwork City and it was actually so unsettling... Hopefully they squash this bug.

I did try /reloadui, and that did not fix the problem. However, after following her orders and doing the next step, I came back out of a room and she was speaking again as described above.
    @DarbiiRueRagna Hjaalfingar - Nord, WardenRiahni-Ko - Khajiit, Arcanist
  • Gylzyn
    Gylzyn
    ✭✭✭
    Just wanted to bump this because I am still getting instances of NPCs where their voice is missing or you get voice but no lip sync, etc.
  • Ratinira
    Ratinira
    ✭✭✭✭
    1. Yesterday I logged in in Windhelm near outfit station. There is a male bard there. But suddenly I hear a female singing. Bard was playing but no lip movement.
    Female stopped singing and then started again but that was a mixture of all songs - like 2-3 lines from each separated with several second of "music" that sounded just like "ding" - "ding" - "ding".
    2. I was in Black Reach tavern when something happened with bard. Sounded like an old record being stuck. Sound that is interrapting every second, I couldnt even understand is she was trying to repeat the same line or different. Just a horrible cacophony of sounds. I left tavern but found that the problem is with all sounds - like npc talking.

Relogging solved problem both times, but its the first time I heard them. And within three days :(

Something is going very wrong with audio files since Greymoor...

Oh, I also run into a quest in Elsewhere with two NPC - unconscious male and female. Though during dialog male was looking at me and speaking (lips movement) with female voice and female NPC was just silently gesticulating...
  • Nairinhe
    Nairinhe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It's everywhere since Greymoor dropped, although doesn't happen very often.
    Maybe that's the thing that can silence Stuga?
  • Crimsonwolf666
    Crimsonwolf666
    ✭✭✭✭
    I get this randomly in every zone now. Some NPCs don't have a voice, others have the voice over but there mouth isn't moving and a mixture there of. This was a problem I noticed with the release of Elsweyr, but since Greymoor came out, it has spread all over Tamriel with ALL different quests. Even main storyline quests with Molag Bal lose voices, get weird movement animations, and/or no mouth moving.
  • viperroos
    viperroos
    ✭✭
    I am having the same issue, with me NO NPC ever talks, it does not matter what zone I am playing. Is there a way I can fix this?