The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

Emperor would easily be the worst designed mechanic in PvP

Fawn4287
Fawn4287
✭✭✭✭✭
It is literally obtainable only by a bomber, it is purely a reward for 1. Playing in the biggest group possible (to capture all the emp keeps) and 2. Playing more than anyone else. I can’t possibly fathom why the largest group with the least employed players deserves a buff and to double the stats of the bomber who is on the most? Most people can only obtain it by having multiple people play on one account which is a violation the rules anyway. Please do away with this outdated idea, sure reward the kid sweating his heart out with a title for playing the most but stop giving out the buff.I play on NA servers from OCE and off peak in most campaigns is just an emp zerg playing PvDoor with someone spamming chains dragging anyone they can in to the AOE spam of the zerg. Between faction lock and the lag Cyrodil is already barely playable and it seems the only people still constantly playing are emp farming zergs.
  • Kadoin
    Kadoin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I never support emperor pushes or emperorship in general no matter what faction I play because most of the time:

a. It's done during a time when other factions can't defend
    b. It promotes heavy zerging, and that's always annoying, then:

c. It's a selfish achievement
    d. Most emperors are not worthy IMO and if faction wasn't locked I would be farming them

Options
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Emperorship was a little more accessible when we had seven day campaigns. Then you could try, and if you didn't make it straight out of the gate, try again next week.
    Options
  • Fawn4287
    Fawn4287
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Emperorship was a little more accessible when we had seven day campaigns. Then you could try, and if you didn't make it straight out of the gate, try again next week.

Its not that I could ever amass the play time to get emp (even during this corona virus disaster) it just absolutely kills off peak cyrodil gameplay which is when my time zone lines up and when the lag allows for some actual non zerg V zerg play. I cannot stand that fact that People are running around with more health (like every second build isn’t already at 30k health anyway) and someone who does absolutely nothing but bomb day and night gets to run up 1 button delete me purely because his friends and him farms AP on his account 22 hours a day
    Options
  • BaiterOfZergs
    BaiterOfZergs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There has been multiple solo emperors that aren’t bombers, I’ve literally ganked my way to emperor before.

In fact playing in big groups is one of the worst things you can do to get emp unless there’s no one that actually knows what they’re doing going for emp.
    Zerg of House Smallscale, First of his name, wielder of Volendrung, battleground hero, Cyrodiil butcher, the swifft footed, OG of the Templars and first pvpers, defender of scrolls and baiter of zergs.
    Options
  • gresiac
    gresiac
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have 3 emperors I work fulltime and have a family. You have to try when the campaign reset give it 12 hours if its not happeing try another time. Its not only for ppl that have no life you just have to be good at pvp and know how the ap system works.
    Options
  • Bergzorn
    Bergzorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got emp in early 2015 when I was new to the game and knew basically nothing about its combat mechanics. I don't really remeber, but I was probably only light attacking and sieging. It eludes me how I managed to get to the top of the leaderboard (for the younger ones, you got only 100 AP for flipping a keep or a resource back then). That tells a lot about the Emperor achievment. The dye is nice, though.

Some Emps are tough and you want them dethroned as fast as possible. Others are so bad, their increased stats don't even matter.

no CP PvP PC/EU

EP Zergborn
    DC Zerg Beacon

guild master, raid leader, janitor, and only member of Zergbored
    Options
  • Inspiral808
    Inspiral808
    ✭✭✭
    The terrible Emperor system also encourages AP boosting exploits. PC EU Gray Host has a couple of well-known cheaters/exploiters playing for the Pact who regularly get Emperor through these illegitimate means.
    Just a bad system all round.
    Options
  • Somnilux
    Somnilux
    ✭✭✭
    Simple solution would be that you can only get emp once per campaign. It would allow for more people to get it and not reward the single players maintaining a huge lead the whole campaign and repeatedly getting emp every morning when their faction night caps.

While it wouldn't be perfect it would be an easy fix and a lot better in the long run.
    Luxe Khanna - AD, Rank 49 Argonian Magblade Healer
    Crystala Khanna - AD, Rank 40 Khajiit Stamplar
    Guilds: Fantasia, Dominant Dominion.
    Options
  • catnamedwill
    catnamedwill
    ✭✭✭
    @Somnilux Wheeler stated once years ago that they don't want Emperor to be easy achievement and would rather have it as a rare achievement. It is essentially a bait for players to put to more hours in PvP and incentive to boost playtime in the game, something ZOS can show in financial reports.

Essentially if you implement only once rule for Emperor, instead of getting say 2-3 unique emperors each campaign, you are looking at 15-20 unique emperors each campaign, drastically dropping the rarity of it. Also it takes it easier for guilds trading emperor.
    Edited by catnamedwill on May 27, 2020 5:27AM
    Options
  • vesselwiththepestle
    vesselwiththepestle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fawn4287 wrote: »
    It is literally obtainable only by a bomber, it is purely a reward for 1. Playing in the biggest group possible (to capture all the emp keeps) and 2. Playing more than anyone else.
    I made emp not so long ago on Stam DK, definitely not a bomber, most of the time soloing ressources and running in lfg groups. To capture emp keeps, you need a strong alliance, true, but it doesn't matter as much in which group you are running as in what alliance you are playing. It's just that some alliances have an easier time to make emps, depending on server and campaign. A pve friend of mine made AD emp just before me, while I play DC. We were joking later that as DC emp I did the "hard mode". It might be different in other campaigns.

Getting the emp buffs is a HUGE reward and honestly, whoever puts that much effort in the game deserves such a reward.

A bigger issue would be the health buff to the whole alliance, though. This makes the stronges alliance at that moment even stronger. However, the alliance needs an incentive to push for emp. I already know many players who are saying "uh, why all the work, what is it to ME when i make SOMEONE ELSE emp?". Maybe the health buff could be replaced by an AP buff. Or they add a quest similar to the scroll quests, which everyone can hand in after making emp with some special rewards. No need for the health buff then.
    Edited by vesselwiththepestle on May 28, 2020 7:15AM
    1000+ CP
    PC/EU Ravenwatch Daggerfall Covenant

Give me my wings back!
    Options