The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

ZOS' "Performance improvements timeline"

zDan
zDan
✭✭✭✭
It's been almost a year since ZOS gave us their performance improvements talk and we're coming to the end of the roadmap with update 26. Now, I don't know about you, but I have seen ZERO performance improvements as of yet. If anything it's gotten worse! From skill delay to just pure lag, we've seen it all. You're probably thinking 'oh no not another crybaby moaning about lag' well, we shouldn't have to be moaning about these things year in year out. The only thing stopping this game from being a masterpiece is the lag and we all know it!

If we don't get better performance in update 26, then I can't see many more people holding on to their faith in ESO.
zDan - Xbox EU/NA

I specialize in solo PvP on every class in the game,
be sure to check out my YouTube for several 1vX and build videos!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXkrJ3K68GHLn2-HgHjITsA
  • deleted221106-002999
    deleted221106-002999
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Nah, the more posts on this single issue the better.

Pretty sure once the lockdown ends a lot of the issues will - still be there. But maybe less so. At which point we'll see an updated news item about how the roadmap was a complete and marvellous success and how shiny everything is, how the servers survived and coped well. There may also be some metrics boasting about the huge numbers that played eso and how public spirited zos was to respond by enabling it.

And on the subject of issues that we've been clamouring for any offical response on: complete silence.

Got to love newspeak. :)
  • mav1234
    mav1234
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    zDan wrote: »
    It's been almost a year since ZOS gave us their performance improvements talk and we're coming to the end of the roadmap with update 26. Now, I don't know about you, but I have seen ZERO performance improvements as of yet. If anything it's gotten worse! From skill delay to just pure lag, we've seen it all. You're probably thinking 'oh no not another crybaby moaning about lag' well, we shouldn't have to be moaning about these things year in year out. The only thing stopping this game from being a masterpiece is the lag and we all know it!

If we don't get better performance in update 26, then I can't see many more people holding on to their faith in ESO.

I pretty much only play to pvp with a buddy or two, and with Cyrodill in the state its in... ouch.

they really need to fix performance, but I don't think PvP is an area they are aiming to grow. and I have a feeling that real performance improvements in cyrodil will take more investment than they seem to want to make.

all I know is that this game is so great in so many ways, but it is really clear that the PvP population is suffering, with almost all of that because of performance issues.
  • Lattengrabscher
    Lattengrabscher
    ✭✭✭
    they didnt fix it the last 5 years , but at least the game was playable outside of Primetime.
    Now you cant even Play at 3am or 14pm.
    Proud Member of Triggered Tryhards
    DC - Totally not Latte
    DC - Der Böse Hase
    EP - ViperSeducer Metaslave
    EP - Blaubeere
    DC - Der kleine Hase
    AD - Salt Assault

Youtube channel : https://youtube.com/channel/UCSZHzf3v1V9m6-xpn_7a_bw
  • Lotus781
    Lotus781
    ✭✭✭✭
    The game is good when it's works ,but it's definitely no masterpiece.
  • EtTuBrutus
    EtTuBrutus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They've realized it's all in vain, seems you have too. Ive played since ps4 launch, probably played more the first 2 week's than ive played *and paid* this year. After January's garbage attempt to improve performance failed miserably, i lost the last shred of hope. I wouldn't play at all if it there was a pvp alternative.

Lol i literally played a phone game tonight over eso. They don't even acknowledge performance any more
  • Shanan
    Shanan
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe we should take the next step and inform every big pc magazine about the crappy performance and their promises? Will put them under pressure, so they have to do something?
    PC EU - Ravenwatch - @Shanan - VON VENGERBERG
  • MickeyBN
    MickeyBN
    ✭✭✭✭
    Shanan wrote: »
    Maybe we should take the next step and inform every big pc magazine about the crappy performance and their promises? Will put them under pressure, so they have to do something?

Money speaks louder than words.

What we all actually need to do is stop giving them our money. It’s 2020 and they are giving us a broken product, and yet millions are still paying for subscriptions and flicking through the Crown store catalogue every month.

And people wonder why they don’t bother addressing our concerns, go figure.
    Vaelerys Nightborn - Bosmer Nightblade PC NA
  • MickeyBN
    MickeyBN
    ✭✭✭✭
    I can tell you one thing, I won’t be buying Greymoor or any Crowns, or anything for that matter until they fix their god damn game.
    Vaelerys Nightborn - Bosmer Nightblade PC NA
  • fbours
    fbours
    ✭✭✭
    Casual PVE game is all you need to know.
  • Zabulus
    Zabulus
    ✭✭✭

^^ truth.
    ESO+ is off, and i'm not buying the next update.
    ZOS will have my € back when lag in cyrodill will be adressed, and class balanced.
    I doubt to be the only one.
  • fbours
    fbours
    ✭✭✭
    Zabulus wrote: »

^^ truth.
    ESO+ is off, and i'm not buying the next update.
    ZOS will have my € back when lag in cyrodill will be adressed, and class balanced.
    I doubt to be the only one.

I will give it a try after patch but if no improvements I will be taking a good break from ESO. But worst of it is that I know we will not see any improvements, these so called performance patches has done only the opposite, expect the same from this one.
  • Saubon
    Saubon
    ✭✭✭
    Yesterday I tried cyro after a month cyro break just to see if it's better than it was. Skills doesn't fire, ability bars doesn't switch. Position lags, I couldn't even hit NPC guards at farm. Respawn time took 1 min, even when I died just outside the keep. I was chased by corpses of my dead teammates (like wtf xD ). I think this is enough cyro for another month
  • TheMaos
    TheMaos
    ✭✭✭
    Imagine having a performance plan, and you end up making things even worse
  • Goodall
    Goodall
    ✭✭
    I stopped playing for over a year and a half. As I was sick of the lack of the terrible lag in PVP and PVE. With high ping spikes to delayed skills animations and the game not registering any input when you use an ability. Getting 120-190 ping on a EU server is a joke. I have a good pc and good internet and my connection is fine on other mmo's and other video games.

I saw the "improvement plan" and was eagerly exited. Therefore I decided to wait and let Zenimax release two of these "improvement" updates. Well after playing for a week now I can say that the performance is even worse. What a god damn mess. PVP is literally unplayable most of the time even on low pop servers. PVE as well has gotten considerable worse.

For me it's the latency issues that are the problem. The FPS is fine. But Zenimax needs to at least gets it act together however I will never be touching the game again.
  • xylena
    xylena
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    mav1234 wrote: »
    but it is really clear that the PvP population is suffering, with almost all of that because of performance issues.
    PvP performance has been bad for years. The recent horrible combat changes have driven many away from PvP.
    Retired until we break the Tank Meta
  • jadarock
    jadarock
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TheMaos wrote: »
    Imagine having a performance plan, and you end up making things even worse

They are killing it indeed...
  • Kadoin
    Kadoin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Don't forget they gave everyone a super damage boost with the update to make sure you enjoy the PvP experience more when it lags.

Roll and block are both unreliable, and even using a light attack. Yet to milk Skyrim fanboys that have never read a thing about the game they are keeping the servers up. How the games media can conveniently continuously ignore this is surprising. Maybe ZOS pays their protection fee to them...I don't know