The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Problem with antiquities on OSX

Delpi
Delpi
✭✭✭✭✭
Since I wrote three times about this issue on the PTS forum and nobody cares, I write it here.

I had tried the antiquities activity on the PTS server and I tried to use the antiquarian's eye on the dig zones. It doesn't show up (I tried all the possible dig sites). I can hear the effect sound but the light effect showing the direction doesn't appear at all.

Am I the only one having this problem? I have Mac OS Mojave OSX.
Edited by Delpi on May 12, 2020 3:04PM
"I used to be an adventurer like you. Then I took an arrow in the knee..."
  • BlueRaven
    BlueRaven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Delpi wrote: »
    Since I wrote three times about this issue on the PTS forum and nobody cares, I write it here.

I had tried the antiquities activity on the PTS server and I tried to use the antiquarian's eye on the dig zones. It doesn't show up (I tried all the possible dig sites). I can hear the effect sound but the light effect showing the direction doesn't appear at all.

Am I the only one having this problem? I have Mac OS Mojave OSX.

I was having this issue as well. I reported it. And so far nothing.

Honestly between this and the other numerous Mac issues, I think they don’t have the resources to fix them or they just don’t care.
  • thedavidventer
    thedavidventer
    ✭✭✭
    I was going to pre-order Greymoor, but after seeing this, and ZOS support basically telling me that they're not going to do anything about the gamepad controller integration code/bug that I've reported to them (and actually asking me to contact Apple for help, as if I have access to modify the game code in order to fix it... *facepalm*), I won't buy Greymoor until the macOS related ESO bugs are fixed. I don't think resources are an issue. They have plenty of job listings up, albeit none Mac-related. They work hard to fix PC-related bugs and they seem to actively track and respond to other bugs here on the forums. I think they just don't care about the macOS player base. PC-Master race mentality, probably. Or none of the devs actually own, work, or play their own game on a Mac to see what a sub-par and buggy experience it is, so they just assume that everything works. This is ridiculous! Come on now ZOS, what gives?!
    Edited by thedavidventer on May 14, 2020 12:37PM
    David Venter - Digital Creator, macOS Gamer, Graphic Designer, Music Producer
    Official Website | Facebook (Page) | Facebook (Profile) | Instagram | Twitter | Other Links
  • henrycupcakerwb17_ESO
    I was going to pre-order Greymoor, but after seeing this, and ZOS support basically telling me that they're not going to do anything about the gamepad controller integration code/bug that I've reported to them (and actually asking me to contact Apple for help, as if I have access to modify the game code in order to fix it... *facepalm*), I won't buy Greymoor until the macOS related ESO bugs are fixed. I don't think resources are an issue. They have plenty of job listings up, albeit none Mac-related. They work hard to fix PC-related bugs and they seem to actively track and respond to other bugs here on the forums. I think they just don't care about the macOS player base. PC-Master race mentality, probably. Or none of the devs actually own, work, or play their own game on a Mac to see what a sub-par and buggy experience it is, so they just assume that everything works. This is ridiculous! Come on now ZOS, what gives?!

Can we talk about It over iMessage or discord ?
    I’m glad to see any other likeminded people around here
    I’m also one of those who stood my ground against Microsoft Windows
  • Delpi
    Delpi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm just going to say that this a feature of the chapter and it doesn't work at all. The update is just around the corner and there is no answer for this...? Not even a 'We're working on it?' How could it be acceptable?
    "I used to be an adventurer like you. Then I took an arrow in the knee..."
  • BlueRaven
    BlueRaven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For me this got fixed in patch 6.0.4. Anyone else still have issues?
  • Deeprave
    Deeprave
    ✭✭
    BlueRaven wrote: »
    For me this got fixed in patch 6.0.4. Anyone else still have issues?

Nope, this is working for me but running Mojave, not Catalina. I run too many 32-bit apps to upgrade just yet, and using a parallels VM for just for running 32-bit games kinda sucks though I will probably go that route eventually.

I'm actually pretty impressed with some of the quality of life improvements in the mac client. No more long hangs on quit, no white or red screen on startup and noticeable framerate improvement (other than the common one in the new zones that affect all players) - I've been able to bump my settings back up a notch. And not a single crash - yet.