The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

PvP May 2020

Skander
Skander
✭✭✭✭✭
3XjNmBN.png

Just normal P2W class balance
I meme, but my memes are so truthful they hurt
-Elder Nightblades Online
Want competitive pvp while being outnumbered? Tough luck, the devs clearly said you have to die in those situations
  • mav1234
    mav1234
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    no classes are p2w - especially not templar or sorc
  • Vietfox
    Vietfox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Magicka warden P2W class??
    ej5mHrM.gif
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Of the three classes in that death recap, I was expecting this to be another ever-popular "Nerf Sorc" thread.

Nerf Warden? Nice change of pace.

I'd be more inclined to listen if you had a better recap of the battle or provided an actual explanation of what you feel was unbalanced. Those death recaps show limited skills and give a very incomplete picture of what happened. This picture does not, in fact, tell a thousand words.
    Edited by VaranisArano on May 24, 2020 2:27PM
  • aaylas
    aaylas
    ✭✭✭
    Your death recap has 39k damage over the course of at least 6 seconds (and those are just the top 5 sources--you were taking additional damage that didn't make the top 5 during that). So, whatever you were playing is probably either OP, or you're an annoying PVP tank.

The only thing that's OP on that death recap is the execute that a certain class can pre-apply and proc when you get low for massive damage.
  • jadarock
    jadarock
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @aaylas
    So this is now a nerf sorc thread?
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Theres at least 4 players in there, 3 classes. Nothing to see here
  • Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    ZOS left you some hints on the death screen there.
    @Solar_Breeze
    NA ~ Izanerys: Dracarys (Videos | Dracast Podcast)
    EU ~ Izanagi: Roleplay Circle (AOE Rats/ Zerg Squad / Banana Squad)
  • Sarousse
    Sarousse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Obviously a fake as no one can fire skills in Cyrodiil right now.
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Magwardens are balanced because their skills are more broken. The contrast between playing a MagWarden and another class is pretty big, it takes a couple extra GCDs to get each skill to fire.
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
  • FirmamentOfStars
    FirmamentOfStars
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Iskiab wrote: »
    Magwardens are balanced because their skills are more broken. The contrast between playing a MagWarden and another class is pretty big, it takes a couple extra GCDs to get each skill to fire.

Didnt you know that latency is lowered, fps increased and skills fire more reliably when playing a warden or necromancer?
    I mean there must be something benefitting you when playing the new classes. Oh wait there are stamina necromancers...no need for any other benefits.
  • Akinos
    Akinos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Skander wrote: »
    3XjNmBN.png

lol, put some points into thick skinned, no way fetcher and storm should be hitting you that hard.
    PC NA | @AkinosPvP 1vX/Small Scaler, Raid Leader, Youtuber and Twitch.tv Streamer.MAGICKA MELEE IS LIFE!Magplar, MagDK, Magden, Magblade, Magsorc & Magcro PvP/Build videos & moretwitch.tv/akinospvp
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Akinos wrote: »
    3XjNmBN.png

lol, put some points into thick skinned, no way fetcher and storm should be hitting you that hard.

I've seen advice for templars to not put as much into thick skinned because of purge but its a bad idea as you cannot purge northern storm or other non-target DOTs, and looking at this recap, the last tooltip makes me think they are running a templar. Although I thought fletcher flies were purgeable?
  • jadarock
    jadarock
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They are purgeable......

1) You're squishy
    2) You got focused
    3) You were snared and had minor vulnerability +whatever else on you

• Vietfox
    Vietfox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    3XjNmBN.png

@Akinos @technohic
    iirc thick skinned and thaumaturge only work on skills that say "deals X damage over X seconds" and not on "deals X damage every 1 second"
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vietfox wrote: »
    3XjNmBN.png

@Akinos @technohic
    iirc thick skinned and thaumaturge only work on skills that say "deals X damage over X seconds" and not on "deals X damage every 1 second"

I think I've heard something like that before. Makes me scratch my head when they go and standardize some things but miss on making the obvious, well; obvious? But let's focus on APM. That's what makes it rough on new players lol
  • Akinos
    Akinos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    technohic wrote: »
    3XjNmBN.png

I've seen advice for templars to not put as much into thick skinned because of purge but its a bad idea as you cannot purge northern storm or other non-target DOTs, and looking at this recap, the last tooltip makes me think they are running a templar. Although I thought fletcher flies were purgeable?

fletcher is purgeable yes, and even though templars can purge them and other dots, the warden ult is not something you can purge and is affected by thick skinned along with ele defender such. Also if the OP was a templar surely he would of purged the fletchers off and not taken so much damage? I always put at least 15% into thick skinned, even on classes that can purge.
    3XjNmBN.png

@Akinos @technohic

They both affect both types. Nothern Storm=DoT.
    Edited by Akinos on May 26, 2020 6:10AM
    PC NA | @AkinosPvP 1vX/Small Scaler, Raid Leader, Youtuber and Twitch.tv Streamer.MAGICKA MELEE IS LIFE!Magplar, MagDK, Magden, Magblade, Magsorc & Magcro PvP/Build videos & moretwitch.tv/akinospvp
  • wheem_ESO
    wheem_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jadarock wrote: »
    They are purgeable......

1) You're squishy
    2) You got focused
    3) You were snared and had minor vulnerability +whatever else on you
    If he's squishy, the Stamplar who hit that Biting Jabs must have forgotten to put all their gear on. Unless maybe that's the damage he took while blocking or something. The only thing that ever really beats Biting Jabs' damage on me in BGs is Molten Whip, and that's mostly due to Vampirism.

I really have no idea why they changed the old versions of Northern Storm and Permafrost, but I think the damage is probably a bit too much right now (especially since it can no longer be blocked). With the changes to the stupid PvE Master Lightning Staff, the stream of AOE damage might be a little less dumb, but then again the Ultimate itself will have significantly higher spell damage now...

All that said, the screenshot isn't representative of Battlegrounds PvP in May of 2020. You'd need more Biting Jabs and Dizzying Swing spam, with maybe a Mage's Wrath or Endless Fury killsteal at the end.
  • Zer0_CooL
    Zer0_CooL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Try using spear shards or piercing javelins to even the odds, or birng a friend.
  • Aces-High-82
    Aces-High-82
    ✭✭✭
    3XjNmBN.png

fletcher is purgeable yes, and even though templars can purge them and other dots, the warden ult is not something you can purge and is affected by thick skinned along with ele defender such. Also if the OP was a templar surely he would of purged the fletchers off and not taken so much damage? I always put at least 15% into thick skinned, even on classes that can purge.
    3XjNmBN.png

@Akinos @technohic

Northern Storm deals direct damage.
    Fletcher is Dot. Technohic is absolutely right.
  • Akinos
    Akinos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    3XjNmBN.png

3XjNmBN.png

@Akinos @technohic

Northern Storm deals direct damage.
    Fletcher is Dot. Technohic is absolutely right.

No it 's not. Northern storm is affected by thaumaturge/thick skinned, so was bats, and so is the new bats. Test it and see. There used to be a bug where those skills tooltips were being buffed by direct damage but didn't actually give it more damage while thaumaturge did.

The UESP build editor says so too. Even sets like grothdarr and ice furnace get buffed by thaumaturge.
    Edited by Akinos on May 28, 2020 2:18AM
  • Relladen
    Relladen
    ✭✭
    Definitely a git gud issue lmao