The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Constant LUA errors

TastesAllColors
TastesAllColors
✭✭✭
I get a constant stream of Lua errors. Any solutions?
  • Tavore1138
    Tavore1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    bravo for getting online, normally that will be out of date add-ons - have a close look at the messages they may include the name of the add-on causing the issue.
    GM - Malazan
    Raid Leader - Hungry Wolves
    Legio Mortuum
  • twev
    twev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I get a constant stream of Lua errors. Any solutions?

Mine are from Fraykin's minimap.

I get about 1/second, even standing still.
    My error msgs go to my notification window, and I /reloadui about every 800 to 900 of them.

Edited by twev on May 26, 2020 8:59PM
    The problem with society these days is that no one drinks from the skulls of their enemies anymore.

PC/NA, i7 with 32 gigs of ram, nVME cards and an nVidea 1060 over fiber.
    I don't play through Steam, ever.
  • TastesAllColors
    TastesAllColors
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks, I'll take a look at that. I was just hoping there might be a general solution other than disabling out of date addons
  • Skauron
    Skauron
    ✭✭✭
    The reason for the LUA errors is probably, and mostly due to the addon creators/updaters not being able to get online to test or.. did get logged in once but then realised its probably not wise to logout when noone else can get on to play.

Whilst updating addons is usually the solution, i am thinking after today's debacle, not many will update them on day 1.
    Champion level chars: Nord Warden (Tank):50 Khajiit Nightblade (stam dual blade):50 High Elf Necromancer (magicka dps):50 Dragonknight (Tank):50 Sorcerer Vampire: 50
    Also levelling: Templar (dps)

Started playing ESO: April 4th
  • mavfin
    mavfin
    ✭✭✭✭
    I know that the AUI minimap was throwing errors. I turned off the minimap module, and the rest is working fine.
  • Schemering
    Schemering
    ✭✭✭
    you can get an addon that puts the error messages in the chat window instead of in a separate window n the middle of your screen. You will need to find and update / disable the addons eventually but at least you can play that way
    PC/EU AD 1500+ PC/NA 300+

Schemering - Breton magicka Nightblade
    Ambergloed - Argonian Templar Healer
    Fonkeling - Argonian Dragonknight Tank
    Twinkeling - Dunmer magicka Nightblade
    Sprankeling- Altmer magicka Nightblade
    Schittering - Redguard stamina Nightblade
    Glinstering - Khajiit stamina Sorcerer
    Spiegeling - Altmer magicka Necromancer
    Flonkering - Orc stamina Necromancer
    Glimmering - Argonian Necromancer
    Duisternis - Dunmer magicka Dragonknight
    Maanlicht - Altmer magicka Templar
    Weerlicht - Altmer magicka Sorcerer
    Zonnestraal - Redguard stamina Warden EP char
    Slagschaduw - Dunmer magicka Warden - Healer or Damage Dealer
    Ochtendgloren - Imperial stamina Templar
    Avondval - Redguard stamina Dragonknight
    Aurora Noorderlicht - Breton magicka Nightblade DC char
    Dageraad - Breton magicka Sorcerer

Wisseling - Breton magicka Nightblade NA
    Zonsverduistering - Breton Templar NA Healer
    Tinteling - Argonian Dragonknight NA Tank
  • WhyMustItBe
    WhyMustItBe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Make sure and update your addons, and check "enable out of date." Master Recipe List specifically had a bug that could cause long initial character loads the first time you log in, which has been fixed.
  • bearbelly
    bearbelly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Look to make sure that you've selected the option to run "Out of Date" add-ons, even if you had it selected prior to the patch.
    The update reset that option (the check-box became un-checked). You just have to re-check the box.

I did that, myself, and it cleared up most of the errors, but I still had one add-on that was acting-up.
    When I looked at it in Minion (MiniMap by Fyrakin), it hasn't been updated since February, so I disabled it, and the lua errors stopped completely. I'll leave it disabled until Fyrakin hopefully decides to update it.

Edit: Sorry for parroting what a few others have already said. None of those responses were there when I started typing my response.
    Stupid fat fingers.

Edited by bearbelly on May 26, 2020 9:02PM
  • Alamakot
    Alamakot
    ✭✭✭
    Disable AUI addon until gets an update
  • daim
    daim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here's a fix to Fyrakin's Minimap from https://www.esoui.com/downloads/info605-MiniMapbyFyrakin.html#comments
    if someone is interested and while waiting for the fix from the author.
    I think I solved the problem with the addon. There have been a change in the API for the ZO_MapPin:New() function, that now takes a parameter.

You need to change the following line in the MiniMap.lua file, at the line 3518:

from this:

Code:

pin.mpin = ZO_MapPin:New()

to this:

Code:

pin.mpin = ZO_MapPin:New(ZO_WorldMapContainer)

I haven't tested it a lot, but it seems to be working.

EDIT: Fyrakin is now fixed and working normally after the update
    Edited by daim on May 29, 2020 8:16PM
    ""I am that which grips the heart in fright, hearkens night and silences the light." It was written on my sword, long…long ago." ―Ajunta Pall
    PC|EU
  • bearbelly
    bearbelly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    daim wrote: »
    Here's a fix to Fyrakin's Minimap from https://www.esoui.com/downloads/info605-MiniMapbyFyrakin.html#comments
    if someone is interested and while waiting for the fix from the author.
    I think I solved the problem with the addon. There have been a change in the API for the ZO_MapPin:New() function, that now takes a parameter.

You need to change the following line in the MiniMap.lua file, at the line 3518:

from this:

Code:

pin.mpin = ZO_MapPin:New()

to this:

Code:

pin.mpin = ZO_MapPin:New(ZO_WorldMapContainer)

I haven't tested it a lot, but it seems to be working.

Yeah, that one worked for me.
  • ne.ga.kurai_ESO
    ne.ga.kurai_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    You can also try the 'No, thank you!' addon to suppress some error messages. Better to fix them at the root, obviously.